• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction First time IV heroin. Do i have everything?

Chris42393

Bluelighter
Hello all! I have finally received my heroin...and im pretty sure that I have everything that I need to have a "safe" first injection. Is there anything im missing? I have a scale to precisely weigh out 5mg of H.

--Sterile 0.9% Normal Saline for IV liquid
--Fresh/unused needles 25g 1cc syringe.
--8mg Narcan on standby (I can try to IM myself just in case)
--Pre filters/main micron filters
--Fentynal test strips (to test the H before IV injection)

Unfortunately i dont have a sitter...Using opiates are my "secret" and nobody knows I use. I will have other people in the house though.

Anything that im missing?

Thanks!

Looks like you got all the bases covered. Now just gotta make sure your technique is right. And if you really only do shoot 5mg I don't think narcan will be necessary even triple that dose you'd be fine. Better safe then sorry I guess.

Thanks for the reply ovo! I figured 5mg wont OD me, but its mainly there just in case of fentanyl. Better safe then sorry! xD Appreciate it!

When you get your flash of blood and are in the vein, go with just a little bit and sorta wait for 20-30sec instead of just ramming it home. It's not a good idea to sit there with a static rig in your arm as your flash can clot if there's any air/ foam, but by pushing down 20% of your 1ml then going very slow you might have a better chance of gaugeing if it's too much or something's not right when the first 20% hits. I know it sounds sketchy but that's the business we're in with street drugs.

Let us know how everything goes Chris.

When you get your flash of blood and are in the vein, go with just a little bit and sorta wait for 20-30sec instead of just ramming it home. It's not a good idea to sit there with a static rig in your arm as your flash can clot if there's any air/ foam, but by pushing down 20% of your 1ml then going very slow you might have a better chance of gaugeing if it's too much or something's not right when the first 20% hits. I know it sounds sketchy but that's the business we're in with street drugs.

Let us know how everything goes Chris.

Thanks for the advice Jekyl! Ill let ya'll know!

Just in case you zone out make sure you area is clear so if someone walks in you won?t be nodded out with your rig in your lap and a cooler on the table

Tolerance? Oh yes , most important thing before you IV. I can't believe you'd go off trying 5mg , but people die every day from ignorance.

And a sitter. Doesn't matter if you tell your secret or not , just have someone with you.

Yikes! 25g?! I've been at this for quite some time and of course, factoring in days when I had tried to rush the process due to nerves/anxiety/WDs and also not properly filtering shots made from various pills, I've lost basically every main vein in my body aside from femoral, neck, and feet, and that was by using no larger than 28-29g, I currently use 31g 6mm points and switch between spots on my neck, knuckles, and inside of my fingers/palms which seems to have stopped the constant collapsing for the last year or so. I hope you're ok and enjoyed your goodies, but if you decide to continue I would most definitely start getting some smaller gauges to preserve the easier IV routes. Take care :D

FunGuy