• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Things to look forward to after quitting heroin.

ladyhlove

Bluelighter
As I've posted in other posts, TODAY is my last day on heroin. I start an outpatient treatment program using suboxone tomorrow and I'm going to do whatever it takes to get off of this terrible drug.

What are things that you sober people love about not using H (or other hard opiates) again? These are the things I'm looking forward to! Feel free to add on:

-Having money again! I love to travel and I haven't been able to take any fun or interesting trips because I spend all of my money on h
-Not having to duck into a bathroom every hour or so to redose.
-Not having to lie to my friends and loved ones about my problem
-Not having to spend an hour + every night fighting traffic after work to make it to the dope man.
-Not having to wake up on a Saturday when I just wanna sleep in because I need to make sure I get my bag for the day
-Not having to sit with a calculator and figure out how to budget my drug problem with everything else.
-Not having to rebudget all the time because I can't stick with the drug budget I originally gave myself.
-Not having the constant fear that I might've left something behind somewhere that will get me busted (straw, powder residue, etc)
-Not worrying with each new bag if its cut with fent (a major problem where I live)

What about you? What are the things you look forward to or are now enjoying being off opiates???

Last edited:
-Not having to eat ridiculous amounts of fiber supplements to get a rabbit pellet that feels like a masonry brick to pass.
-Not having the ER nurse try to set an IV in my knuckles over and over just to ensure that I don't come back.
-Not being in 5 point restraints knowing that the ER is not equipped with a substance that will get me well even though I have a sack in the pocket of my jacket that is hanging over the chair.
-Not having to hook a tens unit up to my groin area and my underarms to shock me every 15 seconds to make sure I don't fall out and never wake up.
-Not having to worry if someone decided to play a fun jab a random guy with narcan game.
Basically the only things I HAVE to do today are sh!t and breathe. The rest are choices...

creativity, emotions, perceiving the world without a filter. being able to really connect to other people. not thinking about drugs the whole time (asides from craving, but it was worse while I was using)
it's tough at times, but being alive is so amazing.

So far the highlight has been the most enjoyable sex in a long time. I didn’t loose all my libido and had many gfs but damn Sex is so much more fun. It may be the one thing I cant get enough of. I’m new to sober life so I’m just adding the first thing that came to mind. More serious aspects to be aware of just don’t have that much clean time.