Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

what is "PEPPER eXTraCt"

craigos

Bluelighter
a few mates and i recently aquired a package of unknown origin, containing herbal remedies. 200g of ground Kava, a herbal substitute for sugar, and the most confusing of the lot, PEPPER eXTraCt (with the X and T and C in capitals) :S. little 35ml bottles with fluoro yellow lables. on the back, word for word it says "HERBAL, NON TOXIC. CONTAINS ; BLACK PEPPER EXTRACT + H2O. DISCLAIMER; IF SWALLOWED TAKE IT EASY, EAT AND DRINK. YES EAT FOOD AND DRINK ANYTHING NON ALCOHOLIC.

after drinking 35ml mixed with cordial i got tingles over my entire body. mild visual halucinations. huge eyes and pupils, twitching legs. not undifferent to a pill.

the lable is confusing. it talks to the consumer in the 1st person.
the "drink anything alcoholic" made me think GHB.
i have never experienced ghb so i cannot make a comparison.
i hope someone might have encountered this mysterious pepper extract before so i can find out what it contained (and where to get more)

any ideas are appreciated

craigos - armidale

it has nothing to do with mdma. check out BZP and/or TFMPP for more information.

Last edited:
... and read the Guidelines, please don't ask for sources of where to get stuff here.

BigTrancer :)

I’m no organic chemist so the flames are not necessary. but I do remember reading an article on the web somewhere about piperine which is contained in black pepper (in very low quantities) it is said you can extract it, piperine is then converted to piperic acid with the final stage being the piperic acid being converted to piperonyl. Piperonyl has something to do with pipernol or maybe they just sound familiar. Pipernol is one of the precursors for MDMA, i think.

Like most stories thrashed around on the internet its nothing more than an interesting story.

Let me re-iterate, I’m not an organic chemist, I do however enjoy reading, even when its fiction.

JoKeR =D

It's Black pepper extract and i think it rocks! I've had it once before and the herbal place i got it from explain that it depletes seritonin :) and gives you a feeling VERY simular to a pill. I reckon it's a great natural alternative to taking a pill personally :)

bring on the natural drugs... and don't understimate they're power. Oh yeah and it definiatly aint g.

peace

Jokerswild you are correct in saying pepper contains piperine which can be turned into piperonal. But unless other sources of MDMA starting compounds become very scarce, it would be hardly worthwhile. Here's why:

• Reported max level of piperine in black pepper - 10%
  • Isolation of piperine requires several steps
  • Additional reactions and separations to piperonal
  • As 1 mole of piperine makes 1 mole of piperonal, yield of piperonal (theoretical max) = 52.6% of extracted piperine

Pepper contains many different alkaloids, some of which may be slightly psychoactive. Black pepper also contains many suspect carcinogens including piperine. Although piperine can protect liver in certain circumstances, in rats it produced a 20%reduction in P450 cytochromes. Piperine was thought to be particularly dangerous because it reacts with nitrites and nitrates (bacon & ham preservatives) to produce a mutagenic nitrosamine. However, due to there being no effective replacement for these preservatives, the FDA in its infinite wisdom decided levels would be too small to be of concern 8)

Here is a good reference for piper nigrum

More on toxicology

As piperine is reported to reduce P450 cytochromes, it may pay to avoid mixing pepper products with other drugs. I'll see whats around on specific cytochromes

Cowboy Mac said:
it has nothing to do with mdma. check out BZP and/or TFMPP for more information.

what he said...

its BZP, its called pepper power, or pepper extract because of the (mind the spelling) BZP benzo piperazine, from what im told it has very little to do with actual pepper, but the makers put pepper in it to give it the authentic pepper flavour/feel heh.

its a research chemical, not entirely "natural" just cause its sold at herbal high stores doesnt mean its "natural" ehehhe. just not illegal as such.. well most of the time. but the law usually catches up with these loop hole/research chems which havnt been banned yet.

well there you go hehehe..
they already got to it there.

i know its alot harder for people to import as it used to be.. but yeah.. i had a couple of bottles of this pepper power but i was never game to try it, for some reason im a bit worried about these lesser known research chems hehe.. but i should try it some time i spose.. hehehe

black pepper extract

we have loads of herbal highs associated with bzp in new zealand.Herbal highs such as Euphoria and Nemisis are all bzp and are promoted as being much safer than e's. well the problem is that they have a particularly nasty comedown and dehydrate you worse than any pill ive ever consumed.
They are good if you cant get anything better but i suggest staying away from them. True you get mild visuals and stay up all night, but you can get that off a half decent pill and wont feel quite so rotten the next day, sweet.

Yeah, i totally agree i'm from NZ aswell and have used "herbal xtc" containing pepper extract, i certainly wouldn't advise taking. Although they have the desired effects, i had the messiest comedown the next day :( use only if desperate is my opinion.

