• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adverse reaction with opiates and sub

meow_9

Greenlighter
Hello everyone, long time reader first time poster. Im looking for any ideas or explanation for what I just experienced, as my searches have not turned up anyone experiencing anything similar. I'm a 29 yo female average size.

Reading up about taking opiates while on suboxone yielded only positive results, that the user was able to get high or worse case, the sub blocked the opiate and they didn't feel it. I used to be addicted to any opiate i could get my hands on, had about 5 years with them daily so i know the feeling well. I've been on sub for a few months now taking 8mg a day, 4 in the morning and 4 at night. Today I took my morning 4mg and came across a rare opportunity to buy an oxy OP 60mg. It wasn't from the most reliable source but it definitely looked like an op 60. In my old days a 60mg oxy would barely phase me, and since I've been on sub for awhile I'm guessing my tolerance is, well, not low.

Anyway i decided since I've heard the OPs are hard to snort/smoke that I would just eat it, so i crushed the whole pill up into chunks and chased them down with some juice. I figured like i read, I would either get a nice high or not feel it. But about 30 minutes later i started feeling ill, and a general dysphoria/unwell. This increased into a full blown bizarre reaction, i got an extreme hot flush with red skin and felt a pin prickly sensation all over my body, my chest got tight and i got tunnel vision and everything was blurry. My breathing became shallow and i felt like i might pass out.

I got scared so i drank some water, it was hard to swallow, and put a fan in front of myself but the feeling would not go away. It wasn't an opiate feeling, i know that feeling well, it was something else, a terrible feeling. It soon grew into a panic as i was thinking what the hell could this be, a bad mix with my sub this morning? Could that pill have not been an op 60 and i got scammed? It looked just like the pic on Google.

FINALLY the feeling dissipated, gradually over the next 2 hours. And now I'm sitting here 3 1/2 hours since i took it and feel almost back to normal, not quite. I feel a light opiate high in the background, but still just an uncomfortable, out of it, not good feeling. With a light headache. Something bizarre happened.

I'm not in the habit of being this irresponsible with mixing drugs, I've taken a few percs before while on my sub and i was just fine. Maybe the OPs have something in it im reacting bad to? I've never taken the OPs before just the old school oxys years ago. I hope I don't sound too crazy and I'm just happy that the feeling is almost gone and I'm fine, but would love to know if anyone has experienced similar or can take a guess at what happened. Definitely not going to do that again.

Thank you for reading

Wow, this does sound bizarre. I really am glad you're okay. I really wish I had the answer for you, but there is no way I could diagnose the issue; all i can do is speculate. Do you think that this reaction could have been due to all your opioid receptors being blocked and not enough time to let them open back up before dosing the 60mg, resulting in a subpar high? I have a series of questions for you though. You mentioned that the person you obtained it from was unreliable. any chance it was pressed, or fake? Do you remember the print on the pill, what was it? Have you taken any other medication other than the 4mg of suboxone, prior? I have heard of precipitated withdrawals from taking an suboxone after an opiod, but I haven't heard of it working the other way around (Taking an opioid after suboxone). and even if this has happened, your reaction doesn't seem like a withdrawal.
Once other BLers see this post, maybe they can come more correct with facts and input.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the reply. I also considered precip withdrawal but like you said I've only read that's when you take the sub after an opiate, if so I would have expected to wake this morning in withdrawal but i didn't, just felt like i missed my sub dose last night.

At one point I thought about taking more sub to see if it could knock the bad shit off my receptors but then went well if it's not an opiate that wouldn't help and might make things worse. I thought if it gets too much worse i could go to the hospital i guess, which is extreme for me to say, but what could they really do for me? They'd probably give me narcan and idk if that's the problem here. So I just tried to talk myself down mentally and ride it out, texted my boyfriend and told him to come check on me before he goes to his night shift lol, make sure I'm still conscious.

The only substances I had that day were the 4mg in the morning, my birth control pill, and weed. I'm a chronic daily smoker for years so def not a problem with the mj.

As far as my source, it is a girl Ive known for years that i wouldn't say I'm friends with but more of an acquaintance, she usually has whatever you need and gets it from many places. But when you mentioned the pressed/fake thing, it reminded me that her ex-boyfriend got out of prison not that long ago for stamping fake xanax pills. He ordered alprazolam powder and had a whole operation with several guys and they looked almost identical to the real xanax. I called her this morning and of course she denied that they were fake, but said that she DID get them from him. But swears she saw them come out of a script bottle. She could tell i was upset though so I don't how honest she was being. I prob should have played it more cool. But why fake op 60s? It's just a weird thing to press when you could do something more popular like roxy 30s.

