• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Runny nose snorting more adderall than usual?

DaveHoffnung

Greenlighter
This question is for experienced adderall users.
First of all, taking adderall XR orally (crushed) gives me a much different feeling than snorting it does.
When I eat it I am calm and zone out everything around me and am incredibly focused.
It?s kinda like being stuck in your head and I don?t particularly like this feeling because it makes it hard to do anything other than studying.
However when I snort adderall, I get energy and my heart rate increases.
I get a very pleasant feeling that lasts all day and I am focused as well.
It is the opposite feeling as oral because instead of feelings trapped in my head I feel light on my feet and the feeling is much better.
the times before when i got this good feeling i snorted 20mg.
But the last two times i have snorted adderall i used 30mg and i immediately got a very very runny nose.
The runny nose probably caused me to swallow most of it.
And i felt that weird kinda unpleasent feeling i get from an oral dose of that size.
Does anyone know whats wrong and why i am getting that extremely runny nose?
Is snorting too much at a time causing this to happen because my nose can't handle so much powder?
If this is the case, who can recommend a good time frame to split up when i snort half and then the other half?
how long should i wait in between for good results?
thank you in advance!

Sure. When you eat amphetamine, it very gradually moves into your bloodstream, and slowly trickles across your brain, causing moderate stimulation. I like the headspace, but obviously it depends on what I"m doing. Stims seem to narrow focus, or at least exclude a lot of things from your attention. So cooking is actuallly really difficult when I'm spun, because I can't keep track of the stuff on the range while I'm very carefully slicing vegetables all neatly in perfect rows.

That effect is called "treatment" with "medicine". You're not supposed to enjoy it.

Snorting it sends it straight through your mucous membranes into your blood and a big wave of amphetamine hits your brain all at once. Dopamine sprays all over your brain lobes, norepinephrine then busts on all your glands, making your heart race, your face flush, that sex-sweat I talked about in a different thread; you feel warm and good.

That effect is called "getting high".

When you snort enough, you now start to chronically activate various brain receptors, some of which affect your thinking and perception. If you were to carry this out further, you'd have sleep deprivation added in, and you'd start hallucinating. You'd start having strange theories about what the crystals in your gum really do, is it for "flavor" like they say? Or something sinister . . .

That effect is called "getting spun". Or a lot of other words. Point is, if you do bigger doses, you'll start to notice it affects how you think, hours after you thought you got "high".

OK, I sometimes get a runny nose when snorting meth, and sometimes I don't. Obviously I have varying degrees of cutting agent that you don't. But I've noticed, after (finally) taking periodic breaks, a sort of nasal epithelial cycle. I think we essentially "burn" the tissue with the first use of a cycle, subsequent uses trigger a snot blanket to protect the raw tissue. As your nostril callouses up, the snot goes away.

Or maybe the change (20mg-30mg is a 50% increase) was just finally enough to trigger a snot reaction. I live in a place where you're lucky if your nose is not being snot-triggered, so I don't really put any concern into it. My guess, is your nose is normal, and the snot will subside in a couple days. You don't need advice on how to split it up, just break it in half, now and later. Earlier 20mg didn't cause snot, see if that's still the case.

For best results, you should wait as long as you possibly can between doses.

And really, for best results, you should take your damn medicine as prescribed.