Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Meth has brown bits

Psychadelic_Paisly

Bluelighter
I just got a point of meth (which my mate keeps telling me is ice/shabu :p) has got these little bits of brown specks in it. it's the same source i usually get it off and it hasn't had the brown speks before. i just snorted 1/2 a point and it's kicking in quite nicely.
so do you think it is just something the DD has cut it with or coupld it be something indicating purity or even a little bit of un purified meth. i've read in another post that brown MDMA crystals are representative of non-purified MDMA. could this also be related to meth. it is 95-99% white with around 5% brown specks. thanks guys!

Im no mod but don't recomend you say you know dealers this is a public place!!

It could be absolutely anything - rock meth, crap meth, kitty litter, snot, who knows... brown specks are not all created equal!

BigTrancer :)

my advice is to seperate the brown bits as much as possible to give you an amount you are able to test with a reagent. if there is no reaction it is most likely something used to cut it with.

Thanks guys. there the type of responses i expected. i might try to get the tested for the entertainment value of it (it's still a pretty low value though). but i'm not really fussed at all. just curious. drug makers hey...i wonder if the go to the pub after a nice meth making session and go up to their mates and have a nice little laugh about what they put in there batch to cut it down....hmmm...the mind boggles.

"hey man, i mixed it up with dog shit!"
"No Way! i mixed mine with cat shit!!!!"
"Dood! We're like...the same person or something!!!"

catch ya.

Hehe, i am not sure about an amphetamine "guru"; maybe the chemistry of amphetamines guru might be a bit better.

I am after all one of the people who has advocated the use of dexamphetamines over the last few years, much to my fellow Bluelighters' disgust! ;)
In any event Shulgin deserves guru status, im a hack in comparison.

Cowboy Mac is right - it could be a lot of things, but i think it depends on what you are starting with. You said ice/shabu? that indicates to me the brown bits could be:

Impurities - unlikely for proper "ice as in meth".

Dirt - the dealer is clumsy - he dropped it on the floor, scooped it back in bag with crumbs, dirt etc.

Meth itself - from an alternate source. I.E: the DD decided to mix his very good "ice" in with poorly produced "speed" (brown) to get rid of it - hence brown bits in white powder.

HOWEVER if its not "ice" at all then it could actually be that the brown bits are the potent parts.

Generally "base" or the paste style methamphetamine in all its impure, messy, glory is always beige to brown. Its UGLY - the less cut down it is, the browner it is - it also has the tendency to clump together. So in the reverse of the "ice" example, u have the brown bits as the meth thats still clumped and the whiter bits cutting agent like glucose mixed with some of the meth.

Of course from what you describe the 2nd and 3rd examples are likely; real decent ice would not have any VISUAL impurities like you describe. (but have u got real decent "ice" - who knows)

Thus my conclusion is mixed in less pure meth the DD had lying around, or dirt-style impurities that have accumulated FOLLOWING synthesis.
Additionally no DD is dumb enough to intentionally add inert impurities that is brown to something that in its concentrated form (ice) is white. If you are going to cut down "ice" you cut it down with something WHITE!
(oh is the sample you have in powder or rock/"ice" form? that may help)

I just realised i havent really answered the question just discussed the innumerable possibilities.
as i said, a hack. :)

Last edited:
To add to what Biscuit has said, on the topic of base, i'm sure that there are cases of base being out on the street, but it is my strong opinion that 99% of reported "base" is actually the gluggy variety badly cooked brown meth. I've seen heaps of it around. What leads me to believe in the above is
a. I've seen every brown oily stuff being injected indicating it is water soluable. ie. not base
b. There is usually at least some kind of crystalisation in the brown goo/oil/paste where is meth base cannot be crystalised under room temperature. ie. not base either

Aah, my mistake...i did not mean the FREEBASE - as in the water insoluble form of methamphetamine produced and extracted initially during synthesis.

I was using "base" as it is used as a street slang word - its a very common term in England to described speed "straight" from the cook.
Just the other week I criticised the use of street terms, which is hypocritical to say the least, so i apologise.

I basically meant the beige-brown "uncut" pastey style meth that most dealers must keep in their freezer (as its so filled with moisture and solvents). That is often brown as i said, and a lot will clump together when it is cut down if the DD does not spend a lot of time on it.

Freebase is another thing entirely and i very much doubt will be seen by anyone but a handle of people - and besides its not much good to anyone except to swallow whereby it hits the hydrochloric acid in your stomach and turns into methamphetamine-H+/CL- anyhow. (a similar process that the manufacturer will undertake to make the powder form)!

It is a powder with small crystals in it. i'm guess it's quite uncut compared to usual 'street' quality. and yes, it does kinda look like burnt sugar...is that a good thing?

nah, nothing special, just burnt sugar.
commonly known of in the trade as toffee.

this sounds like very heavy cut speed to me, not meth, i always thought that meth is usually clear in appearance and comes in a crystal shard form.

i always thought that meth is usually clear in appearance and comes in a crystal shard form.

Well made, and correctly purified meth, or meth cut with other substances that still permit good crystallisation maybe, but not the crude product often seen from the 'amateur' reduction of pseudoephedrine. Like impure base, brown is often the colour of impure meth.

So it doesn't necessarily need a cut to give it a brown appearance. Afterall, we are talking about a process that's been described as being so easy, that even fucking it up can result in ~ 50% meth. It's what the other 50% can be, that should be the main concern of users.

Last week there was a batch of 'Ice' going around in Perth. Nice shards, big, long poles.....and a few 1 every 400 shards was a light brown slight gold colour....no idea what it was but it smoked up the same...

Real ice is made through recrystalisation which pushes out the impurities.
Should be clear and not smell.

I bough some speed with brown rocks in it from a close freind and he said it was like that because something went wrong in the chemical reaction when it was made it was a gooey past with brown rocks in it

gooey

Reaction and Recrystalization is different.

We're talking about so called 'Ice'/'Shabu' not gooey.
*edit* ice/shabu is NOT a powder. It should be clear and look like a smashed car back window with maybe nice shardy poles.

Gooey will always be cheap and nasty and have alot of impurities in it

Last edited:
Golden bump ;)

Biscuit's our resident guru has been a bit quiet lately.