• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Does citalopram inhibit effects of speed?

scaligeri1

Greenlighter
I know this question has been asked before but the comments are a bit indecisive.
I literally just want to know from people's personal experience: do you feel the full effects of speed whilst being on citalopram? And if not, what to do you feel.

Please no comments about serotonin syndrome or "maybe drugs are the reason youre depressed" because it's not. I've had mental health problems before I was ever introduced to drugs but I've only just started citalopram in the last year because I tried to live without having to medicate myself. Thankfully citalopram has made daily life easier for me but I still struggle with social anxiety and I need a little pick me up to be able to leave my anxiety at the door when I go to parties. I used to take mdma about 3 times a year and have a cracking night but I've tried it twice since starting citalopram and noticed it barely touches me. Since doing some research I've discovered why and would like a replacement. My bf was given some bass but I don't want to waste it if it's 1. Not gonna work on me 2. And as a result of not working end up being anxious af if I go out.

I'm a fairly sensible person I would just like the privilege of having my sacred 3 nights out a year so please don't lecture me.

Thanks

You could have medical grade amphetamine and still get anxious af.

I highly doubt citalopram would alter the effects in any way positive or negative of amphetamine.*

* However some antidepressants much more strongly inhibit p450 cyp2d6 where pharmokinetic interactions could occur.

In my experience. no. Skip a dose if you're concerned; citalopram's half-life isn't that long.

Sorry, just to clarify: No citalopram doesn't inhibit speed or no, I won't feel the full effects? Thanks for your reply.

To my knowledge no citalopram does not inhibit or reduce amphetamines effects.