Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

MDMA and pills

En_warp

Bluelighter
If MDMA came in a powder form and was distrubuted and sold like this, instead of being sold in pills with brand name logos, do u think as many people would do it?

i think that MDMA being in pills has no affect on my usage but i know alot of people who simply would have never done it if it came in powder form.

what are your opinions on this?

Of course.

You can mdma in powder if you look hard enough (as En_ward said).

I tend to agree with the suggestion that less people would use E if it only came in a powder form. While the majority of people on this site would say they prefer powder i imagine (powder is not neccessrily pure mind you), I have found there to be an assumption amongst uneducated users (read: teenagers) that taking a pill if safer than snorting some strange while powder... why? 'Cuz its a pill', people actually believe that the fact pills are pills means there is less likely to be bad shit in it.

^ I tend to agree, pills are so cute and publically presentable... compared to powders and potions. And, while it's possibly true that being in pill form means there's less likely to be tampering with the contents between source and end-user, that just makes the bunk ones harder to spot.

If it was all powder, then it could be jumped on every time it changed hands all the way down the supply chain, like speed is, leading to you paying for a half gram bag that would get you high once, for 2-3 hours... because it's cut so heavily you hardly get off the ground with a 'normal' sized dose.

BigTrancer :)

In the early days of MDMA, the media frequently described it as being a drug that people who never take rec drugs could take. Undoubtedly this was meant to pertain to its emphathic qualities, but mention was often made to its form - a tablet - and how this was acceptable to a generation removed from the idea of smoking a reefer, shooting up a hit, or snorting a line. Middle class america could do this drug ;)

Personally I'd much prefer powder. One thing not mentioned so far is that often MDMA "powder" is actually in a crystal form, like crystal meth, which is far harder to cut that fluffy white powder. i would rather have this than a mystery pill.

yeh what phase dancer said. i think there is certain stigma associated with other forms of drug administration (plugging anyone? :)), that aren't linked with pill usage. the actual effects of the drug are also quite attractive and there is a certain amount of "romance" in taking ecstacy. not to mention the physical attributes of dealing with a powdered substance (harder to conceal well, snorting lines in public, ease of adulteration etc) which would have contributed negatively the spread of use.

i think personally if MDMA was primarily a power based drug, it wouldnt have taken off in popularity quite the way it has in the last 20 years.

i remember a friend that wanted "speedy" pills and i explained to him that it is healthier to get straight speed (which was good quality), due to all the shit that is put into a 300mg pill that prob contains around 100mg of speed.

But he insisted on getting the pills because it was "less druggie" than having a powder form of drug

Yeah I agree with villz. Popping a pill is alot easier to do at a club or rave than snorting lines.
One time my friends and I had this "great" idea that we would store our drugs in a straw sealed up sort of like a pixi stick to make it quicker and easier to snort - well lets just say it didnt work. 8)
I think i will leave the pills for raving and the powders for house parties and the like.