• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

oh god any advice on wellbutrin withdrawll and opiate.

d3athadone

Bluelighter
Sup guys. I'm on day 9 opiate withdrawal and I guess a little wellbutrin withdrawal. I dropped from 300 to 150 about 9 days ago too. I havn't gotten any sleep its driving me crazy. I am actually a master sleeper, and a master sleeper during withdrawals. I can usually sleep a shit ton during withdrawls. This time no cigar, and also extreme restlessness. Much more than normal. I just can't take it anymore. I was getting 2 hours of sleep a night annd now im getting 4 broken hours a night where I wake up every hour. Its driving me fucking nuts. I don't know if its cuz I dropped the wellbutrin lvls or what. I dropped them because I figured 300mg of wellbutrin too much to be on during withdrawls.

At this point I just want off the wellbutrin completely but i hear u can get insomnia from stopping it?!?!? I dunno what to do. I got the extended release tablets and now I think I am just going to cut them into 1/4s and take a 1/4 twice a day to effectively make my dose 75 mg? I dont know about cutting ER tablets. I just cant take this anymore. Please help lol <3

I wouldn't cut the wellbutrin dose any further. I can't remember what opiate your kicking but unless it's sub or methadone you should be feeling much better by day 9. So that leads me too believe your in wellbutrin withdrawal. I don't know much about anti depressant withdrawal. But I guess the question is whether going back up in dose would relieve your symptoms

I agree with cj that you're best off waiting a bit before tackling the bupropion any further. There isn't an issue cutting the extended release pills (or at least there never was for me), but I suggest you give your body a bit more time to stabilize before getting off the bupropion.

What is causing you to want off the Wellbutrin OP? It can be a helpful medication in dealing with depression, anxiety and cravings. I certainly found it useful to stay on it for a few months after I quit methadone.

oh I wanted off it just cuz it wasnt letting me sleep. SO usually I would wake up around 5am after getting to sleep at 1am. That happened again this morning, but instead of taking my usual 150mg of wellbutrin I took like 35mg instead and ate a bunch of potatoes, well didnt I pass back out and continue to sleep for like like 10 hours!! its now 5pm! Thank the stars!! I think that shits just too stimulating during opiate withdrawl. I don't really want off the wellbutrin, I just wanted to sleep.

Well that sounds like a damn good reason to at least lower your dose! If there isn't a sleep medication being used, Wellbutrin definitely can produce some insomnia. I was only taking like 150mg or 75mg (I think 150mg) when I was detoxing from methadone, but I was also taking trazadone for sleep. With Wellbutrin, I know that the side effects seem to become much more dramatic over 200mg than before.

Keep it at a low dose and see how things go. Kudos on keeping up with your kick d3athadone!

Glad you got some sleep. Also congrats getting through opiate withdrawal that's a huge accomplishment.