• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Treatment I want my life back!!!!

ErikEverhard

Bluelighter
I used to have a passion for working out, running, competing in bodybuilding shows,but for the last 2 years my passion has been percocets, roxys, and I am tired of it. My percocet abuse ranges from 2-6 a day at least.It all started with being bi-polar, manic depression, OCD. So I started self medicating, but the anti depressants Prozak and xanax I am on now seem to be working to a certain point. Dont get me wrong I am still depressed and when I awake my anxiety is still high as hell,but maybe if I can get off the opiods which my excuse is depression and boredom, just maybe I can get my life back.
I have an appointment to see my doctor and I am going to ask him about suboxone strips. Now I know some will say no do not go that route.I volunterly commited myself into a behavioral clinic for depression and anxiety about a year ago and the week stay was a joke. I went to one meeting a day and the other hours sit in a room watching tv,how in the hell that was supposed to help I have no idea.

Give me my life back!!!!

look into inpatient rehab. They can medically detox you and set you up with the tools you need to jump into the world. Get involved in a 12 step program and do what the fuck they tell you to. Sponsor, home group, commitments, steps, all of it. And maybe 6 months from now your drug free and telling someone else how to do it. DM if you want to talk

Suboxone is a good start. It has a higher percentage chance of helping then inpatient rehab

How do I go about getting the script? Just basically tell him what I am telling you guys? I had a friend who did the inpatient rehab for a year and a half, and said it was the biggest waste of time for him. I am not knocking it just saying.

Suboxone is a good start. It has a higher percentage chance of helping then inpatient rehab

Suboxone alone has a 0% chance of helping you deal with any underlying issues that lead you to seek escape. Now, when used as an adjunct to therapy or some other psychosocial intervention, suboxone can serve as a stabilization tool that will allow you focus on working on developing coping mechanisms that don't involve getting loaded. Suboxone doesn't teach living skills, it doesn't teach coping tools, it doesn't bring non-judgmental awareness of the present moment, it doesn't fix financial problems, it is not a relationship counselor, it does not connect you with your inner-child, it doesn't bring engender a concern for others, it is not a first line anti-depressant, it is not a first line anti-psychotic, it is not a first line anti-anxiolitic. Suboxone is a partial opiate agonist with antagonistic properties that binds to receptors and staves off withdrawal. If you have all the living skills you need to have a happy and fulfilling life then suboxone will solve your problem. If I had those skills though it would be highly unlikely I would have ever sought my "solution" in drugs.

I'm about to begin Suboxone treatment through a Dr this coming Friday.

Subs alone aren't going to stop my drug abuse. It will give me a chance to catch my breath while establishing a sober life-
a strong one.

From my failed attempts at staying clean, I have (thankfully) learned many of the areas I have failed.

One of the most important lessons(as well as the most devestating) - was realizing that the strong support system I believed I had - (which was my 2 lifelong best friends)- wasn't strong at all. In fact, it was non-existent. Lesson learned. The hard and painful way.

That's only one of the many valuable things I've learned. So, no Suboxone alone isn't the end all. It's a valuable tool. But, I already knew that.

You can get your life back. As long as you know there is alot of effort that needs to be put into it. Also, a solid support system. All the best to to you OP! <3