• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Isn't agomelatine more of a wild card since it is the only one to target melatonin?

niwkkie

Greenlighter
I mean most other new drugs that come out are based on the old classics- hitting gaba or dopamine /serotonin/adrenaline or the like. With agomelatine how do we know messing with your melatonin system won't fuck you up down the line since we have nothing else to compare it to since no other drugs have used this system before. I know some other sleep aids have come out now which focus on the melatonin receptors but they are even newer than agomelatine so the point is the same.

I was very interested by the effect profile of this anti depressant but the melatonin thing has made me cautious of trying it. It seemed like a great non addictive alternative to it's older brother tianeptine.

Thoughts?

Taking melatonin fucks with your melatonin system and we know a little bit about that. Also not likely that we would see problems only after a huge delay...
TBH i would much rather take this than any SSRI or something, but it's your call.