• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

my life story-- where drugs took me & how i got help

Tyler650r

Greenlighter
Throughout my life I had always considered myself to be very responsible. I did what I was told; I tried my best to help others, and had a good job that I was good at.
One day I wrecked a motorcycle which in turn caused me to be prescribed multiple pain pills. I took these for over a month before I noticed I was beginning to rely on them for relief from pain. I then decided to talk to my doctor about this. He immediately decided to take me off of them. Instead of dealing with the pain of withdrawal I decided to start purchasing oxycodone 30s from some people I worked with.
Throughout the course of about a year I was still the same person and contributing to society. I thought I was responsible even though I was spending hundreds of dollars a day on my drug problem. But I was still responsible right? Unfortunately I had a large savings account with almost $30,000 in it. Before I knew it, it was almost gone.
Once I realized I could not afford to keep this habit up I started using heroin. I began stressing out about drugs and money to continue my nasty habit. It was turning into more problems than I knew it was worth. I was so stressed out I began turning myself into a liability to myself and those around me I started justifying my actions with the fact I was using drugs. But doesn’t that mean that by using drugs I was irresponsible? I began showing up late to work and many other things that I wouldn’t have done sober. I did so many petty things like this I started feeling worthless and unproductive. I started to cause my family and girlfriend great worry and disappointment by secluding myself and becoming very depressed.
It took a long time to get back to the way things were before, but it all started by losing the drugs. I decided to check myself into a rehab and confront my problems. I dealt with the paws symptoms for many months. But today it’s been over 10 months since I last did an opiate and didn’t know I could ever feel this good again!