• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Fictional drugs.

MaliceNwunderland

Bluelighter
I feel like I've seen a thread on this subject before, but I searched and didn't find anything. So I guess I'll start my own...

Basically I want to start discussion on fictional drugs.
Can you think of any good ones? Anything you'd try?
Here's what I want:

The orange spice Melange(sp?) from Dune.
Pro's: Traveling anywhere, anytime. That'd be handy.
Con's: It kinda mutates yer ass and turns the whites of your eyes blue.

The black lotus from Robert E. Howard's Conan saga.
Pro's: You enter a K-hole style dream world where the trip is limited only by the exspanse of your mind. Create your own perfect world inside your head!
Con's: Some strains of the lotus are lethal poison, you gotta find the good shit.(like shroom hunting).
Lotus users stop giving a fuck about reality. (I know I would.)

Anybody else got any cool/crazy fictional drugs?

How about Huxley's Soma? From what I remember it puts you in a euphoric dream like state so you can experience orgaism. This is also the reason I tried somas... what a disappointment!

OR... William H Burroughs' Black catapillar from Naked Lunch.

Nice post! :)

Hey, this has a chance of being a really heady (pun intended) thread!

There's gotta be something from Alice in Wonderland.

Was the catatonia-inducing poison that Juliet took ever specified in Shakespeare?

I'll have to check now.

brb

Would the cup labelled 'Drink Me' in Alice in Wonderland count?

Any LOTR poisons?

I can't remember any D&D poisons.

Not that I ever played or anything.
Only geeks played that game, it makes you worship the devil. =D

i want to try that device from strange days that has been classified as a drug that let's you feel what it's like to be someone else...

triplekungfu said:
I always find myself willing Neo to take both. But then, I also wanted Neo to beat the crap out of The Architect in Reloaded and steal his pen.

Ack! Don't even make me think about that piece of crap movie.

Valkyre (sp?) from Max Payne seemed like fun, but also seemed to cause horrible horrible insanity.

^^^
Aww man you beat me to it.

BTW there were rules for using Somas in "Brave new world." Take one quarter of a pill for happiness, one half for, um...something, and a whole one for a little vacation that could last days.

Nexus One said:
Valkyre (sp?) from Max Payne seemed like fun, but also seemed to cause horrible horrible insanity.

That seems like a mix between Heroin and Dantura from what you see in the game. :\

i want to try that device from strange days that has been classified as a drug that let's you feel what it's like to be someone else...
hells yeah.. Wire-tripping

Definetely a Proton Pill.
For any people *sorely missing out* out there.. thats Roger Ramjet

Gaz_hmmmm said:
That seems like a mix between Heroin and Dantura from what you see in the game. :\

Good description, though you might throw in a pinch of PCP and and the mythical D.A.R.E. drug that makes you eat babies and kill your friends! That Valkyrie stuff scared the living crap out of me, what with the nasty flashbacks of blood and mayhem and all!

It seems no-one has mentioned the Fallout universe, a post-apocalyptic 'grown-up' kind of RPG that came out years ago and had me hooked on it's gritty reality.

There were several drugs in that game, some slightly performance enhancing for short periods but basically you ended up a drug addict quite easily. You could give yourself a special ability to handle your high, so you were less likely to get addicted.

The main drug of choice in those games was something called "Jet", and actually there's a VERY weird scene in Fallout 2 where you meet the teenage chemist that invented it. I swear to god, whoever wrote his dialogue has to have hung out here or on Shroomery, because... well, it was so dead on like a certain type of person I'm sure we've all met more than once!

Jet is basically a VERY euphoric stimulant with some hallucinogenic properties. I forget the details but he used radiated dung from some mutated cows as a precursor and then explained some of the process, pretty funny stuff, kind of a parody of a lot of methcooking faqs I've seen.

Anyway, there was also "Buffout" that was sort of a steroid that packed a punch, and something I believe was just called "Psycho", and predictably induces an intensely violent and psychotic state.

Anyway, great games :)

--- G.

AH I can't beleive no one remembered this one
the drugs from that sliders episode where everyone gets incredibly happy and just stays zonked out for their entire life.

Also in that catagory would have to be the drug (can't remember the name) from the movie Equilibirium sure it takes away all your emotions but at the same time you can calculate bullet tragectories(sp?) in your head and kick ass like some crazy neo-killing badass.

That's about it

in that ep of sliders, there were many different drugs, the one the negro got shot with seemed like LSD, where as the ones quinn and the chick were on in the house seemed like benzos. they never actually specify any drug.

The feathers (and the meta-feathers) - Vurt by Jeff Noon (hmm i wonder what made me think of that one)

The incredibly potent DMZ - Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace

Snow Crash - Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson

Last edited: