• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

liver enzymes

tremours

Bluelighter
ive been thinking about this for a few weeks, but i feel fine my doctor told me a 15 count is nourmal for liver enzymes and mine is a little higher than that, if you can call 700,000 a little more, shit at this point i dont care i think liver cancer is in my future. i d rather die

Did your doctor indicate that this is connected to drinking at all? Are you still drinking?

Hang in there glitter_kiss <3

my doctor didnt seem realy concerned but she did refer me to a liver study thing to start treating my hep c, the weird thing is i thought she said my levels were normal the time before, hopefully i can start the hep c treatment and get that taken care of before anything permanent occurs

I know this is no miracle drug but i feel it helps ive been taking Milk Thistle on and off for most of the 20+ years i was on oxy it cant hurt.
Good Luck to you Kiss i hope all turns out good.

my doctor didnt seem realy concerned but she did refer me to a liver study thing to start treating my hep c, the weird thing is i thought she said my levels were normal the time before, hopefully i can start the hep c treatment and get that taken care of before anything permanent occurs

I need to get tested for HCV again. Am rather scared. Best of luck <3

Glitter Kiss, do you know approximately how long you've had hepatitis c? The reason I ask is because before I found out I had it, I had blood work done and my ALT/AST numbers were very high. (I had quit drugs but drinking heavily) About two years later when I got health insurance back, my numbers were not as high but still abnormal so my doctor ordered further testing. That's when I found out that I had it- genotype 3-A.

My viral load was 770,000 which is moderately high but the genotype determines which course of antiviral medication to proceed with. Many people can use a 12 week treatment but I needed 24 weeks to clear it. (I also have cirrhosis and fatty liver from years of drinking) It was undetectable after treatment last year but I do need to be checked again to make sure it didn't return. With these new medications available, you can beat this. Don't give up! :)

ive had it for approximately 7 years, my viral load was about 716,000 im not sure on the genotype, but my tests are coming back kinda weird stopped doing drugs, but of course cant quit drinking which if i dont get this taken care of is going to realy hurt me in the long term