Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

suggestion for pillreports

villz

Bluelighter
Just browsing through pillreports and it struck me that lately more and more people have been posting absolute bullshit in the comments section. Stuff like "had 4 pills 2 hours previously but this pill is shit didnt do anything to me" and "yeh very cokey pill but i could feel some heroin mixed with lsd in there so yeh they're very shit dont buy them". I have noticed this trend on bluelight recently, although i'm sure that it existed long before i joined. What worries me, especially with the popularity of pillreports, is that people read these comment, and take them as fact. I'm sure the percentage of people who just check pillreports cause some dude at a club told them about it, and don't bother to read bluelight or erowid or lycaeum etc etc is very high, because lets be honest, who can be fucked researching drugs on the internet?(except for the bored, the lonely, the curious and the stoners :)) It still amazes me the amount of people i meet that speak quite obvious shit about drug (just read some of the threads in bluelight recently!). I don't hold anything against these people cause there was a time for everyone, especially when they are new to the scene, where they dont know much information, or only know what other equally mis-informed people tell them.

Anyway, my point is:
Maybe on the Index page, or the pill listing index, in BIG BOLD LETTERS so everyone can see it, would be a basic overview or FAQ (or link to) regardling well known knowledge such as "there is VERY RARELY heroin or coke in pills", "Taking other drugs or alchohol does not give you an accurate indication of what a pill does, so please do not post information in here unless absolutely necessary" and the like. Or possibly, first time visitors get taken to the FAQ page, to read before posting, with a cookie storing whether they've read it yet or not. Could possibly be difficult to implement well.... but I'm sick of reading about/talking to people that try to tell me that its the strychnine in pills that makes you all lovey and euphoric or that they can taste the difference between good and bad LSD. And i'm sure it CAN'T be good for a harm minimization point of view when their friends continue to propogate such shite to other people.

Thoughts/comments?

i agree...when the posting guidelines were made more bold, the posts on bluelight got a whole lot more sensible... (and whos idea was that *bats eyes and flexes)

Most of my friends have lost any faith they did have in pill reports, its almost as if every bikie in australia at the moment is an 8 (rofl)

I agree with what has been said however...

when i was regularly posting or reading pillreports, I would only read posts by posters whom I had become familiar with. After a while you soon work out whose all talk and who has their finger on the trigger, especially when most posters also post on bluelight under the same user name.

I wouldnt lose hope for pillreports entirely. I would just be more selective about whose posts i read.

g=D =D gster

yeh its a good point, and i do recognise some of the more knowledgable posters, but ignoring the comments from users that have no idea doesnt stop those users having the same incorrect opinions, and more than likely they pass on their knowledge to other equally misinformed people.

basically my suggestion was just so that these people be coerced (or possibly forced) to read some sort of mini-faq before posting, so at least they have SOME basic idea about fact and fiction, and can post accurate reports on pills. i dont expect everyone out there to be a walking encylopedia on drugs (like p_d etc :)), it would just be a small step in helping to stop the cycle of misinformation that gets passed around.

all i can say is we have lots of idea for a new system for pillreports.com. this being said the people who will most likely code it have other things to do at the moment and we can only wait until they can code it.

dont believe everything you read on pillreports, determining truthful information is a skill and generally its best to only use pillreports as a secondary source of information coupled with your own reagent tests. people are always going to lie on places like this were drugs and money are involved, so believe reports when there are numerous others backing it, and determine which users you can trust.

Cowboy Mac said:
dont believe everything you read on pillreports, determining truthful information is a skill and generally its best to only use pillreports as a secondary source of information coupled with your own reagent tests. people are always going to lie on places like this were drugs and money are involved, so believe reports when there are numerous others backing it, and determine which users you can trust.

i understand this, and i dont have a problem with identifying bullshit posts (and I'm sure most other BL'ers dont either), but i was just trying to say that there is a large proportion of people out there (in all probability quite larger than the knowledgable posters population) of people who can't distinguish between good/bad posts and good/bad information. these are the people that just come on pillreports briefly on a saturday night around 6pm, check the pills they just brought before an event, discover that they're described by some random as "coke-based" or "ketamine-based" and who then regurgitate this information at said event or the next day, who's friends regurgitate that information chinese whispers style to their friends repeat ad nauseum.

Now i dont want to get into a "cokey/smacky descriptions" debate, as there has been heaps of them and i agree with what most people have said. I'm talking about misinformation in a far more general way, and that for a site with as many casual, one-time surfers as pillreports undoubtedly gets, it could be a good idea to force people to read some general FAQ before searching for pills/posting comments.

After saying all that, i think you guys are doing a great job moderating/maintaining pillreports and i respect your volunteered efforts greatly!

ps. 100 posts up! :D :D

Pillreports gives you an idea (albeit sometimes a vague one) of how strong a pill is RELATIVE to what else is floating aorund around. the primary problem i see is that there is so much subjectivity between people and their reactions to the drug. what will make one person peak for two hours may not affect an other person tin the same way. but most importantly it publicises bunk pills. i think it serves its purpose in these respects:)

Timmmmmy said:
Pillreports gives you an idea (albeit sometimes a vague one) of how strong a pill is RELATIVE to what else is floating aorund around. the primary problem i see is that there is so much subjectivity between people and their reactions to the drug. what will make one person peak for two hours may not affect an other person tin the same way. but most importantly it publicises bunk pills. i think it serves its purpose in these respects:)
Agreed - I would rather see a good pill get a bum rap, than a bad pill get labelled as "Best Roll Evah!!11!" when its full of all kinds of nasty shit. Its about harm minimisation, while its nice to have some sort of indication of how GOOD a pill is, the real purpose of it is to say how BAD it is, i.e. if it has dangerous/non-ecstasy adulterants.

I think a strict policy of setting out rigid guidelines and deleting all reports that don't adhere to them would do wonders.

If I read one more report about what club some dickhead went to and how great the music was (and no info about the actual pill) I am going to fucking scream.

eg.
"I went to HK and dropped and the music was wicked and DJ who-ever-the-fuck played a mad set and then we all went to my house and smoked cones, 9/10"

Its about harm minimisation, while its nice to have some sort of indication of how GOOD a pill is, the real purpose of it is to say how BAD it is, i.e. if it has dangerous/non-ecstasy adulterants.

WORD

The main focus of pillreports is to find non-ecstasy(mdxx)/dangerous pills. Hence ketamine, speed pills always get 1. For all the people who try to use it for strength of mdxx, it's hard as it's not a discussion board. So use bluelight to discuss drug use and pillreports to post your idea of what a pill was like. Remember set and setting can play a big part so some average pill to a person can be mind blowing to another..

SteveElektro said:
eg.
"I went to HK and dropped and the music was wicked and DJ who-ever-the-fuck played a mad set and then we all went to my house and smoked cones, 9/10"

haha

It's wonderful to see some questions, points of view, opinions and responses on this actual topic.

The enlightened scripts of those above highlight the effectiveness of Bluelight as a forum of discussion.

A good place to be.

I have been using pillreports and blue light for about a month ( sounds like I'm talking about a drug) I am only just familiar with the system but I've already avoided a few duds and due to the wealth of knowledge on bluelight my dick has grown substantially!

Even when people personally tell me how good some pills are I still like to check them out for myself and my opinions are often different. You will never get a uniform rating for all pills from people but you can still see when really good pills are around, providing they are in quantity.

It's best when there is a photo but dimensions and other little details also really help. If you look at the comments sometimes a moderator will say something and you can put a lot more confidence in what they say. Researching posters history helps tell who from who.

You can't standardise the comments but perhaps you could create more fields for information that often used in the comments.