Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film Twin Peaks

I tend to agree that the X-Files ripped Twin Peaks off quite a bit now that I've seen TP...but I have to admit that there were quite a few seasons of the X-Files that I really enjoyed (early on, of course...the last few seasons were garbage). There's only one David Lynch...so what can you really expect?

Is the first episode when they find the dead girl and the introduce the strange FBI agent?

I'm downloading all the episodes but i don't want to start in the middle of the seriese.

Yep, that's right. But actually, I think it's the second episode, technically. There's a two hour pilot, so you may want to look for that too.

And, Big Boy, you'd probably be better off renting them. Hollywood Video has them for $1 per tape.

mulholland drive was supposed to be a series at first, that was lynch's plan. but whoever put the money in it eventually asked for a movie instead.

http://www.twinpeaksfest.com/

Twin Peaks first came out when I was about 6... I watched it with my mum than. Maybe that's why I'm such a fanatic now. I save my Tweede's Cafe (r&r diner) pen and matches like they are sacred artifacts. God I'm a dork.

once they said who killed laura palmer, everything went horribly downhill.

*however, the episode when agent cooper and harry s truman go on a starsky & hutch like inflitration of a oriental decorated mansion remains one of the greatest things ive ever seen.

KidChameleon said:
once they said who killed laura palmer, everything went horribly downhill.

once they said who killed laura palmer, everything went quite weird, wonderful and brilliantly lynch :)

alasdair

Pilot + Season One DVD Package

Last week I received my order of the import DVD of the Pilot along with the regular domestic box set of Season One. Amazon is packaging them together for $60 (with delivery). For some wacky legal reason the pilot is only available via Japanese import whereas the box sets of seasons 1 & 2 are available domestically.

Anyhow the resolution on the pilot disc is just OK & the sound is muddy in some parts, but otherwise its great to have & makes you really appreciate the remastering job that was done once you get to the season one box set. I'm pretty sure that Season one ends with the resolution to Laura Palmer's murder which is about all I really want.

^^

You're in for disappointment. Season 1 is only seven episodes and Cooper doesn't resolve Laura's murder until episode 17 (and my god what an episode that was). I've been renting the VHS tapes in order to complete the series as Seasons 2 and 3 aren't available for purchase on DVD. I did however get the imported pilot which was very good, although the menu was pretty janky.

I hear Season 2 is slated for domestic release on DVD next year.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jeez! It always seems that the fans of this show get crapped on, doesn't it! First ABC moved the show around a few times so it was hard to find, then Bravo ran it severly edited (!) & now the rest of the series is elusive to DVD hounds. I checked Artisan's website & there are no plans to release anything other than what they have. If they were planning any release in the near future it would be on their site (they're already hyping things that are out on 2004).

Yeah, it's bullshit. And it looks even worse...

From the Twin Peaks Gazette:

As some of you may know, the Seattle Times had a blurb recently indicating that Artisan had lost their rights to Twin Peaks Season 2. I don't know about the exact contractual issues going on with season 2 or when the series will be out on DVD, but I have been told that the paper is wrong. I'm still digging around to see if I can find more information on what is going on.

So, apparently Season 2 being released on DVD at all is up in the air. According to the Seattle Times (link available from the website above) Artisan doesn't even know who posesses the rights to the show.

Finder said:
Artisan doesn't even know who posesses the rights to the show.

i bet if we started selling bootleg VCDs of the show, we'd soon find out :)

alasdair

^^

Heh...I'm sure you're right. It royally pisses me off that such a great show is being kept down due to red tape. There are tons of people who are missing out on this show and never got a chance to see it the first time around because they were too young.

So I just finished the last episode tonight...

David Lynch is a bastard.

yep - but a wonderful, talented bastard.

when i saw the last episode first time i thought "how the fuck could he do that to us" then i realised that it was, to some extent, a ballsy move. after hours and hours and hours of amazing entertainment, i'm not going to complain about the last 30 seconds :)

did you enjoy the appearance by a certain x-filer? :)

alasdair

Aw yeah! X-Filer's in drag makes my day!

We have the entire Twin Peaks collection on VHS - they have been watched so many times that the quality of the tapes is really going downhill. Too bad about the DVDs :(

I enjoyed the last episode quite a bit. I'm sure he knew he was getting canceled, so he tried to tie up some loose ends. He could have kept the show going and if the show would have continued, I doubt he would've given away the newest BOB infectee so quickly. It's a shame really, I bet the new BOB would've made for some very interesting shit. Scary.

After seeing the post-Laura Palmer muder episodes, I definitely see how the X-Files is a Twin peaks ripoff (but, hey, I still enjoyed it). And seeing a character form the X-Files in Twin Peaks was fuckin' classic. :D

PS. How's Annie? How's Annie? How's Annie? How's Annie? How's Annie? How's Annie? How's Annie? How's Annie? How's Annie? How's Annie? How's Annie? How's Annie? How's Annie?

Bumping for RadarLove...if I remember right he was a fan of the show. :D

Finder, you're a God among men. =)

For those of you out there who are interested and talking about how X-Files ripped off Twin Peaks, I have some interesting info for you. Twin Peaks, as we all know, was filmed in Washington State. The X-Files was filmed in Vancouver, and both series used the same pools of actors. Heres a list of who's appeared in both series:

David Duchovny (the most obvious) as Fox Mulder in XF, and Agent Denise/Dennis Bryson in TP

Claire Stransfield as the Jersey Devil in the episode "Jersey Devil" in XF, and as Sid the law clerk in TP

Jan D'arcy as the judge in "Squeeze", and as Sylvia Thorne in TP

Micheal Horse as Officer Tsanky in "Shapes", and as Deputy Hawk on TP

Michael Anderson as Mr. Nutt in "Humbug" (my fav XF episode), and as the Man From Another Place (my fav character in TP) =)

Don Davis as Captain William Scully (Dana Scully's dad), and as Major Briggs in TP (what's with him in millitary roles?)

Francis Bay as Dorothy in the episode "Excelsius Dei" and as Mrs. Tremmond in TP...and oh yeah, she was also Happy Gilmore's grandma =P

Kenneth Welsh as Simon Gates in "Revelations", and as Windom Earle in TP...i also think he was on BtVS

And Richard Beymer played Ben Horne on TP, but I don't remember who he played in the XF episode "Sanguinarium".

Don't even get me started on the David Lynch movie crossover list.

I have a wealth of other interesting Twin Peaks info, if anyone's interested, like "Why the hell do we keep seeing traffic lights and what do they mean?"