• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Anything I should know before trying methamphetamine?

rubydacherry

Greenlighter
Last week I was out smoking some bud at my usual spot and I came across this dude laying on the ground just chilling so I ask him if he wants to take a couple hits, he said yes and he got talking about lots of stuff including how he does meth. I've been very curious about harder drugs (heroin, meth, cocaine, ect.) but I haven't tried any yet because I haven't had any available to me. I plan on only doing it once, and then maybe on special occasions like twice a year?? I'm not too worried about addiction because I've been on and off many different drugs throughout my life without any problems. I think it would be an interesting thing to experience and something I would like to try. Anything I should know before trying it?

It is my understand though youve been taking hallucinogens and dissociatives right?

Do not take amphetamine atless your fullly prepared that if you fall in a certain percentage of humans youll end up trying to do it everyday.

Yes the only other amphetamine I've tried is Ritalin at very high doses and Im getting some Adderall soon. I have decent self control with them, I tend to try high doses of drugs but not to do them very often.

I tried meth for the first time two a couple weeks ago, and it turned into a two week binge from the first line. Today is my first day not taking any. This is coming from someone who's taking Rx amphetamines for awhile now, as prescribed the majority of the time. I'd just say be careful, and if you do set some rules and abide by them.

also, im curious of that "speed dick" effect. can you describe it before and after meth please

Here's my advice: don't do meth.

It probably won't be the end of the world if you try it, but there is literally no benefit to your life from trying it, and it has the potential to make your life worse (both short & long term)

Also, I am of the opinion that until you fuck with drugs like meth or heroin, you probably don't have a very clear view of just how susceptible you are to addiction.

No matter how much self control you think you have, you haven't begun to test it until you try meth or heroin. You will feel so good on it that you will quickly justify occasional use. Your occasional use will creep up in frequency but you will still call it recreational use. Then one day you'll realize you don't really care to stop because it's so much fun and isn't affecting your life anyway. It goes downhill from there. If you're young and have a working life ahead of you, there's plenty of time to wait and if you're still inclined, try it late in life when there is less to lose. I never understood addiction until I tried meth. It's kind of like this (if you're a guy :)) - imagine the most beautiful woman you've ever set eyes on is behind a door. She is your perfect soulmate in every way and the second you open that door, every time, is ready to jump your bones and satisfy you in every possible way you could imagine. How often would you open that door?

That's some fucking great HR right there 8)

i see my post got deleted BUT what i said i explained why i would suggest such thing and it makes sense, for the mature ONLY, i will say

anyway, kind of sucks there is availability of only one option, opinion on this forum and it always has to be DONT DO IT. kind of silly, if a person already has made it their goal to do it anyway. do you honestly believe by saying dont do it its bad for you its going to deter them? im pretty sure most of these people arent 5 year olds

my advice is don't do it, the comedown will be so awful. if u must though, make sure you have landing gear (seroquel or benzos)

my advice is don't do it, the comedown will be so awful. if u must though, make sure you have landing gear (seroquel or benzos)

uh have downers handy for any stimulant. i think you are new

I tried meth for the first time today too. I shot it up, and I did it twice within about 12 hours. I didn't pay exact attention to the time. I understand that if you've already made your mind up, then it's your choice ultimately. But if you still have any bit of fear or doubt, I recommend listening to it. My experience has been be dry heaving literally all day long and my heart has been really off. It's been having palpitations and skipping and when I did my second hit, I swear it felt like my heart stopped for like a millisecond. I couldn't draw in any air, it was like I forgot how to breathe for just a second. But that short like 10 seconds total of that feeling was enough to scare me into never trying it again. I know my experience is apparently pretty common from what I've gathered on here when I made my own post a few hours ago, but if this is common idk why people do it again because I promise you I've never felt so shitty in my life physically and emotionally. I've never had any issues with anything I've tried and I've tried pot, coke, acid, heroin, and meth. Heroin didn't even do me like this, I was extremely disappointed in it. I didn't feel anything really. I felt the same as I already did other than a slight elevation in my mood. If you're wondering "why ain't this bitch shut up yet?" It's the meth, lol. If you end up going thru with it, you'll understand. Also if you still do it, please please don't shoot it. I promise you, I don't even have an addictive personality, but that feeling the first time I did it was amazing. If I could feel like that all the time, I'd be set. And it's scary. I'm fortunate in the aspect of I've never had any issues with any addictions, but not everyone is that lucky. You may think you don't, but you need to be damn sure you're confident you won't get hooked before you try it if you have no intentions on getting addicted. It's not a decision you should make in the moment like I did. Understand it's strong, and it has the potential to take control of you and even kill you. With all that said, the friend I did it with tried to talk me out of it too but we see how that worked. Im stubborn, my mind was made up. I was going big or going home and shooting up meth. I regret it because of how I've felt ever since that second hit. If you do it, leave it at one. Don't think "oh I can do a little more I'll be okay". I thought that too and then ended up in an almost all day panic attack basically. I still don't even feel right, my heart is still fluttering and I still feel like I'm going to puke every 5 minutes but nothing comes up. Make sure you eat good and are hydrated before hand and try to stay hydrated during. You won't want to eat. I'm tired but unable to sleep because I've tried all day, so look forward to some insomnia too. When all is said and done, if you do it just be safe, use sterile clean brand new shit, and be somewhere you're comfortable so you don't freak out like me being with a friend I hardly knew yet.

**its now been about 37 hours since I did it and I'm still shitty. I just spent the last 45 minutes puking. This shit is real lol. Never again man. I'm miserable.

Last edited:
Here's my advice: don't do meth.

It probably won't be the end of the world if you try it, but there is literally no benefit to your life from trying it, and it has the potential to make your life worse (both short & long term)

Also, I am of the opinion that until you fuck with drugs like meth or heroin, you probably don't have a very clear view of just how susceptible you are to addiction.
Good post.

Wish we could just rate posts with stars or likes/dislikes, or add a couple sentences to the end of a given post in rating it and giving your reasons.

Would be less clutter, less posts. I think.

Yes the only other amphetamine I've tried is Ritalin at very high doses and Im getting some Adderall soon. I have decent self control with them, I tend to try high doses of drugs but not to do them very often.

There is more to consider than infrequent use. Taking high doses, especially when inexperienced with a substance, isn't really a great idea. I'm certainly not judging you. I just see several threads where you have been taking several new things lately. Again, not judging you or trying to preach. But this is a harm reduction, site.

HR would be to research, research, research any substance, and when new to it, start slowly.

Please don't end up as another obituary of a young person who "only did it once". Research is your friend, and this site is filed with VERY EXPERIENCED users. I'm glad you're here, hon.

Regarding meth. I'm very liberal in my views on drugs, even legalization. But I must say, in my personal opinion, meth is one of, if not THE MOST DIRTY, TOXIC drugs there is.

If you insist on doing it , keep use infrequent. This is a cancer causing drug. Read up on the chemistry.

Start hydrated, eat, and get sleep. When I messed with this I always, always stopped early in the day enough that I always slept, set night.

Also this drug can ramp up sexual urges. This can lead to irresponsible encounters with consequences. Any substance, that alters your mind can yes, but I've had lots of first hand and second hand experience with meth and in my experience this drug in particular can lead to hypersexuality.

If you are around others doing this who do not hydrate, eat, and sleep, know that manic and violent episodes aren't uncommon.

Knowledge is power :)

Stay safe! Peace.

Edit, the come down can be a bit much as well, you may feel very sad, depressed, empty. Just be prepared and know it will pass. Weed can help.

Edit: to add to what auranova said, yes, this will be it at first. Eventually, though, your nervous system and brain will deteriorate, and since it is highly toxic it won't take long. And before you know it that perfect lover analogy, waiting behind the door....will be replaced by a violent, horrible, worst nightmare partner that threatens everything. That being said, if you get in over your head and make the wise choice to stop, I did not find the withdrawal to be that bad. I was young. The older and worse your health in general is, the harder any withdrawal will be.BBut I wad hungry, sleepy....now on opiates for pain and how I WISH I could take a sleep time machine through those withdrawals lol. Oy.

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm coming down hard on you or preaching, as I've responded to more than one thread of yours. It's just that I'm thinking you are young, right? And I see you are first-timing a wide variety off substances currently. This sets of alarm bells for me. My intentions are compassionate and of concern, please do not think I'm judging you for one nanosecond. PM me if you'd like to talk more.

I'm about to go through heroin withdrawal, so I will either be talkative to stay busy, or too sick to even read, but if the latter outs the case, I will get back to you as soon asap.

Given your current experimental thing, and taking high doses even if not frequent, I'm wondering if there's something going on in your life that is hard to cope with right now? Or, something that has been ongoing but I'd coming to a crescendo, or something was the straw that broke the camels back?

I am very much into helping people talk things out. I enjoy it. I'm decent at it . Friends put me in touch with their friends I don't know at all specifically because I'm good at listening and good at comforting and giving reasonable advice, and I do not judge. I've been through too much hell to be judgemental 99.999% of the time.

If you need to talk, I'm here. I've been through a lot. Sexual abuse, assaults, medical hell, chronic pain, being beaten severely by an alcoholic partner, and much, much more, like very traumatic losses of a horrible nature, targeted by narcissists, etc. I say this to hopefully make you feel comfortable to talk with me. That I do understand. A wide variety of things.

You seem like a bright person and I get the feeling that you're probably quite creatively talented. I just have a hunch. Life can be very hard. I hope you will reach out to me if you would like to talk. About anything. Be well, sweetheart. Peace

Last edited:
Trust me youre not missing out of anything, I tried tons of drugs growing up and the was finally offered meth when i was with close friends. It is SOOO easy to over do it on your first time,especially since anyone who gives it too you is probably a fiend. I remember starting to get that feeling you get when your leg or foot "falls asleep" start in my legs and slowly creep ALL over my body, i had to stop driving and switch cause i was having a panic attack.. on the way to a party.

Since then i tried a handful of other times and i have to say it fuckin GROSS dude, it gives me like this pit in my stomach even if i did eat, but dont plan to eat. Also dont plan to shit cause it can give you constipation and if you push too hard youll fuck yourself up. Makes my sink oily AF and makes me smell like shit! and im the take a shower twice a day kinda guy.

Honestly, one of the worst effects about it is it makes me act like a fuckin weirdo. Im overly nice, all mixed up, sketchy, hyperactive.
But it gives a hell of a rush which is why i even did it more then once after the initial bad first time. But at this point i dont think id do it much anymore, ive been offered and just say naa id rather enjoy my weed high( oh yeah it tends too kill any other high you have)

Hope my experience sheds a little light into the gross drug that is meth!

i see my post got deleted BUT what i said i explained why i would suggest such thing and it makes sense, for the mature ONLY, i will say

anyway, kind of sucks there is availability of only one option, opinion on this forum and it always has to be DONT DO IT. kind of silly, if a person already has made it their goal to do it anyway. do you honestly believe by saying dont do it its bad for you its going to deter them? im pretty sure most of these people arent 5 year olds

You're out your fucking mind dude. Fucking suggesting such a chemical to such an impressionable young mind who fucking wants to smoke meth because he met some dude who bragged about it. Evil, and more importantly, the opposite of HR. Please remove yourself or try and help this kid not ruin his fucking life.

Last week I was out smoking some bud at my usual spot and I came across this dude laying on the ground just chilling so I ask him if he wants to take a couple hits, he said yes and he got talking about lots of stuff including how he does meth. I've been very curious about harder drugs (heroin, meth, cocaine, ect.) but I haven't tried any yet because I haven't had any available to me. I plan on only doing it once, and then maybe on special occasions like twice a year?? I'm not too worried about addiction because I've been on and off many different drugs throughout my life without any problems. I think it would be an interesting thing to experience and something I would like to try. Anything I should know before trying it?

You need to be prepared for the comedown. Meth can be fun and all and it doesnt last forever and preparing for the crash is important.

If you are going to do it, when it wears off dont redose. Getting sleep after is important as is keeping up your electrolytes with a sports drink. Remember to eat something.

The next day is a write off so just relax and if you have some valium then that will help knock it on the head. If not alcohol helps.