Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

mdma (amongst others) and the truth

onetwothreefour

Bluelight Crew
firstly, mods, feel free to move this if you think it's better suited elsewhere - i realise it's not a discussion of the drug *itself,* but i still figured this might be the best forum...

in another post...somewhere...someone brought up an interesting point - is what we say when we've taken pills, or meth, or g, or whatever, the truth, or just a product of our mood at the time, and the drugs lowering our inhibitions.

imho, i feel that the drugs just lower our inhibitions enough to be (nearly) one-hundred percent truthful, and with zero embarassment. thinking back to all the stupid shit that i've said to my friends on those nights, none of it actually strikes me as being *untrue,* i'm just saying stuff that i wouldn't normally have the guts (or be bothered) to.

thoughts...?

i've had this topic come up before with others.....

firstly, i don't know if i agree with any idea of THE truth, as if there is ever only one truth (i'm more in the multiple versions of reality camp)

basically i don't view my emotions or thoughts etc while i'm on drugs as any more "real" or "authentic" than when i'm not. i don't necessarily see them as fake either. they are just me but me on mind altering substances (that may sound like i'm stating the obvious but i'm not sure how else to express it)...... set and setting will always come into play as well

i disagree that drugs lower our inhibitions to allow us to be 100% truthful. perhaps a better expression would be that certain drugs allow us to feel comfortable enough to express our thoughts etc at that time. for example, i might "really really love you" and that is the "truth" of how i feel at that point in time, but it does not necessarily mean it is "the" truth.... er, make sense?

perhaps expectations for the drug come into play as well - thoughts anyone?

okies, enough ramble from me,
bk:)

ps no more rude comments about my avatar 1234 or i will make vurt hurt you ;)

i've thought about this alot latley , and i think that the drugs give us the confidence and less-embarassment to express our true feeling's and emotions , ive said some pretty fucked up shit whilst on E good and bad that i dont think i could ever say or express if i was sober or evan drunk/stoned.

like someone pointed out in a thread i started llast week "thoes feelings are in you to begin with , the drugs just help you get them out"

My 2c
Smoked Ice properly for the first time this weekend.
Asked a mate his life story.
He has told this story to a few friends and told me it usually takes 40 minutes, it took near 9 hours, now I probly am his closest mate but On this stuff I think he could just remember every detail, including some stuff that even spun him out.

But I agree pretty much any drug im on will make me tell anything im asked even by people you only met that night.

I like it!!!:)

^^^^Your right in a sense, but sometimes it's the drugs that make you feel or act in a certian way, and because your on the drugs you have the confidence to say and do how you feel.

How you feel and what you do is the "truth" when your high,to a certain degree, but sometimes your like that cause thats where the substance has taken you.

Sure, hell yeah, whatever, OK.

Firstly, I'm gunna dig out some ancient greek here, so if that's boring stop reading here.

Truth originally meant something like 'unhiddenness' (Greek=alethiea). In the process of 'knowing the truth' there are two players: they who know and that which is known. To begin with, truth was a property of that which is known in the sense that without this unhiddenness it cannot come to be known. In this sense, mdma seems to deal out 'the truth' quite liberally.

In later stages of philosophy truth came to represent the value of the relationship between that which is known and they who come to know it. Thus, everyone has their own 'version of the truth'. Or as some would say, 'everyone has their own reality.

Personally I believe in a single reality, in the sense of cosmic unity, but that's getting a bit irrelevant.

The point is that when 'telling the truth' in the sense of 'telling your truth' , what comes to the fore is the unhiddenness. You can tell someone everything you know about something, and tell them your honest truth. Whether or not it is 'the truth', well, that's what were still trying to figure out, and probably always will be.
For my 2c, mdma seems to make me concentrate harder on 'my truth', and this makes me realise that it's all I've got to say...... Except for crapping on and on about how much last years party was sooo much better and how the kids are getting younger and how I'm not jaded unless everyone else is jaded and where are all my friends and I hope I'm not boring you......