• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How to IV those damn waxy morphine pills

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaoulDuke1147

Greenlighter
(I ONLY USE THIS METHOD FOR THE MALLINCKRODT AND ENDO BRAND MORPHINE SULFATE PILLS THAT TURN INTO A THICK WAXY PASTE AS SOON AS THEY COME INTO CONTACT WITH WATER)
I recently came into possession of some Endo (E653) 30 mg morphine pills and the little bastards gell up somthin fierce as soon as they come into contact with water. I figured they were impossible to IV untill I stumbled upon this method of separating the wax from the solution and it works like a charm. Aside from the regular tools of the trade you will need a cotton ball and one of those large needleless syringes that has a screw on cap at the end and come filled with saline solution. (The ones they use at the hospital to flush the IV lines out after they inject somthing through them) Take the plunger out of said needleless saline syringe and pack a piece of the cottonball down into it so that it covers the opening and screw the cap on. It is best to use as little as needed but make sure that it is enough to make a good barrier between the plunger and the hole. Nos you need to crush the pill to a fine powder, put it in a large spoon and add about a half of a standard insulin syringe worth of water. Mix it up good and then use a lighter to heat the solution untill it begins to bubble. As soon as it does then add another half a syringe of REALLY COLD water to it and give it a stir. (This will cool the solution down and solidify any melted wax in your solution) Now pour your solution into your needleless saline syringe with the cottonball filter inside (Make sure the cap is on!). Now put the plunger back in it and make sure you are holding it over whatever you are going to be squirting it into before you take the cap off and then press the plunger down as far as you can so you squeeze out as much of the water out of the wax as possible. If your filter worked correctly you should have a clear solution that has no wax and, unless you are going to run it through a wheel filter first, is ready for IV.

Last edited:
At least filter it through a wheel filter if you have to i.v. pills. They can be bought cheap off ebay if you buy a 100 pack...

I understand that if you are going to be banging anything, especially pills, then you technically should use a wheel filter. What you have to realize that most people who use a needle obviously are OK with gambling with their health and aren't going to spend their money on wheel filters, they'd rather buy more drugs. When it comes down to it people are going to get the job done with the tools on hand and giving them a method that does just that does more in the name of harm reduction then just telling them to use a wheel filter.

This was my method for years, when I joined blue light I learned that heating the ER morphine pills is a no-no, it causes long term damage to veins this way. It can lead to a heart attack after 20+ years of use.

I did this daily for a couple of years, and my arms already have a bit of misshapen tissue around my old injection sites.

There's a thread somewhere on BL with the *BL approved* method for injection of ER morphine, but after using the search engine here I couldn't find it. :( I can tell you that a micron filter was undoubtedly used, thought.

I don't have micron filters available either, so I'm just going to tell you that you're much better off not making this method of iv prep a daily habit... Just be careful, and filter your end result with a typical homemade qtip filter several times (I do it 4 times, using a new filter each time) before you inject.

Also, make sure you let it cool first!! As tiny bits of wax will reform in the solution once fully cooled. Leave these behind, they clog the hell out of syringes as well as being terrible on the veins.

A little remains on your spoon doing it that way, but you can eat that off if you don't like waste. Hell, I eat my cottons afterwards.

^^^ he shocks it with cold water after heating, at least that's the way I understood it. That should cool it and hopefully precipitate any undesirable dissolved waxes etc.

This would probably be fine if ran through a wheel filter. I used to crisp the name brand MS Contin and would be able to simply mix with cold water and filter with dental cotton.(wish I had more then occasional access to wheel filters back then)

I believe the most HR friendly way is to simply add a shit load of cold water, like 5cc for a 100 mg tablet. It will gel but then there's so much water it should thin it out.mash and stir it, then allow it to sit for 10 minutes or so. Draw thru a cotton into a leur lock syringe with the needle removed. Once it's drawn up, attach your prepped micron filter to the syringe and force the solution back out into a sterile cooker. This can now be drawn up needle screwed on and IV'

I have tried using a bunch of water before and although it did work, I had to do 3 whole shots to do all of it and I didn't get any rush at all. That being said I really don't care for doing it that way and would much rather do it the way I described.

You can crush them and heat them while slowly moving the wax aside but still touching the water so as it heats the goodies get into the water. When youre done move the wax all the way out of the way then pull the water out then push it through a wheel filter and youre ready to do your thing now. Be safe and use a wheel filter.

Also let it cool. Forgot that. These pills are very unhealthy to bang so as soon as you can switch to something safer. But if you must. The above method is how i did it.

jKoOfhH.png
The problem with heating MS-C's is although it looks like the clumps are bigger, if you look closely the proliferation of sub 5 um particles is significant. In between the large clumps it looks almost gray from all of the fine particulates vs the unheated sample. Without a micron filter that's all going straight to your lungs. With some brands of generics cold water/ saline works better than hot anyways.

Last edited:
Yea the abg I believe and m box are best with fridge chilled saline add the cold water makes the impurities less soluble while Morphine is extremely soluble even in cold water while the salt is supposed to disrupt the feeling matrix. It works best when the coating is wiped off an am Iso pad as Iso won't gel it just the small amount of water in it much less than sucking the coating off.

I do know for the purple 30's all I did was crush into powder, add 80 units of water and let it sit for 30-60 seconds without touching or stirring at all. Then use wheel or micron filter at least, draw it up, and happy trails.

You guys are totally misunderstanding the whole fuckin point of why I made this thread. First of all I'm not taking about the purple ABG's or any of the other morphines that you can just simply mix with water and shoot. I'm talking about the E653 (endos) and the ones with the M in the box on the side that turn into a thick ass waxy goo as soon as you add water to them and are pretty much impossible to prep (and get a good concentrated solution that will give you a nice pins and needles rush) any other way without using solvents and shit. I DON'T USE THIS METHOD UNLESS I AM DEALING WITH ONE OF THOSE TWO BRANDS OF PILLS. Secondly, there's a reason why I said to add the half a syringe full of really COLD water after heating up the solution in the spoon. By doing so you will rapidly cool the solution and cause all of the melted wax to precipitate out of it and become solid again so when you strain it through the filter you won't have any melted wax that makes it through into the final product. Last but not least EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT YOU SHOULD USE A FUCKING WHEEL FILTER BUT HARDLY ANYBODY DOES. Even if you had one you would still have to go through the process I described if you were trying to prep one of the brands of morphine sulfate that I'm talking about because you would be trying to push a big blob of thick ass wax through the filter and you wouldn't get anything to IV anyway.

The step where you add cold water is pretty much pointless. You've already heated our sample, and adding cold water to it afterwards won't reverse anything. The problem isn't just melted wax but solubilized microscopic crap. Please don't promote unnecessary and risky practices like IVing without filtering. That's especially risky​ with this preparation you've suggested. You might be able to get away with it, but you might also lose a limb.

So you say that it's pointless to resolidify the wax so it doesn't end up in your veins and then you tell me I'm the one that is promoting risky practices. I edited my post to include using a wheel filter at the end if one is available yesterday so I don't see how you could see any problem with my post. It is made very clear at the beginning that the method described is only for use with a couple brands due to the fact that heating and then resolidifying the wax is the only proficient way to prepare a solution that can be used intravenously without using acetic anhydride or hydrochloric acid. As for the whole you could lose an arm comment, the odds of that happening are fuckin slim to none as long as you know what you're doing. I read a paper on a study that was done in which they asked people about the method they used the last time they IV'd morphine pills, and a whopping 29% claimed to have not used a filter of any kind prior to injection of the solution. Those are the people that you read stories about that lost their arm from injecting pills, the 29% that shoot it up with no filtering whatsoever.

Last edited:
I have a question myself. I have been a great amounts of all different Tablets since 2013. It started when I got a Tumour in my spine, then from there, due to the large amounts of Steroids I was put on, I now have Necrosis Disease. I am 33, Have now had a Right Hip Rwplacement, waiting on a Left and it has also spread to my shoulders and knees. I currently go through 60 Endone a fortnight, take 1 x 150mg Palexia Tablet Twice a day, 150mg of Lyrica Twice Daily, 50mg of Endep at night and also go through 100 Valiums a fortnight. All of which is supplied on PBS. My pain is only getting worse and my anxiety is through the roof. My question to anyone that can help, the current Meds I am on, can I IV them? I have never used a needle myself before (Besides Clexaine, when I had a blood clot in my leg) so have know idea what to do or if it can even be done. I just want the pain to stop. Appreciate any feedback

So you say that it's pointless to resolidify the wax so it doesn't end up in your veins and then you tell me I'm the one that is promoting risky practices. I edited my post to include using a wheel filter at the end if one is available yesterday so I don't see how you could see any problem with my post. It is made very clear at the beginning that the method described is only for use with a couple brands due to the fact that heating and then resolidifying the wax is the only proficient way to prepare a solution that can be used intravenously without having to use solvents such as acetyl anyhydride. As for the whole you could lose an arm comment, you must be one of those people who have read alot about something but have no hands on long term experience with it.
If you IV the purple 30s they don't gel up that much & you should use a wheel filter

No shit dude I'm not talking about those. IT'S ONLY FOR THE ENDO AND MALLINCKRODT BRAND PILLS! CAN YOU FUCKING PEOPLE READ OR ARE YOU SLOW?

Status
Not open for further replies.