Dtsch Med Wochenschr 2001 Jul 13;126(28-29):809-11

[Fatal brain edema after ingestion of ecstasy and benzylpiperazine]

[Article in German]

Balmelli C, Kupferschmidt H, Rentsch K, Schneemann M.

Medizinische Klinik B, Universitatsspital Zurich.

HISTORY AND ADMISSION FINDINGS: A 23-year-old woman was hospitalized with headache, malaise and somnolence 11 hours after ingestion of A2 (benzylpiperazine), 7 hours after ingestion of ecstasy (MDMA), and large volume of fluids. On admission she had bradycardia (heart rate 48/min), hypertension (blood pressure 154/95 mm Hg), and reduced consciousness with diminished tendon reflexes and non-reacting pupils (Glasgow Coma Score 6). INVESTIGATIONS: Serum sodium was markedly decreased (115 mmol/l [normal 135-145]) with low plasma osmolality (246 mosm/kg [normal 280-300]). Other laboratory findings were within normal limits. TREATMENT AND COURSE: The patient had severe hypervolaemic hypotonic hyponatraemia. 40 minutes after admission she seized twice and was intubated. Brain CT scan showed massive cerebral oedema with beginning tonsillar herniation. Serum sodium concentration returned to normal within 38 hours, but the patient deteriorated neurologically with increasing tonsillar herniation detected in a second brain CT scan. The patient died 57 hours after admission. CONCLUSION: 13 cases of MDMA-associated severe hyponatraemia are reported. Intake of fluids after MDMA ingestion may lead to potentially fatal hypervolaemic hypotonic hyponatraemia with cerebral oedema. Symptoms appear about 8 hours (range 4-18) after MDMA ingestion. Even low doses of MDMA and fluids may lead to a serious outcome. The only risk factor is female gender. Measurement of serum sodium and brain CT scan is recommended in all patients with altered mental status after MDMA consumption.

It doesn't say BZP was considered responsible but it is worth noting and appreciating the possible interations if the two substances.

Piperine inhibits P450 3A4 normally used as a minor pathway for MDMA metaoblism. For Someone with a 2D6 deficiency this could pose a more significant risk.

Author/Editor/Inventor
Bhardwaj Rajinder K; Glaeser Hartmut; Becquemont Laurent; Klotz Ulrich [a]; Gupta Suresh K; Fromm Martin F.
Institution
[a] Dr. Margarete Fischer-Bosch-Institut fuer Klinische Pharmakologie, Auerbachstrasse 112, D-70376, Stuttgart; E-Mail: [email protected] Germany.
Title (English)
Piperine, a major constituent of black pepper, inhibits human P-glycoprotein and CYP3A4.

Journal of Pharmacology & Experimental Therapeutics. [print] 302(2). August, 2002. 645-650

In summary, we showed that piperine inhibits both the drug transporter P-glycoprotein and the major drug-metabolizing enzyme CYP3A4. Because both proteins are expressed in enterocytes and hepatocytes and contribute to a major extent to first-pass elimination of many drugs, our data indicate that dietary piperine could affect plasma concentrations of P-glycoprotein and CYP3A4 substrates in humans, in particular if these drugs are administered orally.

Author/Editor/Inventor
Tsukamoto Sachiko; Cha Bae-Cheon; Ohta Tomihisa [a].
Institution
E-Mail: [email protected], [a] Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kanazawa University, 13-1 Takara-machi, Kanazawa, 920-0934 Japan.
Title (English)
Dipiperamides A, B, and C: Bisalkaloids from the white pepper Piper nigrum inhibiting CYP3A4 activity.
Source
Tetrahedron. [ print] 58. 25 February, 2002. 1667-1671. http://www.elsevier.nl/inca/publications/store/2/3/2/
Abstract
Three new bisalkaloids, dipiperamides A, B, and C, were isolated from the white pepper (Piper nigrum L.), along with the known piperine and piperylin. Dipiperamides A-C inhibited cytochrome P450 (CYP) 3A4 activity.

There are also papers describing some neuroprotrective effects when coombined with MDMA.

Author/Editor/Inventor
Hashimoto Kenji.

Institution
Neuroimaging and Drug Action Sect., Neurosci. Branch, NIDA Addiction Res. Cent., P.O. Box 5180, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA.
Title (English)
Effects of benzylpiperazine derivatives on the acute effects of 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine in rat brain.
Source
Neuroscience Letters. 152(1-2). 1993. 17-20.

