Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Nursing Mothers and MDMA

mudomia

Bluelighter
I'm friends with a couple who are expecting a baby later in the year. Both of the expecting parents had a few months off drugs before conception, and the expecting mother has not had any drugs or alcohol during the pregnancy.

We were talking the other day about when will be the next time the expecting mother can have a pill. Obviously this will not be until after the baby is born, but how long after? She will be breastfeeding for some time after the baby is born.

So my question is, in the interest of harm minimisation, what is the health threat to the nursing mother taking MDMA? What is the health threat to the baby? Does she have to wait until she has stopped breastfeeding before she has MDMA again?

At a guess I'd say to wait until the baby no longer relies on any biological material from the mother at all before starting on pills again. This is not from any scientific point of view - it just seems like common sense. I don't think it'd be worth the risk.

Besides, I doubt the mother is going to have much time for pills with a new born baby to look after anyway...

You should find past threads on this topic if you search the Health Q & A forum...

REMEMBER: you can freeze breat milk for uup to a year, and your sysytem should be clean in about 3 days... so get a breast pump, stock up and pill your brains out

^^^not very wise advice at all. like pleonastic said, the mother's not going to have a lot of time to do pills once she has a baby to look after. also, imagine if she did pill her brains out after expressing milk....then what happens when this child has to grow up witha braindead mother? i'm not saying don't do pills, cos they're too good to just stop forever, but things completely change once you bring a child into the world. your priorities change and you have greater responsibilities.

my advice is to stay off them until the child has well and truly stopped breastfeeding.

^^^ Well apparently T_e_ss the Father is allowed to go out now, then when the baby is born the Mother is allowed to go out. So she might have the time on her hands, and may just want to get out of the house for a night. :\ Well, the theory sounds good anyway. he he he.

I can assure you that know-one is talking about "pilling their brains out". Not gonna happen.

We have come to some of the same common sense conclusions as mentioned already in this thread. I was just trying to get some more scientific facts. I did find some related topics in the Health Q&A forum as suggested by babydoc_vic

Last edited:
pill your brains out
and
imagine if she did pill her brains out after expressing milk....then what happens when this child has to grow up witha braindead mother?
Dear god people, aren't we trying to spread information and facts on this website? Not sensational statements likepilling your brains out and braindead mother??!!Pfft

Anyhow, I am sure every new parent knows all too well the time and effort that goes into looking after a new baby. The fact they are asking this question suggests they are taking the issue seriously. mudomia: I hope you found the answers you require in Health Q & A, if not, let us know.

Like pleo, I have no scientficn evidence to back this up, it just seems common sense.

I know mothers are ecouraged not to drink and smoke and mainain a healthy diet whilst breastfeeding, and MDMA is still present in your blood and urine for several days afterwards (possibly longer in fat cells), so it could be wise to avoid.

T_e_ss said:
^^^not very wise advice at all. like pleonastic said, the mother's not going to have a lot of time to do pills once she has a baby to look after. also, imagine if she did pill her brains out after expressing milk....then what happens when this child has to grow up witha braindead mother?

your an idiot.

^^ wow, that's a really great contribution to this thread. why don't you try to tally up your posts in a forum like "the lounge."
i was completely exaggerating the situation when i mentioned the braindead mother thing, but what i was getting at was, i wouldn't start pilling again until i had finished breastfeeding. that way there's no possible way of harming your child.

And if we really wanted to get technical here elicid, i think you meant "you're" as in "you are" not "your." if anyone is the idiot here, it's you.