Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

does anyone just smoke green?

onetwothreefour

Bluelight Crew
due to a variety of reasons (from the whole "i don't smoke cigarettes, so smoking tobacco from a bong is the same thing" guilt-trip, to its addictive nature to whatever else), my flatmate and i only smoke the green. from what i've noticed, *none* of our friends (who've all been doing it for longer) do this - they all mix it with tobacco.

i did a search and couldn't find any threads on the specific issue, but i'm just interested in finding out if others (regularly?) do this, what they find the differences to be, and stuff like that. i find the weed (w/o tobacco) goes down a lot easier, and even though you don't get the headrush unique to tobacco, i tend to enjoy the effects more.

I always smoke mixed, simply because I prefer the nicotine rush to be there.

BigTrancer :)

when smoking by myself, it's only green.

but i will never knock back a spun cone(unless it's like 50/50).

i don't like spin too much, because i find that too many cones leads to headaches, nausea and eventually vomiting.
i've never spewed off green cones, but 1 in 10 spin chops will end in vomiting for me. i also find that it makes it taste like shit, and i hate the headrushes.

GO GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just the greens for me (I quit smoking (ciggies) 6 months ago now) however have never mixed my 'Greens with the Browns' I think alot has to do with area I know here in Perth it isn't common but I have heard alot of Melbournites do mix so :\

I rekon it spoils the taste also. :p

It wasn't until I went overseas some years ago that I realised that the rest of the world (including the rest of Australia) actually mixed their weed. I'd led a sheltered life up until that point.

That's cause in SA, where I'm from, I don't know one person who mixes their grass (even in joints). It's just not done. Which is great for me cause I don't smoke tobacco and can't stand the taste of it.

I really don't like the taste of mixed grass, hurts the lungs to much, and I don't like the head spins.

^^^^^
glad to hear not many people do it in perth!!! i'm moving there in about 3 weeks, and will be straight for a while. it's good to know that the first person i chop with will most likely smoke straight!

i'm starting to get sick of getting sick off chops(if that makes any sense)!

Speaking from a newbies point of view. ie before this week I always knocked back an offered bong or J, but just this week I found a grammy bag untouched.

I was at home and bored one night at home so started chopping up the bud but there are no ciggies at my house so I rolled a J green no mix and lit it up.

To my supprise, I didn't cough, the reason why I dont smoke.
I love being stoned but cant handle the fact my lungs nearly come out my mouth every time I take a puff.

AS of late the only ways I would get stoned would be hash muffins, which I have made the ultimate one at the moment that gets me very trashed or I borrow a mates evaperator and use that.
Anyways STRAIGHT GREEN IS GREAT
AND P.S. I am a MELBOURNIAN

well,
in my joints, i only put green.

When I went to Holland, they all do it this way, and I find it to be a lot nicer (not to mention better for u ;))

sonic_reality: just for the record, the weapons of choice are pipes and bongs ;)

From my personal experience, most people that mix are just stingy fucks that want their dope to last.

When I was a lot younger and none of my friends had jobs etc, every little speck of dope was precious. Joints were unheard of and buckets were predominant because you need very little to fuck you up.

I have never smoked ciggies and have never even inhaled smoke from a ciggie. I've been given mixed stuff before and it made me choke.

I smoke dope for enjoyment of the taste, smell and other things associated. Just like I drink because I like the taste of some beers and some wines - not to get drunk usually.
(On the other hand, I smoke meth to get really fucked up :)

When I used to live in Perth, we only ever smoked green, I didn't know anyon who mixed their pot unless they were rolling a joint.

Green only here. To me and my other loyal green stoner friends refer to spinning as "poisoning" or "spoiling", very apt terms to us too.

Unfortunately, we do seem like a minority.

Personally, I think it makes the smoke look, taste and smell like shit, and it gets yellow stains all through my bong.

I hate spinner arguments like "You get more", how the fuck do ya? I don't even like "So it burns easier", because i've never had trouble lighting my weed before.

Keep the whacky, forget the tobaccy.

This is probably a sweeping statement, but a friend told me that most people in Malaysia mix cannabis with tobbaco. It seems to serve several purposes: to bulk up the mix so everyone would be able to take part, to optimize the burn rate (a lot of weed there is not properly cured and thus tends to be wet, so mixing tobacco dries the mix by "absorbing" the moisture - makes it easier to burn faster), and of course for the nicotine rush as BT pointed out. He is a smoker and has been for 7 years, but he doesn't mix when he smokes alone before sleeping. Apparently, it's because tobacco leaves an aftertaste which would require another teeth brushing episode. He also feels that weed alone tastes better. :)

reasons pplz do it

- Make the pot go further.
- Burns better, especially when the gear is wet and sticky.
- If I smoke a cone of 100% green and smoke a cone of mixed, i find that I cough more on straight green although its smoother when inhaling. I believe this is because in a cone of straight greenery, there is more tar than a cone of mixed content as pot has heaps more tar in it than tobacco (ie. heaps more smoke in your lungs)

I used to smoke only green but now I smoke about 60/40 i.e 60%green 40% tobacco sometimes even 50/50.. i find it keeps me stoned for longer and I can smoke larger cones that way.. with Green I get stoned but not as much and I feel it sits in my stomach to much when its green.

I live in sydney and if you dont smoke it spun then people find you quite odd lol

Green all the way, I am from S.A. too, originally (6yrs ago) and I couldn't figure out why everyone in NSW was mixing. Until I saw the prices people were paying! Though now I will toke on a mixed J, I will always ask for a straight cone before the chop. I'd rather pack a fat one into the piece and punch it, sit back an smile than spend 1/2 an hour passing spin dust around. But that's just me being an arrogant purist...

How I long for the good old days of nine plants decriminalised...

When we first got to Melb and we first saw people mixing, we were all thinking "What's wrong with you people!!"
What we came to realise is that people in Melb smoke because it's cool to be seen smoking a joint and it's the in thing to do. In Perth we smoke to get really fucked up. And that's the difference.

Also I remember hearing that some people mix because it burns hotter and vapourises the THC better.

I to am a perth stoner and most of my mates use spin in there cones i for one am agaist it and still with the good old all green cone

Long time perth stoner here. Me and my circles all spin with the back-a-weed. Its a personal thing some people can't handle the tobacco rush others won't touch an unspun cone. Try chopping a bowl in the south without tobacco and they'll think your mental ;)

Initially, me and my mates smoked mixed, I just began doing it because it was the way I was taught to smoke. But after I went through a ciggie smoking stage and came out the other end, I quit mixing, and smoke green now. I'm in Sydney, and very few people I know smoke green. Nobody seems to refuse a green cone, but they all prefer mixed. I can't understand why! I suppose it goes further because more people can have a cone, but its simple really, with green you just have smaller cones.

Robot Features - It's smooth on a green cone because theres no tobacco to shrink your windpipe, but you cough because theres more weed than in a mixed cone, therefore more THC that will 'tickle' the back of your throat and cause the coughing. Remember, if you're coughing a lot, you're probably just getting really stoned! If its green, generally, you cough because of the THC content in the smoke.

I find tobacco in my mix just makes me cough. Lately I've been offered mixed cones, and as soon as I pull, my throat just collapses, and I'm barely able to breathe in any longer. It reminds me why I smoke green - Its better for you (in the long run), and its as smooth as can be :)