• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Dissolving etizolam in 151 proof alcohol and max solubility

OntarioGuy

Bluelighter
so, I have 2 grams of etizolam powder on the way, the source always has high quality etizolam.

I would like to try and dissolve it to 20 mgs/ml if possible if not 10 mgs/ml. I tried looking up the max solubility, all I seem to find is people making Ethanol solutions of 1-2 mgs per ml max. I saw one report of someone doing 300 mgs in 15 mls of 151 proof alcohol though.

I would use PG, but I inevitably end up using it watered down via IV. And that leads to some problems.
So I want to do 20 mgs per ml in ethanol so I can drop 0.05-0.1 mls on a sweet tart to make a 1-2 mg candy, and allow the alcohol to evaporate. Then I could suck on the candy for buccal sublingual.

I know the solubility has been done to death, but I'm specifically asking if u guys think 1 gram of etizolam will dissolve in 50 mls of 151 proof alcohol with a heat bath?

Also, what about denatured ethanol? Is it too poisonous, even if evaporated?

Just re-read the last sentence of your first post. Definitely wouldn’t use denatured alcohol. I don’t know much about it but I remember from the herbal incense days that it was a big No-no to use denatured acetone as a solvent. I think all states sell Bacardi 151 at the very least.

Last edited:
Ya I was just making sure. I'm in canada, so it's harder to get pure everclear type things here. What about 99% isopropyl? I can get that easily, I mean, I'm talking about trying to get a strong enough solution where I can drop 0.05-0.1 ml on a candy and allow it to evaporate completely before consuming.

Denatured EtOH can contain nasties like denatonium benzoate, Pyridine, Methanol; not exactly sugar and spice. Denatonium is one of the most bitter substances known to man, not good for candy lacing.

If need be you should up the dilution ratio a bit and go with the 151 as higher proof EtOH is pricey and the DIY route is labor intensive. If there's no precipitation after cooling then you should be golden, if your looking to keep it in liquid for any length of time that is.

edit: Iso would keep the integrity of the candy in better shape with less H2O, but would also make direct liquid doses taste horrible. It won't hurt you at 100 microliter amounts but yuck. Blotters would work too.

Last edited:
Ya, I'd have to order some blotter paper and then do the math etc, seems easier if I can use alcohol.....I have a friend in the dispensary business who said he may be able to source me some pure grain alcohol. I just want something that will dissolve the etizolam to a high enough concentration that a dose will be contained in a small easy to evaporate amount of solution.

Blotters could work, but don't most sheets absorb like 2-3 mls of liquid per 100 hit sheet? For like lsd sized blotters. All the alprazolam blotters I have had were huge. They were 3 mg. I don't know what solvent they'd have used to dissolve that much alprazolam. I'd like to replicate that. I'm never good with liquid. I lose it, spill it. So I've gotta try something else

Last edited: