Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Storing Ice

slu2345

Bluelighter
Got told last night that if you want ice to last then you have to keep it in the fridge or it will dissolve...

does anyone know if this is true or not and if so how long will it last in the cupboard before going...

thanx

Meth is pretty hygroscopic, meaning it will absorb moisture from the air. Keep it in an airtight bag in a dry cool place, with a dessicant sachet, like from a bottle of vitamins. That should keep the moisture out and leave your crystals healthy for a few weeks.

BigTrancer :)

Thanx for the info

Lucky mum had some vitamins in the cupboard with a sachet inside.. good on ya mum..hehe

I dont know about the fridge thing. It realy pervades through meth subculture!!! I have been told about busts were the cops go straight for the fridge. As many dealers also seem to believe the old fridge myth. In my opinion its probly in thier best interests as being in the fridge would possible make the meth absorb some moisture hence weighing more without actualy cutting it.......

But in my personal experience a bit off meth will last for many months if simply put in a baggie and thrown in an empty medicine bottle (still containing the silica gell). As with most drugs try to avoid light and heat as much as possible to.

i just keep mine in a baggy in my illegalities box under my desk,
whenever i get it out is still good as it was to start with.
=D

mongman said:

But in my personal experience a bit off meth will last for many months if simply put in a baggie and thrown in an empty medicine bottle (still containing the silica gell). As with most drugs try to avoid light and heat as much as possible to.

yeah this is what I did, back into empty vitamin container. thanx for that, not so worried now.

cheers

what's ice??

;)

there was quite a good thread about this ermm....years ago where airwalk conducted an experiment (in the interest of science of course!!) and left a baggie of meth on a windowsill in sunlight for several months, and it made no difference.

someone more adept at mastering the beast that is searching the archives might be able to find it??

yes your probly correct!! I just like to be carefull with my drugs. Think about dex scripts do they keep them in the fridge (i think not). But they do keep them dry......

i know someone who has stored crystal meth in a baggie for around 18 months and its still fine...

Keep it in a dry cold dark place...

And PLEASE for the love of god can we call it by its proper name, METH??

*sigh*

Blasted urban myths.

We have been told time and time again how stable MDMA-HCl is. Now whilst i have no data to back me up, an examination of the structure of Meth-HCl would lead me to believe it is MORE stable than MDMA. Yes it is more hygroscopic but that issue is easily avoided.

IMO it will keep for a long long time - if its in its "ice/rock" form likely even longer as its far purer and more dry to begin with. Provided it is stored as stated above, in a sealed, dry container out of light it will probably still be just as active by the time u have a spouse, mortgage and kids. :p

The freezer urban myth has originated imo due to the "paste" style stuff larger DDs generally get when they are not getting "ice as in meth".
You know the type, very pastey, clumpy, sticky etc.
This generally is stored in the freezer because it is so full of moisture and solvents. By freezing it the water and solvents freeze also and the stuff is far more manageable and crystalline looking - leave it out for any length of time and it begins to go sticky and gluggy again as the liquid components melt - nothing is happening to the meth.
(of course anyone with half a brain would know drying the meth overnight spread out over a plate, with a bowl as a cover will get rid of this, and then allow it to be stored as you would normally do without the need for any freezing)

I don't know where the myth of meth being very hygroscopic came from... Its not. Its very soluable in water and perhaps mildly hygroscopic but not nearly enough so to justify taking any measures to keep moisture from the atmosphere away from it. I've seen meth shards lying around for ages completelly dry.

The meth in freezer, melting shit etc. comes from a little know cutting agent called Niacinamide (Vit B12) which is sometimes used. Its melting point is somewhere around 25-30 C and it will turn into goo past that.

Also, as mentioned above by Biscuit, the initially pasty meth which resulted from a poor synth or gaaked up starting material will become more solid in cold temps due to waxes and something called polyethelene glycols hardening. Solvents freeze at around -70C so they have nothing to do with it, water freezes at 0C so if meth is taken out of the freezer, any water would shortly melt, so its not water either hardening pasty meth upon cooling.