• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Atasol (codeine) experience? Unsure about its content of Caffeine citrate

backtotheseajimoth

Greenlighter
Hey everyone. Ive got my hands on 8 atasol 15 pills which are 15mg codeine, 325 acetaminophen, and 30 mg caffeine citrate. Ive read that once caffeine citrate is ingested, only half of it really ends up as functional caffeine. I am planning on taking all of them which would be 120mg codeine, 2600 acetaminophen, and 240 caffeine citrate, but in the end, more like 120 mg of working caffeine apparently. That amount of caffeine normally wouldnt be that much, like drinking two coffees or something like that. But Im just wondering maybe that much caffeine citrate is different? Im unsure of how the body really processes it, and cant find much info on this online. Im just a bit worried about that. Hopefully some of you have experience with Atasol and Caffeine Citrate and can enlighten me.

Thanks

The average for 16oz of coffee is 200 mg, 400 mg of caffeine is the recommended max per day. I'd be more concerned with the 2.6 grams of apap.

Is this a one time deal or possibly a regular thing? The caffeine won't take very long to hit, you could always eat them with a 30 min stagger and not change much of the final result but at least be able to judge the edginess of the caffeine. Even though like Tubbs said it's not any worse than coffee or an energy drink at 120mg of Caff Base. Caffeine citrate dissociates to base in liquid.

I'm just asking as that could be a little rough on the liver if it were a regular thing. Not too concerned about the codeine or caffeine. It's just better to space out APAP doses if that were to become a daily regimen.

hey man, nah don't worry about the caffeine, 120mg is not that much you can even go higher if you don't have heart issues. but as jekyl said the apap would be a problem, now 2.6g is not that much ocasionally for the liver but I would look into CWE (cold water extraction) as in the future maybe you will want a higher dose of codeine. CWE is really simple, you can find a lot of threads on that or even pm me and I can explain it to you or show you some videos. Have a nice time and take care of yourself, also welcome to bluelight!