• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Addiction/Withdrawals

dillpickel

Greenlighter
I've been taking small doses (3-5g) of kratom daily for about a week and a half straight and taking a couple higher doses (7-8g) as well. The only withdrawal effects I've noticed so far are fatigue, slight restlessness (sort of edgy feeling), and mild depression. I just wanted to know how fast kratom tolerance and withdrawals build up and how long it'll take me to get fully clean.

I'm currently on break, but I'll be starting college again in about 5 days. Should I just cut it out completely now in order to have no withdrawals when school starts or could I use it for a couple more days or could I taper down over time and start school completely withdrawal free?

Also, if I take vicodin instead of kratom, will I still get withdrawals or will the withdrawals be nonexistent because it's technically a different drug?

Normally I'd smoke weed (A LOT of it), but lately since I started using more psychadelics, I've felt that weed just makes me feel "out of it" and gone from reality. I absolutely despise the head high I used to love and it's why I am absolutely loving the opiate high now. The opiate high doesn't make me "trip out" or find myself staring at a wall for 10 minutes straight lol. Not sure if any of you guys have had a similar experience with this.

This is slightly off-topic from my main post, but I thought I might as well add this in. What do you guys think is the best way to find a non-drug hobby? I feel like I've lost my ability to have fun without drugs and have been on some substance for about 2 months straight. Whenever I'm sober I just have no clue what to do. This is affecting my studies as well. During finals week, I had to use adderall one day and then kratom + caffeine the next and then continue to switch off just in order to salvage my grades.

Hope I didn't ramble too much.

Thanks in advance for any help or support you can offer.

Cheers.

You've been taking it a week and a half! Just let it go, you will be fine. Also, if you are getting to the point that you need drugs to be productive that is a huge sign to steer clear of them. Don't take ANYMORE.

Also you may consider a therapist or something if you find that after a couple weeks of no use that you are still depressed.

Given that you've not been using too much for too long, I'd opt to just stop completely rather than tapering. Stopping at this stage should only cause some slight physical discomfort for a few days and the psychological side of things should be fairly insignificant once you're past that (though that's no excuse for complacency).

IME, tapering often ends up being a sort of trade-off between the physical and psychological challenges of quitting stuff because in order to minimise physical withdrawal by tapering, you have to spend a lot more time thinking about it, and the more something like that plays around your head, the the more exaggerated and eventually irrational those thoughts become. Though it's probably a small risk in your case, it's possible that after (over-)thinking your kratom dosages for several days and arriving back at school you could end up reasoning that dealing with both at the same time is too much and give up on the taper.

If u stop for a week u will be good to go with tolerance maybe a 2 day taper..Kratom will produce opiate like wd if taken a lot..if u space it out during the week and only one dose a day u will be good

Tapering is pointless if you've only been using for a week and a half without previous abuse history. Just quit while you're ahead. The fact that you're starting to feel like you need to use drugs tells me that you should really avoid addictive drugs as much possible.

Try to find a hobby that you enjoy. It might seem really difficult to spend time sober, but you'll adjust to it again. Try kava root powder. It's not physically addictive and might satisfy your craving for an altered mental state.

I always seem to notice it's all in people's heads. Barely any physical withdrawals, and mostly people saying "on my anxiety I wanna dieeeee*.

You will survive. But if someone gets bad withdrawals from *kratom*, then I implore them to not take any hard drugs such as heroin or cocaine....

To be clear, I'm not complaining about the withdrawal symptoms, I just wanted to know the details about how long it'll take to be completely withdrawal free because I don't want to deal with any type of withdrawals while also trying to study.

In my opinion, the severity of any withdrawals depend on the environment in which one needs to experience them in. Don't get me wrong if I had to experience withdrawal effects in the comfort of my home with unlimited food and television, I would be completely fine. On the other hand, if you are in a competitive university taking a very rigorous course-load (not to mention social events as well as communication with other students and teachers) and then you have to deal with your withdrawal effects, even the most minimal withdrawals will be detrimental to your performance. This was my main worry. As far as being able to withstand pain, I can do that very well, but again the environment is key.

I wasn't even complaining about the withdrawals I was getting from kratom so far tbh (I was simply listing the symptoms out) because I've been on break and haven't needed to camp the library for hours on end like I would need to do at school.

Finally, if anyone has any idea about how vicodin would affect my kratom withdrawals, I would greatly appreciate any info on that. I got two pills left and was hoping to take them tonight or sometime this week, but if taking them will increase my kratom withdrawals, then I'll save them for later because my school starts in 4 days and I want to be fresh by then.

I haven't touched kratom since I made this post.

Thanks in advance for any advice/help provided.

Cheers.

kratom withdrawals are a joke, i use kratom to get off harder opiates and when I stop the kratom I might get minor withdrawals for 4 days.

Finally, if anyone has any idea about how vicodin would affect my kratom withdrawals, I would greatly appreciate any info on that. I got two pills left and was hoping to take them tonight or sometime this week, but if taking them will increase my kratom withdrawals, then I'll save them for later because my school starts in 4 days and I want to be fresh by then.

Hydrocodone and kratom are both opioids, so if you take hydrocodone it'll decrease withdrawal symptoms of kratom and vice versa, but you'll only prolong the withdrawals...