Abstract
The reduction of 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT) in rat brain 3 h after administration of 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA) was attenuated significantly by coadministration of benzylpiperazine derivatives (p-nitrobenzylpiperazine, p-chlorobenzylpiperazine and 1-piperonylpiperazine), which were weak inhibitors of (3H)5-HT uptake into rat brain synaptosomes. However, the coadministration of desipramine and imipramine which were more potent 5-HT uptake inhibitors than these benzylpiperazines, did not attenuate the reduction of 5-HT by MDMA. These results suggest that these benzylpiperazines might inhibit the acute effects of MDMA by a novel neuropharmacological effect other than 5-HT uptake inhibition.

Piperine also promote cytotoxic actions of benzopyrene from cigarette smoke

Author/Editor/Inventor
Chu C-Y [a]; Chang J-P; Wang C-J.
Institution
[a] Inst. Biochem., Chung-Shan Medical and Dental Coll., No. 113, Sect. 2 Ta-Chang Street, Taichung 402 Taiwan.
Title (English)
Modulatory effect of piperine on benzo(a)pyrene cytotoxicity and DNA adduct formation in V-79 lung fibroblast cells.
Source
Food & Chemical Toxicology. 32(4). 1994. 373-377.

Abstract
Piperine, a major component of black pepper and long peppers, has been reported previously to have an effect on the activation and deactivation of some exogenous substances. In the present study, piperine was found to promote DNA damage and cytotoxicity induced by benzo(a)pyrene (B(a)P) in cultured V-79 lung fibroblast cells.

I would be cautious with any approach to using these chemicals, extracts, whatever. If they were something great you would hear more such stories, but almost all describe a terrible comedown for a so so time. IMO there are somethings best learned from the experience of others.

Apart from a good pepper steak, as far as the ingredients of pepper are concerned, I'll stick to an amine which AFAIK may have originated from aminating a condensation product of an aldehyde, originally cleaved from an organic acid obtained by hydrolysing the alkaloid piperine =D

Well myself and a large number of friends have consummed "Pepper Extract" over the past 12 months and none have had any serious comedowns or ill side effects. Infact some of us have described the high as the most intense we've ever had. Only one has complained of headeaches. Food and drink plays a huge part in the effects, and hence why its stated on the bottle. Unlike MDXX a good meal beforehand will do you the world of good and not inhibit the high. And also, as the bottle states, DO NOT mix with alcohole or ANY other substance.
One 35ml bottle consumed, lasted for a good 7-8 hours. It gave us all warm feelings inside, leg and eye wobbles, and jaw clenches. It doesn't however give you the "luvedup" feelings that MDXX can.

All this said, most of us have given it away, purely for the fact that it is an unknown chemical as such, not to mention the vile taste. :/

HERE'S a link from Erowid.

HERE'S one from Lycaeum.

And HERE'S one from Bluelight.

DJC*

^^
I wrote
If they were something great you would hear more such stories, but almost all describe a terrible comedown for a so so time

err... yes well I shouldn't make such generallisations should I :eek: Seems as though having sufficient water and food may make all the difference as to how you feel the next day. Thanks DJC

PD No problems. That said though there are still numerous accounts of people having terrible headaches and comedowns, but i do belive that is mostly when mixed with other substances. On its own it can be great fun, and definately an amazing peak. Still more research needs to be done.

DJC* :)

i'm bumping this cause i'm getting back into this stuff after about a year of not taking it...

i'm a big fan of the effects, infact, its one of the only substances that calms my mind.. both on and off substances, my mind races at a million miles per hour (as those who know me i'm sure will agree..) but on this, i am calm, happy and relaxed...

has anyone ever mixed this with MDxx?? the only thing i dont like about pepper extract is the fact that you dont get hte loved up feelings....

Selected Intelligence Brief

Microgram Bulletin April 2004; A bit over half way down the page, this may be of interest;

Although there are extensive studies on the pharmacology and toxicology of the piperazines, there have been surprisingly few references providing analytical data for these compounds. Of note, BZP, mCPP, ortho-MeOPP, and TFMPP are all human metabolites of various prescription medications.

I've tried the pepper extract, not the same bottle that you have described, mine seemed to be printed out by the shop that sold it.

The recommendation is to not eat anything 2 hours before hand, drink plenty of water and avoid alcohol because the alcohol dehydrates you.

The effects were great. I had half a bottle (not sure of actualy liquid quantity) and at around 45mins extremely intense and chargy rushes started. The high was very euphoric but there was no "loved up" feeling like you have a pills. Extreme euphoria and mood lift but it felt more like a head high as opposed to a body high (if that makes any sense). Thats the onlyl way I can describe it. I can't comment on how long the effects were because I ended up having an actualy pill an hour or so into the effects. Having said that, from my experiences there are no implications of combining the pepper extract with pills only you get a synergy and it makes you quite a bit more fucked than you would expect. heh.

Thank you come again.