• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film: 28 Days Later

Petersko

Bluelighter
So "28 Days Later" opens tomorrow. I'm all giddy.

Reviews have been pretty great, for the most part. CNN has an article praising it.

The quicktime trailers at apples site are pretty damn good.

Horror movie fans might get something worth watching finally!

Anybody see it in sneak previews?

Looking forward to this one also. I love post-apocolyptic films. Add zombies to the mix and I'm all over that. :)

I liked it... a little bit gratuitous with the gore, but a good movie

Oh wow! This film has been released on DVD for quite a while now in this country. Nice change to get a good movie before you guys :p

I really liked it. It seems a bit of a love or hate film though. I went in expecting it to be a full on old school Zombie-type movie, which it is to start with but then all of a sudden it just gets so dark and twisted. I love it! I know they only did it because it was cheap, but I think the way it was all filmed in digital video actually worked really well. The plot isn't amazingly original and does tend to borrow a bit (notably from the ...of the dead series), but whats original now?? I was a bit let down by the ending, but I won't say anything about that cos that would be mean.

Definately recommend this :)

Ok, I thought this was one of the worst movies I have ever seen along with Freddy Got Fingered and Jeepers Creepers. Plot starts out normal then the movie just gets boring. Only a few scary parts in it.

I seriously don't understand what people can possibly like about this movie considering the plot is idiotic, the acting is horrible and characters represent the epitome of stupidity.

Bleh, I would rather be forced to watch MTV while it slowly decays my mind with Real World and Sorority Life.

Fucking horrible..................

***MINOR SPOILERS THROUGHOUT***

I loved this movie.

It's the best "zombie" movie since Dawn of the Dead. I put zombie in quotations like that because they weren't really zombies in the traditional cinematic sense. They were not the walking dead, they didn't crave brains and they didn't stumble slowly around moaning like a drunk stroke victim. They were humans who were infected with... well... evil.

Although I doubt it was intentional, the movie was a bit like a 90 minute homage to Romero's Dead trilogy. A few scenes more so than others. Setting nervous tension by having our protagonist taking refuge with a few other survivors in an abandoned house like in Night of the Living Dead. Throwing in a moment of brevity while they run gleefuly through a supermarket like in Dawn of the Dead. Then ending up with some left over soldiers who have their very own zombie on a chain like in Day of the Dead.

I did have a few dislikes about the movie.

First off, the begining was, IMHO, pointless. I think it would have been a much better movie if they started it out in the hospital with Jim waking up. I couldn't quite dig the evil monkey thing.

Second of all, Danny Boyle used WAY too much jumpy editing and camerawork. Someone of his ability should be able to potray a scene on screen without having to resort to confusing split-second cuts. There were a few points where I couldn't really tell what was happening to whom. Especially during the climactic scene. All I could really tell was that one pale British guy was chasing another pale British guy and there were a couple infected British guys chasing after them.

it wasn't really as scary as I thought it would be either. I thought the concept of being isolated like that was creepier than the actual zombies.

Summation: This movie won't win any awards. But if you are getting tired of the plethora of shitty zombie movies out there, this one will keep you entertained.

Adios,
Steve

I didn't like it as much as I expected to. I like about the first half of the movie. Until they got to the fort place (with the soldiers). After that it kind of got boring for me at certain points. I really wasn't a big fan of the ending either. It seemed as if they just threw it in there.

It also seemed to be kinda long.

It's okay. Nothing fantastic, though there are a couple of nice twists. I just don't think it has enough to elevate it above a popcorn movie. It's good enough for one look on the big screen.

Saw it on Friday. Not bad. Not as much a horror as a social commentary. I thought he really brought his point homel towards the end.

Not the scary thrill ride that I expected, but a deeper movie.

I enjoyed it.

I'm with Grim on this one. Not only was this the lousiest film - by a mile! - which I saw last year (I'm in England) but it's simply one of the worst I've ever seen - and I've seen a few. I can think of little good to say about it except that the early scenes of a deserted post-apocalypse London were semi-impressive, but even they were flawed. But the rest of it was truly awful.

It's everything that a movie shouldn't be: dull, witless, cliched, unimaginative, phony, implausible, humourless, irritating and pretentious. It contains some of the worst acting I've ever seen and the ending is both ludicrous - a weedy cycle courier single-handedly kills an army regiment, and all for lurve, for fucks sake! 8( - and obnoxious - I'm no fan of the military but I doubt they would be as base as they are portrayed in 28 Days, even in extremis. All in all, I've never seen a film which insults it's audience's intelligence as much as this one. And it's not even the slightest bit scary.

The only frightening thing about it is that Danny Boyle - the guilty man responsible for this travesty - was given £3million of UK lottery funds to help him make it. He should be charged with extortion and forced to pay it back, with interest! If you thought Boyle's previous movie The Beach was bad, well that was Apocalypse Now in comparison to this piece of shit!

And don't insult George Romero by comparing this to his zombie movies. The only way 28 Days seemed like a zombie movie is that it made me feel like one when I watched it!

Atrocious.

not a bad flick

Jeez. I thought 28 days later was decent. To link this to JEEPERS CREEPERS (which did totally suck no matter how completely bent on Opiates you are) is kind of harsh. To bash FREDDIE GOT FINGERED in the same post is blasphemy!!!! FGF is a totally different genre and I (yes Im the only one I know with this opinion) thought it was decent for a stoner flick.

28 Days later did drag a bit towards the end but all in all it wasnt a complete waste of cash like some of the shit that the movie industry has been cranking out lately. Not great but decent.

Ity was an OK film. One thing that hypes it up a bit for me was the fact that it was shot entirely on mini DV... Kickass. :)

heheh I loved this movie, I have to completely agree with lingo on this one. This is one of the best zombie movies I've seen. I think the main reason a lot of people didn't like this movie is because of the 'slow' beginning, by the way they did the whole monkey, him waking up quiet thing it seemed like it was going to build into more of a psychological thriller than a killer zombie flick, and it wasn't it was just a zombie horror flick, but it was a really good zombie horror flick. I think one of the reasons it got such bad reviews is that people were reviewing it as something that it wasn't. You have to appreciate it for what it is.

While the whole 2 second shots of looney with his arms flailing around grunting thing started to get old towards the end, I still found it incredibly entertaining. I'd say for most people this is a rent movie than a theater movie, unless you like zombie flicks in which case you'll love this.

trippies

I have yet to see this movie....
When I saw the trailer and read the description
Plot Outline: After a virus wipes out most of the planet, a handful of survivors try to save the human race from extinction. - From imdb.com

It sounded like the same plot from the 80's horror flick Night of the Comet!
Either that or 12 Monkey's.

If anyone has seen 28 days later and remembers Night of the Comet, definitely post on here if you think the plot is similiar.

I would definitely like to hear more opinions about this movie!

Grim said:
Ok, I thought this was one of the worst movies I have ever seen along with Freddy Got Fingered and Jeepers Creepers. Plot starts out normal then the movie just gets boring. Only a few scary parts in it.

*LMAO* JEEPERS CREEPERS! OH man, the WORST movie EVER!!!!!
Hahahah, when me and my boyfriend saw that one, we were just like, OH MY GOD, is this for real? The best part is when the evil guy gets run over, and then gets up and walks away all bent and messed up, like some kind of cartoon.
Oh and I can't WAIT to see 28 days later! YAY!

28 days later...WOW

I am very tough on movies..I don't like much of the stuff coming out these days because its all the same just with different actors....But My eyes have found a great movie to break the cycle of suck.
..28 days later...done by two of the three guys who did transpotting(also a great film). Breaking the trend of horror movie that had tons of gore and crappy chase like sceene with obscure creatures of the night killing with bimbos running into rooms they can't get out of,
this movie is full of story line, twists, turns , emotional victories, and yet hair raising jumps now and then.I love films not done in our american pre set style..The even used grainy film, fast action cameras and dark lighting in most of the movie to add the feel which will land itself in your top 20 favorite movies of all time..Sure its a long movie...but name a great movie that isn't 2hrs or more....not many if any at all.(excluding comedies which never run more that 2hrs)

What is everybody elses view on the film...I find it to be a rollercoaster of fear then pride at the end like a braveheart push to the end...then the slow cut to the final scene...I loved it and want to know what others think...If your somebody who doesn't like films not done in america.don't bother talking bad about the movies because you don't understand already...i want to hear for people who like movies...not parts of movies..movies with stories not just cool graphics and fight scenes..

So What do you think.......Classic or to you Trash it...

Chicken p.s. its in my top 20 fav movies now,, and thats hard to crack..

you said
"First off, the begining was, IMHO, pointless. I think it would have been a much better movie if they started it out in the hospital with Jim waking up. I couldn't quite dig the evil monkey thing"(lingo)....the whole point of the monkey scene is to tie in the end of the movie with the begining....they have a caged animal that endeds up getting out that kills the people testing it...and on the army base they have a caged animal(the zombie) testing it until it gets lose and kills those who are testing it...Very normal for movies to tie up the ends like this..

From what I can tell from talking to people and the message boards..people seem to be upset that it doesn't fit the template of a normal horror flick...short, lots of gore and jumpy scary entrances into rooms and such...I think its about time we had a movie that has a plot(good or indiffernt)but a plot it follows and twist that our run of the mill blond girl running and hiding in her no way out room ....no obscene nudity and no unnessary"keep your attention fight scenes..if you don't like long movies...well don't watch this one.
Chicken

Last edited: