PDA

View Full Version : Ice in bongs

Pages : [1] 2

sned
28-05-2003, 22:53
What do people here think of ice in bongs? I like it myself.:)

Scott J
28-05-2003, 23:04
mmmm......I love ice bongs =D They give such a nicer hit than conventional ones.

morninggloryseed
28-05-2003, 23:07
The psychedelic drugs forum is for advanced discussion on psychedelic drugs, not putting ice in bongs. Let's shoot this somewhere else. Please be mindful when posting here again.

h3nryrollin
28-05-2003, 23:20
i love ice in bongs too!

... :|

kiri
29-05-2003, 01:50
my personal favorite is a snow bong :P

DarkDante
29-05-2003, 02:36
Snow bongs are the shit! Too bad it never snows around here. I love putting some small cubes in the bong water, and the larger ones in the neck. It cools the smoke so you can take fatter rips without coughing your ass off. If you want something to make the smoke smooth and sweet, try some dark red wine (ie merlot) for bong water next time. It's like you're not even smoking weed.

alostlittlebird
29-05-2003, 03:41
^^^
could alcoholic mixtures absorb thc and other canniboids, thus dropping the potency of the hit some?

DarkDante
29-05-2003, 03:48
You know, I never thought of that. I think any THC absorbed would be negligible, as the smoke doesn't linger in the wine very long, and wine typically has ~10% alcohol by volume.

collective_vision
29-05-2003, 03:55
You guys should try really really hot water instead. In my opinion it gives much cleaner hits than any other type of bong liquid.

freaker
29-05-2003, 03:59
never use any type of alcohol as bong water, it takes away smoke and thus THC!! its a waste of weed and its just better to put ice cubes in the bong and rip the bowl up that way!

i personally like gravitys with ice water!

Beagle
29-05-2003, 05:24
Originally posted by morninggloryseed
The psychedelic drugs forum is for advanced discussion on psychedelic drugs, not putting ice in bongs.

hahahahahaha! Am I the only one who laughed at that?

Yes, I like when we put ice in the bong.

-poste

MaliceNwunderland
29-05-2003, 05:55
Originally posted by collective_vision
You guys should try really really hot water instead. In my opinion it gives much cleaner hits than any other type of bong liquid.
For some reason hot water makes my throat really sore.

My advice to ice users is to crush the ice(frozen H2O) up good.
My buddy was sliding ice cubes down the neck of his 3 foot glass bong and he broke out the bottom.:(

fatasaurus
29-05-2003, 08:15
Ice is great in bongs...but a tissue in the neck works just as well = D.

hahahahahaha! Am I the only one who laughed at that?

no, i laughed too.

asianfreek
29-05-2003, 09:00
wow i cant believe i never thought of hot water in a bong!
i gotta try that now, thanks for the suggestion.

dr seuss
29-05-2003, 10:25
try adding poppers (amyl nitrate) to your bong water.

actually, on second thoughts, don't http://i.bluelight.ru/pi/11.gif ;)

it can be intense, and any splashback is nasty nasty nasty.

alasdairm
29-05-2003, 10:38
Originally posted by dr seuss
try adding poppers (amyl nitrate) to your bong water.

hello

it's a small point but an important point - there is a difference between nitrate and nitrite - the two words are very similar but the effects are different.

on a harm reduction website it's essential that people use the correct terms. this should help:

Confusion Between Nitrites & Nitrates (http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/inhalants/inhalants_info5.shtml)

please try to ensure you are using the correct term and that you are not - deliberately or unknowingly - spreading potentially dangerous misinformation.

be safe

alasdair

nowonmai
29-05-2003, 12:15
problem with ice is that it'll cool, and therefore condense the smoke, and you'll lose thc content

alcohol will dissolve out

hot water, though... that's nice... lost of nice water vapour for the throat too :)

PG Tips
29-05-2003, 12:17
Poppers in a bong is good fun, but remember not to put too much in!! (i've found out the hard way when i slipped and poured half the bottle in :( )

dr seuss
29-05-2003, 12:29
alasdairm -

thanks for the link. i had actually checked my post against the label of a bottle - Golden GS - of poppers. it labelled the active ingredient as amyl nitrate; and although i should've known otherwise, it was a simple mistake (or a compound mistake, given that both i & the manufacturer were wrong). nonetheless, i'm sure you can appreciate how it happened. i am fully aware of the necessity for correct information in harm reduction terms; you're preaching to the converted my friend. i've done a lot of work for this site & others over the years, and although it's unlikely anyone would use nitrate in a bong, or ingest it as poppers, i can see your point.

sorry for posting misleading information. i will leave the above post intact as a lesson to everyone (mainly me) - don't trust the labels of shitty camden market poppers!!!

missjane
29-05-2003, 12:31
for those of u who smoke meth in a bong as well as ice chilled they taste great if u either add a drop of eucalyptus oil to the water or replace the water with grape flavoured gatorade.:)

alasdairm
29-05-2003, 13:08
Originally posted by dr seuss
nonetheless, i'm sure you can appreciate how it happened.

absolutely. i apologise for the condescending tone of my reply - please read your PMs.

alasdair

dr seuss
29-05-2003, 13:36
no worries :)

it was an important point that needed to be made. i shouldn't have any poppers anyway, dirty filthy stuff :D

Noodle
29-05-2003, 14:53
:D

bingers over ice with a vodka chaser makes me feel just right

faris
29-05-2003, 16:31
i'd never heard of ice in a bong till recently, but it was pretty cool. (no pun intended) have you guys ever tried honey? a guy introduced me to that a few years ago. it tastes really good, but it's obviously thicker and you need to take slower hits. also, the clean up is sick. put it in an acrylic tube, but rinse it out immediately after you're done with your session cuz it congeals (sp?) very quickly.

stinkfoot
29-05-2003, 17:42
Originally posted by collective_vision

hot water in bongs is really good for when you have a cold and a sore throat.

on the other hand ice in bongs seems to make the hit harsher imho.

Morrison's Lament
29-05-2003, 17:43
I've only once smoked out of a double barrel bong, and the guy had a bunch of crushed ice and cold water in one, with big ice cubes on top. The other one had steaming hot water.

Oh. My. God! That was a smooth hit, the humidity from the warm water and the cooling effect of both the ice and the long distance the smoke travelled through all the piping.

That being said, it's not really practical, because it's a real bitch to set up and maintain and probably a lot of thc condenses on that long journey.

--- G.

Shoelace
29-05-2003, 18:08
Try mouth wash.
Its like a fat menthol hit.Taste like brushing your teeth =D

Ice in bong - Fuckin aye!

-Peace

*Venus*
01-06-2003, 17:08
I am a fan. Snow is good too.

I'll have to try the warm water, never thought of that!

9baller
01-06-2003, 19:06
Man, ice in a bong rocks! It's a different way to enjoy pot, cos i find it does give a "cool" feel to the hits. I have friends who used to put snow in their bongs. : )

Cheers.

ghostcorps
02-06-2003, 06:09
Putting ice in your bong is a good way to give yourself pleurisy(sp?) (water on the lungs) a very painful experience, I know people who've had it happen. Also, the colder the water means the less THC you're actually consuming, being that THC is a vapour and condenses when it comes in contact with cold water.

Morrison's Lament
02-06-2003, 09:53
Holy shit, I used to do this every day! Could you explain how this condition can occur and what precautions can be taken??

--- G.

vnvnation
02-06-2003, 11:27
anyone ever used milk as bong water? its soo nice and creamy its unreal

me and some friends once mixed cherryade and orangeade in a bong- man it tasted nice u could taste the cherryade and orange ade more than the smoke was well nice

lizardchilders
02-06-2003, 16:44
MY BONG HAS A CHAMBER FOR ICE AND IT'S THE ONLY WAY I SMOKE. WHEN THE SMOKE IS COLD IT'S EASIER ON THE THROAT AND LUNGS I THINK.

nowonmai
02-06-2003, 18:11
^^

SORRY... DIDN'T QUITE GET THAT ;)

h@ndo
03-06-2003, 10:19
^^^^^HE SAID ........ ;)

Halo 99
06-06-2003, 10:56
much nicer.
and i love the sound of the ice hitting the glass.

plazma
06-06-2003, 13:32
Yes, while there is the danger of pleurisy, I still will admit I fucking love pulling iced cones. Absolutely fucking sublime. But, I have to say, I have a double chamber (with a tar catcher also) and its the bomb to put ice/water in one chamber, and put Listerene (Menthol mouthwash) in the other chamber. Fuckin icy cool menthol bongs. Does life get any better?

I'll have to do up the double chamber, hot/cold idea.

-plaz out-

Morrison's Lament
09-06-2003, 10:23
I assume pleurisy isn't common, since it's never happened to anyone I know, but is it really serious? I'm wondering if I should stop doing using ice as regularly and leave it for special occasions or harsh weed.

--- G.

SuGaRbUzZ
10-06-2003, 02:29
The blue-peppermint mouthwash is the BEST in a bong. It's like hitting a york peppermint patty. I -love- it.

Mariposa
10-06-2003, 04:03
ice in the bong=heaven!

:)

Urbanhog
10-06-2003, 14:33
just remember to becareful when dropping ice cubes into a glass bong's empty waterless chamber, I somehow dropped the ice cube and it went down and smashed the bottom of the chamber.... yep, a ice cube smashed a the glass bottom, I almost cried it was a awesome bong had for years and it was a bong that my mum brought for me :D

So fill your glass bong with water before adding ice cubes in it. ;)

Urbanhog

%)

ketamatic
10-06-2003, 18:07
Originally posted by ghostcorps
Putting ice in your bong is a good way to give yourself pleurisy(sp?) (water on the lungs) a very painful experience, I know people who've had it happen

'Water on the lungs' isn't pleuritis, it's pleural effusion. Pleurisy(or pleuritis) is an inflammation of the membranes surrounding the lungs--this can develop into a pleural effusion(an excess of fluid between the membranes surrounding the lungs), however.

Can you link me to some evidence to back up this claim? I don't understand how pulling a hit of smoke through ice is going to increase your chances of developing pleuritis. EDIT: as opposed to inhaling smoke through non-iced water, that is. I suppose smoking anything could cause an infection--but what is the difference with iced water that increases the chance? Did I miss something in A&P??

EvMan717
19-06-2003, 22:17
What is something I can fill my bong with that either
a)makes the smoke taste better or
b)gives the user extra effects

I guess I would rather ask than experiment

kitchkinet
19-06-2003, 22:47
I like putting peppermint extract in, makes it taste clean n minty.

Jah People
20-06-2003, 04:13
Originally posted by alostlittlebird
^^^
could alcoholic mixtures absorb thc and other canniboids, thus dropping the potency of the hit some? THC only breaks down in fatty things like butter etc i think booze would be fine

LMAO@ poppers in a bong jesus man thats real hardcore i think it might do your brain some serious damage, hell why not use ether or industrial paint stripper insted.....;)

Morrison's Lament
20-06-2003, 06:18
No, THC is most definitely alcohol soluble. That's how people make Green Dragon :)

--- G.

Jah People
20-06-2003, 06:48
Originally posted by Morrison's Lament
No, THC is most definitely alcohol soluble. That's how people make Green Dragon :)

--- G. green dragon? whats that i have never heard of it, got any info?....

EvMan717
21-06-2003, 02:23
Google

Morrison's Lament
21-06-2003, 07:40
It's basically cannabis/vodka, because of the fact that thc is alcohol soluble you can leave your stash in a bottle of vodka for an extended period of time, shaking occasionally, and end up with a potent tincture of alcohol and thc.

However, this is all a very brief overview, there are many threads on bluelight on how to do it properly, and all over google too.

Happy drinking :)

--- G.

p.s. be warned this drink fucks people up with alarming effectiveness

Lefty
21-06-2003, 08:28
Oooh...the green dragon thing sounds pretty cool.

Ice in a bong is much better, in my opinion.