• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Pure IV Naloxone to drop tolerance?

jackie jones

Bluelight Crew
Hello. I have come to the point recently where I have found the ceiling of oral opium. It has worked for years, yet for the past month or so, I simply cannot get high no matter how much I consume. The notion of withdrawals at this time truly frightens me.... yet if I can condense it into one unspeakably difficult 24-48 hours, I would consider it.

I have a 2mg vial of pure naloxone. I am seeking to know what would happen if I injected it, the half life and the overall safety and efficiency of doing so. Thank you for your help.

-Jackie

You'll precipitate withdrawals and beat yourself up for doing something so stupid. There is no quick fix to tolerance it takes time for the damage to naturally reverse. All you can do is slowly lower the dose until you are at a point that you find is sustainable or off of it completely and still it will take time after acute wd to deal with the post acute withdrawals like sleep issues, eating issues, anxiety, fatigue, and other minor, but tedious issues easily managed with non narcotics or even weed.

I thought I read somewhere that it was possible to increase the agony and decrease the duration, but I could not be certain.

Thanks for the advice.

Thy do this in so called "rapid detox" here In Canada, apparantley it's really dangerous (they're under sedation or anesthesia) and ur extremely uncomfortable afterwards, and a lot of ppl say it doesn't even work as advertised.

Since u would be conscious u would become very ill from severe withdrawal, then have to feel super shitty afterward, and the sickness will probably just linger as I don't believe reversing opioid dependence is that easy.

I'd have to advise u strongly not to do this. You would probably end up in the hospital from dehydration from shitting and puking and sweating and crying.

Look up ultra low dose naltrexone, which you take with your opiate of choice and tolerance reduces. You can not substitute narcan for naltrexone it has to be the latter.

Edit I'll add that with medical care opiate withdrawals are not lethal, but without medical care yes you can easily die of dehydration throwing up to death if it is serious enough. Do not attempt this without professional help and definitely not alone.

opium? i'd be jealous of you if you weren't in this rough situation rn
have you considered a short subutex detox? works for me

and get some comfort meds; lope, benzos, buscopan, ibuporfen etc etc

Edit I'll add that with medical care opiate withdrawals are not lethal, but without medical care yes you can easily die of dehydration throwing up to death if it is serious enough. Do not attempt this without professional help and definitely not alone.

You could also be risking aspiration pneumonia and hypoxia if vomiting is so severe you cannot catch your breath.
Please take the advise here and do not attempt this, but instead consider low dose naltrexone to lower your tolerance.

Rapid detoxing yourself with Naloxone is a pretty bad idea. It has a short half life, which is why some people can get revived with Narcan and go out again later on.

There is another possibility: the opium you are getting now is garbage.

Gawd that would suck. I can't even believe your able to get decent opium. I have t had real good since I was Amsterdam and I think it was just laced with great heroin. But I digress no don't do naloxone unless your dying or it's in your withdrawl meds. I have a narcan shot just in case but would only use if someone was overdosed.