• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

need help getting my partner home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

infinitirose

Greenlighter
A little over 3 months ago my fiancé overdosed on heroin. He had been in recovery for 5 months when he went to Ohio for a job. Luckily he was revived but taken to jail. I stay home full time with our infant son, and have no babysitting and haven't been able to get state aid. His little brother has been letting us stay with him but now that he's about to be released I have no way yo get him home! I have no money for a bus ticket and I don't want to leave him stranded there! Regardless of my personal feelings, there's the fact that I feel living on the streets there will definitely negatively affect his chances of sobriety. He already has a job set up when he gets here, it's just the getting here part we're having trouble with. If anyone can help, I've set up a go fund me and would appreciate it. Or if you have any advice as to charities or assistance programs that'd be amazing! I've tried travelers aid and they won't help. He is a member of the choctaw Indian tribe and has had a roll number. The local office here said they only help with jobs and housing/utilities. I've also contacted the local churches that said basically the same, plus food and mental health help. Anything helps, any advice would be appreciated. He will be released in 3 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to close this thread for now pending guidance from senior staff. Obviously blue light has no way to verify the validity of this story send money at your own risk.

Last edited:
We don't allow soliciting of any kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.