• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox Getting ready for a TIANEPTINE detox, ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Nisha Fect

Greenlighter
Well this is my first thread so I hope I'm doing everything right (feel free to let me know if I'm not, although I'm sure you will). I'm just another one of these douchebags mercilessly addicted to tianeptine sodium. My story is typical. One of my teeth fillings fell out, and before I could get to the dentist the tooth got damaged and pretty much crumbled and very quickly became infected. I had made an appointment with the dentist, but the pain became so severe that I decided to check myself into the emergency room. The doctors agreed that I was in great pain and prescribed me some oxys to hold me over until I could get my tooth addressed. Long story short, that started a 2 1/2 year addiction to opiates that has cost me thousands of dollars, my credit (I'm now forced to file chpt 11 bankruptcy), my health, and many relationships. After quite a few unpleasant experiences of withdrawal, I eventually found kratom, which was nice for a while. For some reason I wanted to try something new, so I moved on to tianeptine, and holy shit am I in deep now. I just cannot believe how quickly you can build a tolerance to this stuff, it really is quite amazing. I swear that every day I use it my tolerance goes up another 50 mg. I'm up to about 3 grams a day, give or take(mostly give), and I don't even feel it anymore. I have felt the withdrawals come on before, but have always managed to score before they really took off....until last weekend.

So I ran out Saturday morning and decided I was gonna try and take a "tolerance break"...LO-fucking-L. Well I made it through the day and night, and the next morning I began to feel the familiar come on of the withdrawal, to which I thought "No big deal, I'll just deal with this for a few days and then I'll be good as new". WRONG! By noon I was having the most intense cold sweats I have ever felt, my mind was a fog, the world felt like it was tilting back and forth, and my legs seemed like they wanted to just run me right through the fucking wall. I called my source, they said they would be around at 12:30. I was crushed that I was going to have to wait another 4 hours to dose, and I didn't know how I was going to do it. I read somewhere that loperamide can help, so I bought some generic brand and took about 40 mg. For all I know it made me feel worse, I certainly didn't get any better. So by the time 3 o'clock rolls around everything I was feeling at noon had amplified ten-fold, and I still had a 1 1/2 hour drive to get to my source so I could finally end the misery. I made it about halfway there and had to pull over, I just couldn't take it. I curled up in a ball on my front seat and just laid there moaning for I don't know how long. Finally I mustered up the strength to get back on the road. When I finally saw my source walking down the sidewalk to my car, you would have thought I was witnessing the second coming of Jesus Christ I was so excited. About 40 minutes later I was pretty much back to my normal self, but intensely exhausted from the whole ordeal. I implore any of you who are thinking of trying tianeptine, just DON'T.....DON'T, DON'T, DON'T! And if you've just started with it stop NOW.

Anyways, I realize this is only going to get worse and worse, so I'm gonna give it another go this weekend since it's a 3 day weekend for me. I plan on taking my last dose Friday morning, and spending the weekend hold up in my home with plenty of water and fruit for the 3 days. Hopefully by Monday I'll at least be well enough to go to work, but I'm expecting to still feel quite crappy. What I'm hoping from you guys is anything you can give as far as help/advice/resources that will help me get through this. Honestly I'm downright frightened for the weekend to come. Here are some specifics about my situation:

- I take 300 Wellbutrin a day for depression, and I will say that I didn't exactly become intensely depressed during withdrawal as some people have said they did. I guess I could attribute that to the Wellbutrin?

- I've read that fruit pectin may help with the restless legs issue, can anyone verify this?

- I have a resource for Tramadol, I'm wondering if that may help?

- I'd like to write about my progress throughout the weekend, is the best way to do that to edit this post every time I have something to say? (I'm completely new to bluelight and forums in general)

So again if anyone has any advice at all for what I'm about to put myself through, I can't tell you how much I would appreciate it. I feel so dumb for getting myself into this mess, but the trauma from last weekend is enough for me to say for sure that I am completely done with opiates and opiate like substances, even kratom. This will be the last time I withdrawal from anything. Thank you and God bless.

Last edited:
Welcome to BL and SL Nisha! How much tianeptine have you been using on the average day? How long have you been using it?

I didn't have time to read your entire thread, but tramadol will do a hell of a lot of see you through withdrawal. You will have to be careful not to take two much tramadol given you're also on Wellbutrin (seizures can become an issue when you use more than 400mg of tramadol I believe), but I have a feeling it will make a huge difference.

There is also at least one other person who has written about coming off tianeptine for SL, and you can find their journals in the SL Directory:
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/819278-Tianeptine-lyrica-withdrawal-HELP?highlight=tianeptine

Yeah that person was me. The absolute best advice I can give you is that if you are able to get lyrica and tramadol you will effectively be able to mute the withdrawals. You could add some loperamide in for good measure. Thats up to you and how you feel. If you look at my thread in order to get off i had to take un godly amounts of loperamide and dxm to mute my withdrawals but i was on a much higher dose than you around 8-10g. But as i said had i had access to tram and lyrica i would have used that instead. The SNRI effects of tram is what will be a real help. Because i dont care what anyone says Tia does seem to effect serotonin in a way that once abused to much your brain goes hay wire. The second i started taking anything that effects serotonin even dxm i started to feel better. Good luck buddy let us know how you do. Im clear now and feel so much better. Whatever you do, please get comfort meds and stuff to repair that serotonin because CT will last a month where as i was clear in abour 4 days. And fine with no meds after that. And i get the last a month thing from many members of the tia subreddit reporting it lasting that long.

I posted a reply to you but I don't see it, somehow I fucked that up lol. But to sum it up, thanks so much for your input and experience, I feel a little more at ease after reading your story, and I'm inspired to beat this completely this weekend. I'll be posting my progress on this thread I guess, maybe twice a day. Again, thanks so much.

I haven't even been on it that long, I think last December was when I started. I've been doing between 3-4 grams a day for about 2 months now, I never tried to go higher than that. Thanks so much for the information, it was extremely useful and now I'm much more confident I can beat it this weekend.