• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

New benzo thread :)

donnabell

Greenlighter
It seems as though some forums on benzo withdrawal are a pit of despair and neverending, looping tales of non-recovery and permanent brain damage.

I experienced a massive, code red trauma involving murder of a loved one two years ago and was put on clonazepam. Throughout this time, I have abused alcohol, zopiclone and clonazepam.

This is Day 1 of realizing I can never binge drink again if I want to successfully come off clonazepam. From what I have read, clonazepam is the worst drug on earth. Great. I cannot find a success story other than Stevie Nicks taking massive amounts for a decade and getting back to her old self after two years.

I'm ready to start tapering. I want my life back-- joy and pain, the full gamut of emotions. My natural reward system back.

Does anyone have any insight/experience.... positive, and ok, negative too? I need some hopeful energy here.

For sure check out the Ashton Manual for your taper.

That was an unfathomable crisis to endure and I do not doubt that you felt the need to medicate to survive it. <3

Quitting everything that helped you keep the emotions endurable will take courage and strength but it sounds like you can draw on your past fullness as a motivation. Believe me, that is a way better position to start from than someone traumatized so early in life that they do not even know the joy of living with a full spectrum of emotions. Use all the non-drug therapies you can find to help with the rebound anxiety and even to continue to process the tragedy allowing yourself to grieve fully and on your own schedule.

I have a benzo question, maybe someone can help with an answer:

Let's say I take .5 or 1 mg xanax one time per day, at night before bed. No use at all during the day. Can this amount of usage cause physical dependency and then WD when stopping. (When I run out)

That dose never gave me physical withdrawals, just a hard time sleeping and some added anxiety.

I came out of a medium addiction relatively unscathed. I didn't even have PAWS really. The key is a good taper