• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Ice in bongs

sned

Bluelighter
What do people here think of ice in bongs? I like it myself.:)

mmmm......I love ice bongs =D They give such a nicer hit than conventional ones.

Get serious

The psychedelic drugs forum is for advanced discussion on psychedelic drugs, not putting ice in bongs. Let's shoot this somewhere else. Please be mindful when posting here again.

Last edited:
Snow bongs are the shit! Too bad it never snows around here. I love putting some small cubes in the bong water, and the larger ones in the neck. It cools the smoke so you can take fatter rips without coughing your ass off. If you want something to make the smoke smooth and sweet, try some dark red wine (ie merlot) for bong water next time. It's like you're not even smoking weed.

^^^
could alcoholic mixtures absorb thc and other canniboids, thus dropping the potency of the hit some?

You know, I never thought of that. I think any THC absorbed would be negligible, as the smoke doesn't linger in the wine very long, and wine typically has ~10% alcohol by volume.

You guys should try really really hot water instead. In my opinion it gives much cleaner hits than any other type of bong liquid.

never use any type of alcohol as bong water, it takes away smoke and thus THC!! its a waste of weed and its just better to put ice cubes in the bong and rip the bowl up that way!

i personally like gravitys with ice water!

Re: Get serious

morninggloryseed said:
The psychedelic drugs forum is for advanced discussion on psychedelic drugs, not putting ice in bongs.

hahahahahaha! Am I the only one who laughed at that?

Yes, I like when we put ice in the bong.

-poste

collective_vision said:
You guys should try really really hot water instead. In my opinion it gives much cleaner hits than any other type of bong liquid.
For some reason hot water makes my throat really sore.

My advice to ice users is to crush the ice(frozen H2O) up good.
My buddy was sliding ice cubes down the neck of his 3 foot glass bong and he broke out the bottom.:(

wow i cant believe i never thought of hot water in a bong!
i gotta try that now, thanks for the suggestion.

try adding poppers (amyl nitrate) to your bong water.

actually, on second thoughts, don't
11.gif
;)

it can be intense, and any splashback is nasty nasty nasty.

dr seuss said:
try adding poppers (amyl nitrate) to your bong water.

hello

it's a small point but an important point - there is a difference between nitrate and nitrite - the two words are very similar but the effects are different.

on a harm reduction website it's essential that people use the correct terms. this should help:

Confusion Between Nitrites & Nitrates

please try to ensure you are using the correct term and that you are not - deliberately or unknowingly - spreading potentially dangerous misinformation.

be safe

alasdair

problem with ice is that it'll cool, and therefore condense the smoke, and you'll lose thc content

alcohol will dissolve out

hot water, though... that's nice... lost of nice water vapour for the throat too :)

Poppers in a bong is good fun, but remember not to put too much in!! (i've found out the hard way when i slipped and poured half the bottle in :( )

alasdairm -

thanks for the link. i had actually checked my post against the label of a bottle - Golden GS - of poppers. it labelled the active ingredient as amyl nitrate; and although i should've known otherwise, it was a simple mistake (or a compound mistake, given that both i & the manufacturer were wrong). nonetheless, i'm sure you can appreciate how it happened. i am fully aware of the necessity for correct information in harm reduction terms; you're preaching to the converted my friend. i've done a lot of work for this site & others over the years, and although it's unlikely anyone would use nitrate in a bong, or ingest it as poppers, i can see your point.

sorry for posting misleading information. i will leave the above post intact as a lesson to everyone (mainly me) - don't trust the labels of shitty camden market poppers!!!

for those of u who smoke meth in a bong as well as ice chilled they taste great if u either add a drop of eucalyptus oil to the water or replace the water with grape flavoured gatorade.:)