• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Qutting Every Drug - threw tons of shit down the drain

Kratom777

Bluelighter
So I have experimented with drugs. I threw out meds being prescribed to me. 300 pills of 300 mg lyrica's, 3g shrooms (probably the only thing I regret tossing down the drain), DXM bottles, 2 liters of vodka and some pain killers prescribed to me. Feels good. I haven't had anything in 6 months.

I still have kratom but haven't taken any in 5 months. I never was a big drug user unless you count pot and alcohol but that was years ago. I just decided to stop completely. I starting working out in the gym, focusing on expanding my small business and am in the process of looking for a job I can at least enjoy. I quit a bunch of jobs, some because I had a major back operation and I couldn't do those. The other ones I quit were stressing me out. I am also in therapy doing cognitive behavioral therapy guided by my psychotherapist for generalized anxiety disorder. I think I am starting to finally get back to normal, or where I was years ago, probably a decade. It sure as hell feels good. I also stopped going to strip clubs and fornicating with strange women. Online dating seems to be a joke but I still use it. I joined a bunch of meetup groups so I might go to some single meet-ups. I also looking into other groups to get a hobby. I used to play sports all the time so maybe I'll join a team league or something. Anything.

I guess my whole point of this thread is that if I can do it, anyone can. Sober living is better living for a lot of us. Drugs are fun and all but I had enough of it. I messed around with brain chemicals for too long. I am starting to feel like my old self. Crazy. If anyone else has any input or has done the same thing, drop me a line. I just wrote this off the top of my head; sorry if it seems like I was bragging because I never meant to come across that way.

Thank you everyone.

Last edited:
Just curious, when you were using, what was your DOC? Were you physically hooked on anything when you quit? Did you suffer through acute WDs? If so, how did you overcome that?

Just curious, when you were using, what was your DOC? Were you physically hooked on anything when you quit? Did you suffer through acute WDs? If so, how did you overcome that?

I was using lyrica for a major back operation. It helped with the muscles they cut through. I was using it but at one time even abusing it. The pain killers were on and off. I was using kratom daily for two years. I had mild w/d's. The worst w/d's I ever had were from anti-depressants. People don't realize these drugs have the worst withdrawal symptoms ever. The w/d's from that last a total of three years. I took a lot of magnesium, vitamin C to counteract cortisol, and at one time, 5-HTP. These three supplements were great for stress and anxiety.

Good for you, Kratom777. I threw a lot of drugs out in my time too. Some hurt more than others - I still think about that perfect batch of MXE that I flushed when I was in Phenibut withdrawal and going insane. I usually ended up caving in and buying more drugs sooner or later though, until I finally decided to stop completely.

Can I ask why you kept the Kratom? I hung onto some 1P-LSD and 4-HO-MET for about 6-7 months after I got clean until I realized that the thought of being able to use them at some point was doing me more harm than good. It felt like a dirty little secret in my bottom drawer, and that wasn't an emotion or behavior I wanted to hang onto. I hope it doesn't sound like I'm projecting, I'm just curious if you're expecting to use it again at some point or what your intentions are.

Good for you, Kratom777. I threw a lot of drugs out in my time too. Some hurt more than others - I still think about that perfect batch of MXE that I flushed when I was in Phenibut withdrawal and going insane. I usually ended up caving in and buying more drugs sooner or later though, until I finally decided to stop completely.

Can I ask why you kept the Kratom? I hung onto some 1P-LSD and 4-HO-MET for about 6-7 months after I got clean until I realized that the thought of being able to use them at some point was doing me more harm than good. It felt like a dirty little secret in my bottom drawer, and that wasn't an emotion or behavior I wanted to hang onto. I hope it doesn't sound like I'm projecting, I'm just curious if you're expecting to use it again at some point or what your intentions are.

My father actually takes the kratom still so I didn't get rid of it. I regret throwing the shrooms down the drain, probably the only thing. I also threw almost a gram of MDMA down the drain. Yeah, I have the craving to go smoke some weed. I live in New England and supposedly Massachusetts is opening up recreational cannabis cafes soon. I know that is going to test my will again. It is hard once you start.

cool, truth is I've only ever taken prescription drugs but I'm off those now even :p for better or for worse. At least I've had the benefit of my memories literally like FLOODING back, been youtubing all the movie scenes I loved and songs and things like that. I /might/ be kinda depressed but with the influx of memory I don't even give a crap at this point?

Yeah depression sucks. If you are not on anything, I recommend picking up some good 5-HTP. You can take a low dose at night like 50mg. Get it from a reputable brand too.

My father actually takes the kratom still so I didn't get rid of it. I regret throwing the shrooms down the drain, probably the only thing. I also threw almost a gram of MDMA down the drain. Yeah, I have the craving to go smoke some weed. I live in New England and supposedly Massachusetts is opening up recreational cannabis cafes soon. I know that is going to test my will again. It is hard once you start.

Gotcha. Does your dad take kratom for pain relief? That's actually pretty cool. There's no way I could convince my dad to take a tablespoon of acrid kratom dust, no matter how useful it is :)

I feel you on the weed cravings. Weed is tough because it seems so benign, though personally it just kept me from doing anything productive or wanting anything greater in my life than hanging out and relaxing. I think it's easier when you're not around people in that lifestyle and who are working towards something more ambitious.

Yeah depression sucks. If you are not on anything, I recommend picking up some good 5-HTP. You can take a low dose at night like 50mg. Get it from a reputable brand too.

I was reading this article the other day here which concludes:

"Administering serotonin or dopamine amino acid precursors should never involve administration of only one amino acid. Improperly balanced amino acid precursors are associated with decreased efficacy, increased side effects, and depletion of the nondominant system"

So it may be worth forgoing the 5htp or at the very least looking more into it.

I was reading this article the other day here which concludes:

"Administering serotonin or dopamine amino acid precursors should never involve administration of only one amino acid. Improperly balanced amino acid precursors are associated with decreased efficacy, increased side effects, and depletion of the nondominant system"

So it may be worth forgoing the 5htp or at the very least looking more into it.

Yeah that is why people take l-tyrosine and 5-htp together except I don't like that mix. Everyone's body is different. I'm good with just a small dose of 5-HTP but I won't take it when I am on anything else.

is that like SaMe? Cause SaMe made me kind of manic :(

I hated SaMe. It gave me anxiety. Try 5-HTP, a small dose. If you get 100 mg capsules, split it up and take 50 mg at night. Make sure you aren't taking anything else though especially SSRI's etc.

Like a member here mentioned, it might be good to add L-Tyrosine to the mix to balance both dopamine and serotonin.

A good brand for 5-HTP is Nutricost 5-htp. You can get it on ebay for cheap and you get a good amount. I believe it is a 100 mg, so you can just put 50 mg on your tongue and drink it down with water. That's what I do. Maybe get some L-Tyrosine as well.