Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

DXM in NZ

puss

Bluelighter
Hi, I live in New Zealand and I'm looking into taking DXM. I've read up on information at erowid but was just wondering if there's any New Zealanders who use it.

Should I just use Robotussin DX and can u get it in New Zealand chemists and should I swalow it straight, extract it with agent lemon process or mix it with something?

In my opinion, drinking the Robitussin DX syrup is always sufficient to deliver a measurable DXM dose. Unless you have a hypersensitivity to glucose or any of the other components of the delicious cherry syrup, the concentration of DXM is high enough that you needn't worry about doing an extraction. The difficulty with extraction is that you may not be sure of the purity of your end product, making accurate dosing difficult.

Personally, I prefer the effects of the first plateau, which for me is usually around the Robitussin 50mL (or 150mg DXM) mark. Usually by around 80-100mL I notice strong double-vision which tends to be a hallmark the second plateau. Some people prefer higher dose effects, which can be good when you're in a safe place.

I can't say for certain about NZ pharmacies, but in Australia the product is generally available over the counter.

BigTrancer :)

The robitusson that I have at home is ex. Wondering What the difference is between Robitusson DX and Robitusson Ex thanks!!

Robitussin Active Chemicals

Robitussin EX: Each 10 mL contains: Guaiphenesin 200 mg; Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide 30 mg.

Robitussin DX: Each 10 mL contains: Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide 30 mg.

Robitussin ME: Each 10 mL contains: Guaiphenesin 200 mg, Bromhexine Hydrochloride 8 mg.

Robitussin DM: Each 10 mL contains: Guaiphenesin 200 mg; Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide 30 mg.

NB: Any of the syrups containing Guaiphenesin will give you serious diarrhea if you take a sufficient dose to get a DXM trip. Avoid at all costs. They're excellent cough mixtures but being on any dose of DXM while having an unstable stomach isn't pleasant. Only use DX.

Cough syrups containing pseudoephedrine like Robitussin PS will add a somewhat unpleasant speedy, edgy dirty character to the experience. Avoid those too. Only use DX.

BigTrancer :)

A bit late... but DX is readily available in any NZ pharmacy, although the attendant will virtually always try and shy you away from it.

i think theres no reason not to try and extract it, its pretty easy and dare i say... fun. i get alot more personal satisfaction out of drinking my own 'home brew' than chugging down cough syrup, plus it seems to aleviate someof the annoying things like nausea and itching...

i puked hard on robitussin DX once, and cant even smell it without gagging anymore, so maybe its all in my head that the trip is 'cleaner' with agent lemon, but hey whatever works :D

plus it seems to aleviate someof the annoying things like nausea and itching
your suggesting that the inactive agents in cough syrup is what causes you nausea and itching? sounds like placebo to me..