And one thing i will say about the way they looked, they had OP on one side and 60 on the other, and the color was a reddish pink like it should be, nothing obv stood out, wish i would have taken a pic. However when i crushed it up into chunks it broke apart easier than I was expecting. Everything i read online about OPs say how hard it is, even with a razor, to crack it open. But like I said before, I've never actually had OPs so idk.

Honestly the more I'm reading online the more I'm wondering if I got one of those fentanyl laced pills. Fentanyl was one of the few opiates I never tried, I was mostly into oxy and h. A lot of people are saying they don't like it because it doesn't feel like a normal opiate to them, they feel strange and not good. Of course others say they got high as a kite. So i don't know but it's the closest thing I've read to what I felt so far. But why make it look like an op 60? That doesn't make sense, and if it was fent why didn't I get any itching or typical opiate sensations? Ahh, guess I'll never know. But if it was then I'm glad I have a higher tolerance and didn't get 2 of them. It was just scary I could feel myself blacking out and couldn't do anything about it. I still have a weird pill hangover feeling today, but it's getting better as more time passes.

I had fent pressed 30s within the passed 2 months. I didn't know they were fent until after i took one. It was complete bull shit, i was so mad, but also just glad i had something. Anyways, I didn't intend for you to call anyone out. So I apologize for that. I was just brain storming. If I were you, I wouldn't worry about it anymore sense it's all over with. Just take it as a lesson -- the universe telling you to stick to what works; sub program. I don't mean to sound lame about it, but it does seem like the suboxone was working for you. just remember why you got on subs in the first place.
I wish you the best, and i am glad you are alright. Just learn from it and move forward.
Much love,
Lucifer

Yeah I'm just going to move on and learn. Thanks for the help just talking to someone about it was helpful. Don't apologize I was already on the suspicion that i got scammed and planning to ask the chick. And yeah the sub program has been a miracle for me honestly this was the first time i "used" in the last 6 months. I thought I could just give myself a little reward or break since I've been so good for so long and have a high night then go back to normal but now I see it's not worth it. Just sticking to my good ol sub and weed. I'm getting too old for much else ?

And i still think its a strange coincidence that they did for sure come from a guy who has been known to make fake pills.

yeah you can use opiates if your on suboxone you have to wait around 48 hours ...especially if you took a sub and then an opiate within the same day you will go into IMMEDIATE WITHDRAWL

Ok so check this out I found out exactly what happened. I called a damn pharmacist and just straight up told them the situation and asked them what the hell could have caused my experience, it was just bugging me not knowing and I thought id take a stab at asking someone who does pills for a living. The pharmacist knew EXACTLY what i was describing.

She said it has nothing to do with the subs, or anything else. OP oxy, as many know by now has the anti-abuse ingredient in it that makes it gel up if you try to smoke, snort, or shoot it. Also makes it harder to break into powder. BUT she said sometime last year Purdue Pharmaceuticals added a 2nd anti-abuse ingredient into the pill, that makes it where if you break or crush the pill and then swallow it and it passes through your liver will make you VIOLENTLY ILL. If you take the pill whole the new ingredient dissolves too slow to affect you but even breaking it in half makes it all absorb at once and you will feel like you are dying for about 2 hours. She said it wasn't naloxone, nothing that makes you withdrawal, just a deterrent to make you extremely sick. She said they also put it in pills they give to alcoholics to make them sick if they drink.

Im 100% confident now that's what happened. Thought id share to let yall know. Just to test this and to make up for last night i got a regular oxycodone 20mg tonight that was not an OP, did it, and i was fine. But after this I'm done taking opiates with my sub anymore. Crazy stuff.

haha it was truly bugging you to not know what caused the reaction. Good call to ask a pharmacist.
And wow. That's crazy for a company to create something like that (anti-abuse ingredients). I mean it makes sense, to an extent but wow. Those multimillion dollar pharm corporations are so sly. If you ever feel like you owe yourself a "reward" and may slip up again, or need to talk to anyone. Just drop by here at BL. It is a great community.
I'm glad you got the answer you were looking for.
Good luck,
LS