• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Long term effects of suboxone?

ASHellytopay

Greenlighter
whether it be mentally, or physically. Please share your wisdom and experience on this topic. I?ve been concerned that over time the suboxone has changed my personality, like it numbs who I really am, amongst other things. Anyone else feel this way? Please share ! :)

Point of clarification: Are you still on suboxone?

I can share a few medium-term and long-term effects that may be attributed to buprenorphine for me. Nearly 6 years removed from buprenorphine I still have anisocoria. That occurred as an event when I had a hellacious precipitated withdrawal. Yes my pupils have never returned to equal size and it took some time for me to reestablish equilibrium.

The first 2 months I was off the stuff I would suffer horrible vertigo any time I turned my head quickly to the side. I came to associate this with a disparity in the way my eyes and the part of my brain processing the sense worked together. It was almost as if there was a nanosecond delay. One was moving faster than the other, or vice versa. That may also have been due to the anisocoria. Two pupils adjusting to light at different rates and ratios may have caused that vertigo. I haven't experienced that in years though.

There may be other things, but I did a lot of damage to my body with many chemicals so those are the only two I can say with relative certainty did not exist prior to buprenorphine.