• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Valium 5mg short term harm reduction?

Tripotix

Greenlighter
I have been suffering with anxiety problems for as long as I can remember. (25 now.) been through some heavy addiction to stimulants from 22-25 which felt like it helped my anxiety first of course until I got addicted and just sat in my room filing my nose with drugs all day.. did over 100 psychedelic trips in about 2 years.. Lsd,2-cb,2-ce,2-ci,dmt and various mushrooms.. amphetamine being my primary addiction though as an artist.. never again. Evil shit. so I am sober now and have been for over 6 months. It is safe to say I am over getting fucked up, and my life is going great now! However.. My anxiety is very real and it stops me working and really living.. So I believeI do need a medication whether for short term relief or effective and safe long term relief. Through my research I found that Valium can be very effective in treating severe anxiety, and it's longer half life makes it a safer choice than most benzo's for anxiety relief. So, I got some and have been on 5mg a day for 2 weeks, The change in me has been amazing.. And I actually respect it too much to ever abuse it. So, I want to stop taking it daily and only use it when I really need it, so as not to make the same mistake as I previously have with addiction. Should I taper off though?? Any suggestions on a taper method?? I am not freaking out, I realise I am not going to have very severe withdrawals, but want to reduce any chance for any anxiety rebound effect.
I also take Shilajit, which is amazing, 100% natural and works in similar ways to Valium. It is not a drug though, It is a dense mineral pitch resin. Please look it up, It is super healthy and amazing for memory,energy,focus etc.. And has helped many people with Benzo withdrawal too. truly amazing stuff. if you are interested..[links to vendor, "amazing" "natural" "100%" endorsement]

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not expecting anything too in depth of course, literally just want to know a quick taper method to avoid any anxiety rebound that might come from stopping straight away. Do I half the dose for a few days then half again? Any advice is appreciated. I will be going to my doc also to explain things to him. peace.

Yes you should taper off, and there is no need to experience withdrawal if done correctly. Reduce to 2.5mg for a week or so, and then maybe miss every other day, if you want to play it safe. You can also do faster tapers but may experience withdrawal. The downside to a longer taper is having diazepam lying around and thinking "ive got enough here to take some for a few days, I'll just taper then", and then doing so.

Here is one of my drawing's by the way.. did this back when I was 16. Think it shows my anxiety overthinking for sure hehe..

13661779_10154340265899771_4950300330234638747_o.jpg

Damn. Those delicate trippers are drowning in DMT lava from those volcanoes of happy anxiety.

I think we have a forum for exhibiting member art, speaking of LAVA.

Unfortunately, I cannot diagnose a proper benzo taper from your artwork at this time. Simply not enough details included.

Otherwise, I agree with Tranced.

I see a giant pig sucking on a giant bear's nose, standing in some mountains. Oh and some light sodomy.

Last edited:
Oh shit, tubbs, you figured it out! She should do a slow taper, cutting her dose in half for like a week, then dosing half on intermittent days!

It's because you found "light" sodomy, that meant it was about comfort. And comfort from a mild benzo habit means: slow taper.

Lmfao, yeah that's what I meant, definitely wasn't delirium due to acute sleep deprivation. Thanks for explaining that for me scrofula, gotta keep it simple.

On a side note, I really do enjoy the artwork, very eye catching, and so many possible interpretations. The more you look the more you can see.

Also as scrofula and tranced have stated a slow taper would be your best bet.

Last edited:
On my 24" screen I'm drooling over this. You must have something on display in a gallery somewhere.. That's some redoubtable work!

I've read that shilajit increases testosterone somewhere. Exercise might help burn off any pent up energy that contributes to anxiety. So just a pinky finger Tubbs?

Thanks for the responses! I think anxiety and mental illness is simply a product of the madness of this reality that has been created to control us through education or as I call it, brain conditioning.. when you do not conform to this conditioning you are made to look crazy/strange. I think the people at very top have mastered the art of psychology and there for have created a recipe for hypnosis to make us believe that success is having the best jobs which really just means we compete to make more money that in turn makes them more in control as they take a portion of it for themselves. The world is like one big human factory.. True success is mastering your mind and your body and being the change you want to see in the world.. being free.. not letting them control you! Money is just part of a scheme to control us.. I am starting to see things more clearly.. those cheeky mind controlling bastards! Really happy you like the drawing. Got some more for you to see >>

tripocalypse_by_themarkzofmax-da9rk9b.jpg
nocturnal_by_themarkzofmax-davmivk.jpg
primal_instincts_by_themarkzofmax-d9yaiev.jpg
mondo_bizarro_by_themarkzofmax-db8u0qd.jpg

On my 24" screen I'm drooling over this. You must have something on display in a gallery somewhere.. That's some redoubtable work!

I've read that shilajit increases testosterone somewhere. Exercise might help burn off any pent up energy that contributes to anxiety. So just a pinky finger Tubbs?

Thanks so much, my drawings have not left my room yet.. maybe one day!

Definitely man, love it, definitely my favorite style of art, besides literature of course.

Really glad you like it. These are just my drawings, my real artwork is my life. I do not work per se, I prefer to say I do things.. work is too robotic.. Need to think my way out of this madness!

Lol isn't madness just the spark of creativity? I think someone famous said that once, you truly are gifted.

True, I love the sound of madness though.. It has a ring to it :p Appreciated man. We are all gifted, we just need to find it in our own psychology.. Control your own mind and nobody can stop you.. :) peace and love!

Absolutely, we're all special in our own way, it is our purpose to find it. The same to you as well man, good luck on your endeavors, and be sure to share that beautiful art often.

If those could be made into a 10' x 12' mural I'd buy it faster than a hiccup.

Do you notice changes in creativity with different substances?

OT: Valerian Root can help with the final stages of Benzo taper, I think Ashwaganda too..
1 Valerian is an herb sold as a dietary supplement in the United States. Valerian is a common ingredient in products promoted as mild sedatives and sleep aids for nervous tension and insomnia. Evidence from clinical studies of the efficacy of valerian in treating sleep disorders such as insomnia is inconclusive.

th
th

Ashwaganda~~~~~~~~~~~~~Valerian