• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Dormosedan Oral Paste

Ketamania

Bluelight Crew
Howdy Y'all,

I'm curious what the effects would be of Dormosedan oral paste (detomidine hydrochloride). It's meant to be a horse sedative and comes in 3ml syringes (https://www.zoetisus.com/products/horses/dormosedan.aspx).

A farmer accidentally injected himself with a very minimal amount (>1ml) of the IV solution and was reported in a "euphoric" state (http://emj.bmj.com/content/22/7/524).

Is this something that could have possible recreational use?

No. His pulse was 44. Do alpha adrenic 2 agonists might have some reactional value at increasing the effects of some drugs and to reduce withdrawls but wiki lists the half life of 30 minutes.

Probably about as much fun as Clonidine. The whole issue of needing someone to standby with Atropine, the dosing issue (Simple dosing: 1 or 2 mL per 1,100 lbs horse IM or IV) and the fact there have only been a handful of known cases of human consumption (clever users would have been all over it by now, like with Ketamine, if it were good) would lead me to say a resounding No. It's not a recreational drug.

I expect it would have profound hypotensive effects, I've wanted to try this, and xylazine for ages now.

I find alpha2 agonists very pleasant myself, especially with opioids, but then again I'm wired up a bit weird, sensorily speaking, being autistic, its got one downside, the constant sensory overload makes my adrenal output go through the roof, i find clonidine and tizanidine supress it admirably. But at a cost, it takes me time to rise, if I've dosed high, if your don't, it can cause you to drop to the floor, legs just cut out under you, so I imagine a horse-potency alpha2 agonist to be pretty good at putting people flat on their arse.

How does one accidently inject themselves with horse tranquilizer?

The animal moved, reportedly, and the human subject was, according to his own testimony, injected in the hand with the small quantity present in the needle bore.

If it only took x picoliters from the needle to do that then dosing will be a bitch, or need some volumetric reduction. Still not seeing the appeal honestly.

Yeah, volumetric dilution would be mandatory.

I find alpha2 agonists to be really pleasant. And indeed, when I first got the script for it, I'd rail tizanidine and find it quite euphoric, almost nod-like, and I'd certainly class it as recreational use. Also, I enjoy it plugged or shot.

Doesn't Tizanidine have somewhat higher incidents of liver issues?

Tizanidine appears to be associated with asymptomatic, reversible elevations of aminotransferases, and both tizanidine and chlorzoxazone have been associated with rare cases of serious hepatotoxicity
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0004932/

Seems like Baclofen or Carisopradol would more enjoyable and without the orthostatic hypotension if muscle problems are the goal. But then some people get off on Diphenhydramine, so to each there own.

Now 3,6-propionylmorphine or moramides is something I could get behind.

Last edited:
What is the mechanism of action of this drug? I have read it is to sedation and anesthesia of horses. Is a very strong downer?

Is it an alpha 2 adrenergic agonist such as clonidine or tizanidine?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is very powerful as sedative? I ask it because is used to sleep horses. I would be worry if I would going to take it. What is the recreational value?

Well nothing listed in any literature says anything remotely recreational but LC seems to like it, though massive orthostatic hypotension doesn't seem fun as rising / standing after use might be...challenging.

Well nothing listed in any literature says anything remotely recreational but LC seems to like it, though massive orthostatic hypotension doesn't seem fun as rising / standing after use might be...challenging.

OK, thanks you

Sure. I just hope the OP doesn't take an interest in trying to experiment with something like this Detomidine, esp undiluted and designed for 1,100lb horses.

Thanks for all the insightful answers. I happen to have access to some and wondered if this was worth trying. However, apparently not! (But I do like alpha2 agonists)

Just thinking out loud here. I wonder if it would be nice or just plain stupid to mix it with opioids? Would this seem to make a trip more enjoyable or potentate anything?

Oh, and btw the dosing syringe does have measurements that go down to 1/4mL (which then I can split to 1/8th of a mL).

You'd need to take an insulin syringe and measure out a very small, precisely known amount, and work up from micrograms until you find the right dose.

Personally I just love alpha2 adrenoreceptor agonists, I'd DEFINITELY jump on it, or on xylazine (a rhino tranq of similar nature) if I ever get the chance.

Although DO be lying down when taking it, and take TINY, volumetrically diluted quantities, work up from an inactive level until you find your dosage. Don't keep an open container of the substance around, because when you nod out, and you probably will, you don't want to knock it over. And this stuff, WILL knock you out if you don't dose very very low.

It sounds lovely to me.

As for with opioids, be EXTREMELY careful and titrate both of them up, with the detomidine especially, very carefully dosed, and incremented until the ideal combination dose of your opioid and the detomidine is found.

I haven't tried detomidine, medetomidine, xylazine or romifidine, nor 4-NEMD, but I'd love to. Have wanted to for a long time, but I do have scripts for both tizandine and clonidine. I find tizanidine to have the more powerfully sedating and relaxing effects of the two, although clonidine is far more potent by weight, in micrograms rather than milligrams ( I take 20-24mg tizanidine a day to suppress the muscle spasm left with the nerve damage caused by a failed leg operation, and even at 4mg plugged or intranasally, when I first got on it, that would have me nodding in and out, feeling lovely and relaxed, whilst clonidine doesn't seem to be as recreational. Perhaps because I'm autie and I take the clonidine to block sensory overloading and adrenal storms (catecholamine type, not corticosteroidal, although its still foul enough)

I'd hit this stuff alright. Fuck yeah I would. But very, very fucking carefully. I'd try maybe 0.5ug first, to see how that affects you, never taken it, but clonidine is dosed starting at 25ug per tablet. I wonder how much difference might be due in the subjective effects to different alpha2 adrenoreceptor subtype selectivity and how much is due to agonism at imidazoline receptor subtypes.

CAREFUL with this, very very very careful, and as I said, and I'll say it again, work it up from a dose that is not active, 500 nanograms maybe if I were to get any, and that would be my start point, maybe as low as 50-100 nanograms, before working up to 1 microgram, then 2ug, etc. until you find what you are after.

I DO think alpha2 adrenergic autoreceptor agonists are recreational, tizanidine/zanaflex sure is, to me. Goes nice with opioids, even 2mg insuflated of tizanidine had me nodding onto my computer keyboard for hours. Feels fucking lovely though.

Also, do NOT suddenly 'cold turkey' stop these types of drug, not if using regularly, which rx human meds aside like tizanidine, clonidine, on script can be the case. A SEVERE hypertensive crisis and tachycardia will result, as well as terrifying anxiety, sweating bullets, and this can actually be very dangerous. So use this sparingly if you use it.

I wish I had some, I reckon yer' a lucky sod. Lucky bastard getting to try detomidine before me!

Damn I am gonna have to get some of this, and some xylazine too, romifidine as well if I can get it. Also there is another in common use, lofexidine, for H detox support, to help stop the adrenergic storm, and calm the user, soothe the akathisia etc.

But don't use daily, just once in a while (running it up could go a few steps over a day given its short action of course. But other than that don't use this daily, just as an occasional treat)

I absolutely LOVE tizanidine, especially plugged, and with opioids. Clonidine isn't as good subjectively although for my autie sensory and physical overloading, it does work wonders too. Plugging tizanidine has even let me sleep for a while in opioid WD. 'Tis nice stuff. Be REALLY fucking careful with detomidine.

Also, don't be a goober and try using it undiluted. Dilute in ethanol and then take your dose measured in a syringe, diluted with water and plug or drip into the nose. Thats how I'd do it, after diluting it so I could start at less than a microgram until I reached active level.

These drugs are not psychologically dependence forming but a physical habituation and corresponding rebound effect, a physical withdrawal can definitely happen with alpha2aR agonists if taken chronically rather than once in a while. I've felt this from tizanidine after my former housemate, the devilbitch borderline PD gorgonslut OCD cunt from the bowels of perdition had been hiding my meds from me, forcing me to withdraw. The rebound from these drugs is fucking nasty as, and it could well be dangerous.

And DO keep that powerful orthostatic hypotension in mind, even tizanidine can knock you out cold if you take it and then rise from a recumbent position to standing without starting off bent forwards as if performing a japanese bow, and SLLOOOOOOWWWLY raise yourself to standing, whilst holding on to something like a sofa, so as to fall, if you should fall due to orthostatic hypotension, then there be something soft and harmless to hit on the way back down when you black out, if the dose be too large.

And again...you lucky bastard, you=D

This thread is making me want to toss a couple of hundred mikes of clonidine and 2-4mg tizanidine in with my next opioid shot. lol.

Last edited:
Haha, thanks for the advice. Once I get my materials I'll be sure to start safely experimenting.

If you really want some:
1. Purchase a naughty horse (horses are cheap and temperamental from auctions)
2. When you have trouble trimming his hooves, ask a veterinarian for some Dormosedan to make him more *manageable*.
3. *Tadah*

I swear if anybody says I'm giving advice on where to obtain this drug I'm going to crack up.

Bluelight User Agreement Specifically states, you may not:

*use Bluelight in any way, shape or form for unlawful purposes, including, without limitation:

a)attempting to solicit, obtain sell or supply contraband substances or substances of a quasi-legal status or information on how to do so;
b) posting or exchanging any information on ongoing or future criminal activity, any information which can be construed as discussing such activity or actively encouraging others to engage in criminal activities;

I've got my eye on you and your horseplay ashwolf..