Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: The Age 03 Jun 03: Hay fever pills a headache

BigTrancer

Bluelight Crew
Hay fever pills a headache
June 3 2003
By Dan Silkstone

Christine Tania Albert, 38, sent her daughter to the pharmacy for some hay fever tablets. Then she sent her again and again.

Over four days in July 2002, Albert and her daughter Serena Michelle, then 19, visited pharmacies across Melbourne, Geelong and Frankston, buying 325 boxes of Telfast, a drug high in pseudoephedrine, which can be used to make methylamphetamines, or speed.

The trip produced a haul of 3263 tablets that Christine Albert planned to sell to an acquaintance in Sydney. She expected to receive about $20 a box as well as her expenses.

The pair from Bexley, NSW, had flown from Sydney to Melbourne on July 1 for a buying trip that prosecutor Carolene Gwynn said was "organised, systematic and purposeful".

They hired a car, checked into a city hotel and began trawling dozens of pharmacies.

Defence barrister Yusuf Zaman said his clients were unsophisticated, first-time offenders who had been seduced by the lure of easy money. "In one spell of weakness they have blotted their copy book," he said.

The pair were caught at Melbourne Airport after several pharmacies reported suspicious behaviour.

They had made little attempt to disguise their identity, even providing ID cards to buy the drug in some stores.

Judge Jennifer Coate will sentence Christine and Serena Albert on Friday. Both pleaded guilty to one charge of trafficking in a prohibited drug.

From: http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/06/02/1054406136462.html

BigTrancer :)

Wow! I am so pleasantly suprised. I live in Bexley also!

I am so happy I have idiots for neighbours. Long live the shire!