• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Zyprexa, MDMA and stupidity: Anti Phsycotics?

JayJ

Bluelighter
I always try to do some kind of research before trying a new substance, but this time due to awkward or untimely circumstances i didn't. yes i was silly...

During a recent evening, the usual "everything seems like a wicked idea" attitude came over while I was speeding pretty hard, anyways, stupidly a friend who's into anything pharmy gave me some olanzapine "Zyprexa" to use another day, said they're fun and give kinda slightly MDMA rushes etc but that I should probably leave taking them for another time as I was on my way out and they can make you a little messy. unfortunatly i wasn't in the frame of mind to ask what they really were for or did, i just grabbed em.

Anywho, while partyn the usual need to feel something more came over me, and while trying to track down some pills i recieved a call from my friend-> and it was suggested at some point that i should try 10mg olanzapine stupid mistake!. after about 15-30 minutes, I started comming down really fast of the meth and just kinda lingered fairly low for the rest of the night. I had a few drinks to try "kick some feeling" again and also happened to find some pills from a trusted source and *i know i should have tested them but i didn't*. The pill didn't work, i was thinking that perhaps the pill was bunk, but after doing some delayed and regretful research just now, i found that Zyprexa is an Anti Phsycotic!!?

I did a search on bluelight couldn't find much, erowid had some info but i'm still a little unsure? Do Anti phsycotic's work in a similar way with regard to anti depressants and amphetimines? could zyprexa fucked my night!? i couldn't find the actual pill on pillreports but managed to find a similar pill in a melboune thread that suggested it wasn't really great, but that it wasn't bunk either as was my case. I also posted a report of my pill in the adelaide pill thread too, but I'm thinking now it's probably useless to everyone?

So I guess that obviously the moral of the story is do research everything, both the of the nature of the substance your experimenting with, and also of the actual substance your taking. And i suppose the question i'm asking is simply, what is the deal with Anti Phsycotics?

Interesting substance Olanzapine. It is a sulphur containing benzodiazepine analogue. Its modes of action are similar to other antipsychotic dibenzodiazepines but very different to typical benzo's such as valium.

You are probably correct in assuming Olanzapine (Zyprexa) countered the effects of the MDMA. Olanzapine is among other things a potent (+++) 5HT2 antagonist.

Olz [Olanzpine] has been found to be especially useful in treating refractory schizophrenic patients. Long-term use of Olz has been shown to reduce rate of relapse in the patients.
Its (Olz) mode of action is attributed to its selective dopamine antagonism, specifically D4 receptors, and serotonin antagonism (specifically 5HT2 receptors).

page 23; Mechanism of action of psychotics; Haloperidol and Olanzapine in vitro

This means that although MDMA may have increased levels of extracellular neural 5HT (serotonin), the receptors which get stimulated are unavailable due to the stronger binding affinity and receptor "switch off" actions of Zyprexa.

Despite Zyprexa's low binding affinity for D2, I would also imagine that when used with meth or MDMA, this drug would result in a higher turnover of 5HT/ DA/ NA etc producing more free radicals, and oxidative species and therefore increasing neurotoxicity from oxidative stress.

Olanzapine/Zyprexa does indeed have potential to reduce the effects of MDMA and other amphetamines. Some people in the Other Drugs forum are fond of drugs like Zyprexa for when they want to come down from stimulants. You can't have searched very hard! past threads!

I'm pleased you learned a lesson about taking a substance unknown to you. Now you know what Zyprexa is, you can go back to your mate and tell him he was a wanker for offering it to you.:) Other than making one feel very drowsy, Zyprexa does not have recreational value and it certainly dpes not feel like MDMA(but it treats psychosis very nicely indeed). You probably should take down that pill report as it won't be very accurate....

Zyprexa is being used to treat meth addiction and cravings so this is no surprise!

Zyprexa is very good at slowing your mind down, it doesn't produce a high, just a slowing and calming effect.
If you are overly analytical and you can't keep up with your thoughts, anti-psychotics can help to bring you back to a less-destructive speed of thought.
If you are on anti-psychotics, really watch out for involuntary mouth movements & be prepared for extreme hand tremors