• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Long term effects post heroin addiction

Hypoeddy

Greenlighter
I read many things online about long term effects after getting clean, a lot of which I experience, but some things I experience the opposite. I'm curious what you all go through.

1) Do you have trouble feeling good or motivated? My experience was after about 6 months, I started taking wellbutrin for depression and this helped tremendously. I would get sweaty a lot under my arms which I think is a side effect of the wellbutrin, but that went away once i started running and I cut all processed carbs out of my diet.

2) Do you have cravings? After 4-5 months I stopped having cravings altogether. As a matter of fact I couldn't imagine how I ever got into it in the first place and I couldn't understand why I didn't get clean sooner. I actually did not like the effects of opiates afterwards, and I could go throgh a vicodin script without triggering cravings. I've always disliked the feeling of opiates and losing control of my own mind in a sense, being overcome with an unnatural and uncontrollable feeling until I wore off. I felt drugged and disliked it. I found all of these sentiments came back after I had been clean for about 4 to 5 months. I'm hoping this will happen again, and that it was not just the effect of getting clean through the use of iboga.