• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Withdrawal Ease/Recovery Ease

twang

Bluelighter
I did a search for titles only and didn't find anything about this stuff. Sorry if this has already been discussed. I was wondering if anyone has tried this stuff and had success with it?
bundle-we-re_grande.jpg

Going through my old dresser the other day and found these. Forgot I had purchased them. I guess I planned to get clean a couple years ago and then decided not to and never used them. The bottle of Night Time Withdrawal ease I have has a bunch of empty capsules in it, I remembered I realized I wasn't really going to get clean and needed to hide some heroin while I was travelling and the capsules are opaque so I emptied a bunch of them out and used them to transport heroin to Colorado...ironic..
Anyways, I'm back on bupe now so I don't plan to use this stuff. But I was still wondering if anyone here has tried it and what you thought about it? I just looked it up and for the 4 bottles its <snip>. I don't even know how I had that much money to drop when I was using heroin everyday. I still have all 60 capsules of the day and night time "Recovery Ease" and 42 capsules of the day time "Withdrawal Ease"....is it worth keeping them around?

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps you can post a list of ingredients? Chances are it will only provide marginal relief at best. Supplements are very limited in value when it comes to acute opioid withdrawal, though some can be helpful for PAWS/etc. I don't think it is worth throwing them out, but don't set your expectations too high. Definitely NOT worth that much money though...

Yup, after a quick search it looks like an incredibly effective way of accomplishing nothing but wasting your money. Such a shady company...

I'll post some pics of the ingredient list, too many to list off. Just wanted to post and apologize for listing the price...I didn't realize posting retail prices of stuff for sale on the internet was prohibited too...I just thought prices of street drugs was

The policy can get a little weird at times, but it serves a point. Not a big deal in this case, so no worries.

No disrespect to you, OP, but it really bums me out that companies prey on people who are anxious for help with dubious supplements. I'm starting to think we should have a thread about telling the difference between medically tested interventions, novel/untested ones and outright bogus offerings.

Thank you for bringing this issue back on the radar.

Day Time Recovery Ease:
SD5xO64.jpg

Night Time Recovery Ease:
UJ2L0zb.jpg

Day Time Withdrawal Ease
T3NXFWV.jpg

Night Time Withdrawal Ease
zRuMUbk.jpg

Thanks for posting that info twang. Yes, none of that stuff is particularly helpful. It's basically a multivitamin plus OTC supplements that don't really do anything significant when it comes to withdrawal or recovery. Not saying it is entirely useless, just that the claims are basically bullshit and it's a bit of a rip off. That money could be spent on actually comfort meds. This doesn't qualify.

simco: Agreed. It is really an exploitive industry, preying upon a general lack of understanding when it comes to addiction and a tendency people have to look for quick fixes. But hey, welcome to the recovery industry, right? I like the idea of a dedicated thread to raise awareness about what are otherwise essentially scams (at least in terms of advertised effects; haha part of me feels like a large part of popular medicine would fall into this category...).

It really is a shame that company's exploit people when they're at their weakest. I remember when I went to rehab a few years ago there were so many young kids who had been through it 3, 4, 8 times. Doing the math; that's their entire college tuition! I hope you didn't spend too much on those supplements. Not to mention, they're expired...

I feel like there is something wrong with the system when someone with little to no formal training can make more working at a rehab than someone with a lot of professional training can make working at a major hospital. Soooooo much money in the recovery industry - most families will go to extreme lengths to try and help their loved ones, particularly when there is a supposed professional or expert making it seem like their way is the only real option... Synanon style treatment really fucked the industry up, and still does.

Woah...I had never heard of this Synanon institution. Interesting Wikipedia read...

And yes GIBS, I know they're expired, not that it matters because I don't think I'll ever be taking them. How much do expiration dates really apply to medication? I know some are different than others but I feel it's just a way for these companies to make more money so if someone lees something past it's expiration date they're inclined to buy the product again.

Has anyone here used the product "Triphala"?
It's a combination of Amalaki, Haritaki, and Bibhitaki. Among many other things, it promotes digestive regularity, which I don't have to tell you opiate users and abusers is a major problem for all of us. I've been sick with congestion in my chest and sinuses for almost a week now and while I was hanging out with the lady she told me about this stuff and told me she takes it every day. We've been exchanging fluids the entire time I've been sick and she hasn't gotten whatever sickness I have. dunno if that's because she takes this stuff every day or if I'm just not contagious but she gave me a bunch of it to try out to help with this sickness I have, and even after two days I've noticed the benefits from it. I'm taking 12-16mg suboxone a day right now and my bowel movements are limited to one a day, sometimes more but they're very small if so. I know water is the biggest key, but I've found this stuff to be very beneficial and when I run out of what she gave me I plan to buy a bottle and start taking it regularly as well.
If you just google Triphala, you can read about its benefits in the first few links

Yeah, synanon was bonkers. I'm so glad I grew up in CA in the 70s ;)

Just get the vitamins you need individually.

I have two gallon bags full of vitamin bottles, one of the bags (and probably some of the bottles in the other one) were all vitamins/supplements I got specifically for opiate withdrawal. When I got that withdrawal/recovery ease I must have just had money to blow and dreams in my head of getting off dope easier and made a silly decision without doing any research.

Be aware that these have not been tested by the FDA so that ingediant list could be total bullshit.