Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Looking for new studies or treatment options to recover from severe MDMA damage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catch-22

Bluelighter
I am posting this on behalf of the Translation Team (excuse any spelling or syntax errors, the extra emphasis is mine):

Im tired of reading cases in this same forum about
people complaining of undesireable side effects
because they are MDMA consumers. This moment, as is to
be expected, varies between people but it usually
arrives. Be it from an abusive period, or for a day of
overdosing like my case simptoms occur such as major
depression, depersonalization, anxiety attacks,
anxiety, short and long term memory problems,
difficulty to tell stories, non-fluid thoughts, sleep
disorders and blood shot eyes.

Now, whoever is responsible for these simptoms, be
they biochemical disadjustments, axon oxidation or
psychological issues, the mayority of formal studies
and the experience that my mental disease and
experiences like mine have suggested that side
effects, even if they are not as strong as the early
simptoms are persistent for years and very probably
irreversible. Three aquaintances of mine suffer from
depression, low stress management levels, impulsivity
and a shattered memory 2 or 3 years after hitting rock
bottom.

I dont know of any case where total recuperation is
clear, or any formal studie that even slightly
attributes the possibility of a full recuperation of
the afflicted functions.

No formal studie presents data that contradicts the
permanence of these effects, they simply limit
themselves to doubting the inevitably flawed evidence.
I also dont know of the existance of any treatment
that aims for total recuperation
, I think that what
doesnt happen with the passage of time in an MDMA
induced depression, doesnt happen with an SSRI either.
With this horizon, my only option is to wait the
development of some drug and/or surgery that makes the
recuperation of my cognitive capabilities possible
since without it I dont feel like a full person, I
feel handicapped[....] As if a god was involved, I
feel obligated in having faith in his words to not
sink deeper even though I know he can have invented
his stories with some repulsive mean, but when reason
overcomes faith, I dont see a way out.

Can someone teach me something I dont know? It would
give me hope to be happy.

So this person is looking for things like new studies or experimental treatment programs. Anything that could help him overcome the disabling effects he is feeling. Who has useful information?

I know I am asking for something that almost certainly doesn't exist, but it doesn't hurt to try. Anyone have anything to add?

100% complete and utter belief in themselves and their confidence. Along with this - exercise extremely hard and push yourself, and I mean really push yourself to the limit.

-Sounds like a bit of a wank off I know, but I believe this sort of raises the baseline a little and gives you a higher esteem and self-confidence level to work from and also fall back and land on.

Long Term Ecstasy Users Don’t Have Brain Damage
Posted: Saturday, May 31, 2003
Courtesy of Jonty Adderley @ http://www.skrufff.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Government backed scientists in Germany published new research this week, which failed to find any significant or lasting harm to the brains of heavy ecstasy users.

While the study of past and present heavy users (who averaged 827 and 793 pills respectively) uncovered tiny differences in SERT densities (relating to potential seratonin damage) between current and non-users, the differences disappeared altogether when former heavy users were compared to non users.

“These results were particularly interesting in that they dramatically contradict an American study done by George Ricuarte (funded by the US government) which used similar brain scan techniques and ecstasy users with a similar level of lifetime use, but which claimed to have found massive (as much as 90%) loss of SERT,” said an editorial in the hugely prestigious Journal of Nuclear Medicine.

“This huge discrepancy is both unexplained and troubling, as Ricuarte's claims were used both to justify outlawing ecstasy in the US and as justification for sentencing increases,” the journal added.

http://jnm.snmjournals.org/cgi/content/full/44/3/375

this is all i have to add......

I suspect the study conducted in the States could have had only one possible outcome. Either way, the German study is good news!

Yes this is good news, but its important the message is not misinterpreted. It does not say MDMA isn't neurotoxic. It does suggest Ricuarte's monkey's are different to people and that some conclusions regarding long term damage - drawn from PET based assessment of 5HT receptors etc - need to be re-examined

Conclusion: Our findings further support the hypothesis of ecstasy-induced protracted alterations of the SERT. In addition, they might indicate reversibility of the availability of SERT as measured by PET. However, this does not imply full reversibility of the neurotoxic effects.

It's encouraging to think another myth may be debunked, but there needs to be follow-up tests so lets not be telling anyone yet that MDMA is safe. There's no disputing MDMA does in the short term, affect levels of tryptophan and it's hydroylase, 5HT transporter molecules, and serotonin itself.

Thank you for these helpful answers!

(closed, translation team needs to respond to person who asked question)

Status
Not open for further replies.