Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Weak drugs

BigTrancer

Bluelight Crew
Hi everyone,

In the interests of harm reduction, I hereby request that people please refrain from making comments such as "These are weak, you'll need to double-drop"... or "Not the strongest pills, average user will need 2 to get a decent buzz".

It's never in the interests of harm reduction to recommend that people take a double dose of anything, much. Since that's what we're ostensibly here for, HR and education, it should suffice to say that the drugs were weak "in your opinion" and let people make the decision on dosing for themselves. By all means say how many you normally have, and compare the dose that way, but it makes me cringe every time I see someone post 'you'll need 2'. That kind of comment begs for someone to take it out of context, even if it's made in the most general and careful way.

BigTrancer :)

i often fall inot the trap of saying stuff like what youre referring to.
its easy to do coz i forget that people dont really know me, and know how to take my comments.
sometimes its also hard to relay sarcasm or sinisism etc.
but yes i agree, i and we do need to be more and very carefull.
others do see this info board as gospel and take our advice.
so yes i will endeavor to be more HM oriented with my posts.
thanks for the heads up.

Good point BT.

The "average user" recommendation has always struck a chord with me... I'd like to slap everyone who has ever used it because I'm sorry to say that unless you a. have a measurement for tolerance/sensitivity to MDMA and b. figures regarding how many people consider themselves active MDMA users in Australia... You have no fucking idea what an average user is... Detailed knowledge of the 5-20 people in your peer group isn't even enough to be making calls on "averages".

I'd like to add that tolerance plays a part in this too. What if you forget you've got an uber tolerance from dropping 2-3 every weekend, and recommend others take two of the pills in question... Think of the poor first timers and newbies out there who might have an unpleasant or possibly harmful experience after reading that. Please post conscienciously :)

Without going into quality of the experience, 4 quick reasons why I feel multiple dosing should not be encouraged or recommended.

• A "normal" dose or suggested dose of MDMA is supposedly 120mg, certainly not too much to be in one tablet, but possibly enough to cause neurotoxicity. Of course not all tablets are 120mg or higher, but some undoubtedly are.
  • 99.9% of users cannot get an accurate assessment of quantities present, or whether x,y and z - which don't show up with testing kits - are also present.
  • Ultimately, all the 5HTP and Vit C in the world won't stop the damage from prolonged heavy use. (Those who do several pills once a week could certainly be called heavy users by those who have 1 pill a month and think it is ample).
  • Double dropping doubles costs, financial and otherwise

IMO there is no real question that any and all advice given should be to start with less, whatever a pill's subjective ratings. I think this should apply across the board - even to pill reports. after-all, the number system with a good written description should suffice without having to say, "it's a great pill but you need to double drop"

The only problem I see with this ruling is the possibility that it may ultimately lead to restrictions being placed on describing experiences, as people may use this excuse to validly convey the same message. e.g. "...can't advise you to take 4 but I did and it was fuckin unreal..."

I don't think there is anything wrong with recommendations providing all other factors are layed out.

When I describe a pill I always state how often I generally take pills, other drugs taken with it and what other pills I have considered strong. I also relay experiences of other people in my company on the same pill in the same setting and their background. This way, if I recommend to double drop it is obvious why.

As an example, the recent @ symbols in Perth that some refer to as "smooth, clean and cruisy" I refer to as just damn weak. Assuming that 120mg is a pretty strong of your face roll, these are about 50mg.

As for my report on these, look in the perth thread around a month ago.

But generally, i also get ticked off when people say things, in almost a bragging tone, that for a good roll you need two. Or something like, "only if you are experienced" - dunno if I am making sense, but hope people get the gist of the wankers I am referring to.

BT

From my post on the blanks when I said "I would say that you would need 2 of them to get a buzz out of it" I did not mean in any way to double drop. I maybe said it the wrong way, maybe I should have said this.

"You may not get much of an effect from one pill, they are quite weak, but they have potential to be a very good pill and they are clean"

Would saying it that way be better?

Good call... :)

The problem with saying stuff like "you need 2 pills" is that often people come on bluelight to justify their use. As bad as that might sound, I believe that it's true for some people (not the majority, but for some).

People in general tend to believe what they want to hear. A lot of people can read 10 things that are negative and then stumble across one positive thing and jump on it (and this doesn't just have to be about drugs). So we should minimise the things we say that could act as a basis for people justifying their behaviour.

Note that I'm not refering to the majority, and probably not even many posters. But it's often the lurker that's never posted before who we can really make a difference to...

(I hope this came across how I meant it - please ask for clarification if this hasn't made sense, cos I'm fuckin tired) :)

others do see this info board as gospel and take our advice

i also get ticked off when people say things, in almost a bragging tone

keeping these two perspectives in mind, i re-read over the microdot thread and the general feeling was that microdots were THE most uber-strong "single dose" acid experience i was likely to buy. for all the newbies out there i refrained from comment in line with two quotes above, however for all the newbies out there, there are also people like me, and i felt i should put a different perspective on their strength. i guess its brought the wider issue of strength to the forefront so that is a good thing in itself.

sorry about the confusion guys:)

great point

everyone has different reactions to different drugs. what can give one person a mild buzz could be the next persons rid of a lifetime.. we've all seen it happen