• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzo Withdrawal Question

T1gersxjaw

Bluelighter
Hi, so I had a question about triggering withdrawal from benzos.

So over the past year I was finally able to get off benzos--tapering down was one of the worst extended periods of my life. My heartbeat and breathing were all fucked up, my anxiety was tremendously worse than it ever had been, even prior to benzos, and I'd get panic attacks constantly.

Luckily, those symptoms have faded (though the anxiety is still pretty bad), and I no longer suffer from physical withdrawal symptoms.

My question then, is, if I've been completely off benzos for nearly 4 months now, am I at risk of triggering these symptoms again if I take benzos now??
I have some Klonopin left over, not a lot, but a couple, and sometimes I really get the itch to take them recreationally (and in a party environment where socialization is nerve-wracking).

I believe I've taken them once in the past 4 months, after a genuine panic attack (haven't had any since).

I know it's probably best to avoid them, but this is a harm reduction forum.

Thanks,

-TxJ

A single dose will not cause physical dependence

However it can happen again, of course. With frequent dosing, you can start to become dependent again. It is even possible, that having been dependent prior, predisposes you to dependency, that is, it you may more easily become addicted/dependent the second time round.

Again, a single dose will not, though be careful if you want to avoid dependency

Dependency and " addiction" being 2 different things

There is a phenomenon talked about at rehabs, and that I've experienced with alcohol, of a heightened withdrawal once you've already gone through a few. So, like the kindling concept with seizures: the more you have, the more likely you'll get them.

In other words, I won't get just a bad hangover now, after a single night of drinking. I seem to go straight to more withdrawal-like symptoms. But they aren't as intense or last as long as they do after a major booze adventure.

If you only had one tapered withdrawal, I don't think you'd need to worry about it with single doses. And if it happens, you can manage for a day, right?

Your biggest risk is relapse. You'll need to make sure that if that Klonopin feels too good you can't just eat the rest or run out and get more. If you can't get more, or it's just really difficult/expensive/time consuming/degrading, then why not, you'll just keep itching till they're gone.

Or you could just flush them.

^No way, not with poisonous methadone-corn-NMDAA-cancer in the water. We may actually create the T virus if we start dumping powerful nitro benzodiazepines and all of those late night twinkles into the water.

Or maybe it cures cancer, wtf do I know?

There is a phenomenon talked about at rehabs, and that I've experienced with alcohol, of a heightened withdrawal once you've already gone through a few. So, like the kindling concept with seizures: the more you have, the more likely you'll get them.

Yes, kindling is very real.

i would highly advise not to use benzos again if you've been depended on them before. Believe me I know certain situation can seem daunting and you always have in the back of your mind you can use benzos once and it will be great. But you need to learn to deal with these situations without the use of benzos to be completely free of them.