• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc In search of the cure with the help of Adderall and Xanax

Blow Vapes

Greenlighter
Hey Bluelight; nice to finally have an account on here. I have gained a lot of knowledge off these forums in the past.
If I have posted in the wrong "dialect" or wrong area, please let me know :)

I am 22 years old in college and working a full time job. Throughout elementary, middle, high school and mainly college my inability to control my sleep has had a huge impact on my productivity. This, in turn, has made me extremely depressed knowing of all my missed opportunities from oversleeping.

I have been on Zoloft in the past, probably ager 17-18; not a fan, didn't see improvement so i stopped.

I was on Adderall on and off throughout high school and college. Recently, I haven't had access to my doctor and obtaining a script has been a pain the ass. I have sources to get what would be needed but I don't want to be doing that. My high school dose was 40mg XR adderall in the AM, with a 10mg IR as needed. This worked for the productivity, but left me with the typical stim. crash and I couldn't do it. I got some .25 xan's from a campus doctor but that amount was unnoticeable.

I have discovered the ability of xanax to alleviate these symptoms, and almost completely cancel out the adderall in my system allowing me to eat and sleep and be normal.

My good friend who is a MD from home has been in contact with me, discussing options and we have come to a conclusion that I would like to run by some of you. The root of my depression and hopelessness has been my sleep schedule, so our plan was to attack that first and I think on a normal daily schedule I would feel happier.

Our verdict: 25mg adderall XR as soon as the alarm clock goes off, 10mg adderall IR (as needed, i work afternoon shifts), 1.0mg xanax at night for sleep.

What really shocked me, was that she seemed more concerned with my heavy marijuana (smoking 6/7 years, about 3gs a day lately) use to alleviate the adderall effects since I didn't have access to downers, and that she was more willing to hand me xanax..

I'm aware of the dangers with these drugs. Adderall has caused me problems, but only when I let it, and I have no intentions to ever go back to abusing that. its just not worth it. I don't have a crazy addictive personality, but xanax is scary to me still.

Do you guys think this cycle of 25mg ADD morning/10mg ADD A/N/1.0mg benzo, would be succesfull for a temporary way to get a normal sleep schedule? My first thing I want to do is cut the xanax out completely when I feel that I can tolerate the adderall on its own. I have little access to knowledage sources in my town, so any info from you guys I would really appreciate.

Side note, anyone like taking their morning Addy and benzo together in the morning? I get a nice feeling from that, stimmed without being stimmed, but would rather take advantage of both drugs on their own.

Thanks guys.

Mike

I've started and stopped benzo use without much trouble. The real trouble comes when you don't prepare for the tapering and have to go cold turkey.