• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Huffing chloroform

Artificial Emotion

Bluelighter
Can anyone tell me the short and long term effects of huffing chloroform and what is the high like? Is it euphoric or is it more of a dazed, groggy sort of high?

I would think that chloroform works like other anaesthetics in that it mainly targets ionotropic glutamate and GABA receptors, as well as having actions at voltage gated channels such as the sodium and calcium channels - bur this latter activity is just a guess.

Inhalants are a good way to destroy your body - mainly having disastrous effects on your brain, heart, and lungs.

Chronic use is most definitely not recommended.

I have a question in recently diagnosed skitzophrenic and have always been looking for the right drug, I found that drug (chloroform) don't go telling me inhalant use is bad because I've done all the research and chloroform is safer than most anestics-excluding nitrous but that because it can cause mania/pyscosis,I've found no information about chloroform that would hurt me in the terms of having skitzophrenia I will use chloroform unless it will interrupt my skitzophrenia.
PS don't tell me not to use inhalants that won't help this harm reduction post and won't be helpful I've taken all the precautions to make chloroform as safe as possible I just want to know how will it affect my skitzophrenia and if it dosent please tell me other ways of using it safely

I have a lot of chloroform available to me and its been sitting there for a long time but Ive never used it as I dont know much about it except they used it to give Queen Victoria anasthetic for a caesarian. I dont know much about dosage or effects so look forward to the replies. Im not particularly interested in it except being a general all round druggie. Im just curious.

Doesn't chloroform literally burn the skin in your throat and lungs when inhaled? I'd probably stay away, much better and safer drugs out there.

Schizophrenia may involve many of the same receptors that chloroform akters predisosing you to developimg severe psychosis and auditory amd visual hallucinations. I was accidentially expossedmto chloroform rekated compounds and they eat away at your skon amd lungs amd i started seeing spiders

As for long-term effects, keep one thing in mind: regardless of ROA, chloroform is a known carcinogen.

Well is their any research stating causes pyscosis/mania because I'm in therapy for skitzophrenia-visual and auditory. And will chloroform effect my skitzophrenia or the medicine they are going to put me on? If they do?
Forgive me if I already asked this

Doesn't chloroform literally burn the skin in your throat and lungs when inhaled? I'd probably stay away, much better and safer drugs out there.
No but prolonged use can cause defatting of the skin if dermal exposure insues it can irritate the throat but I can't use safer drugs like weed because it ruins the treatment for skitzophrenia and can hurt my skitzophrenia in the long term
/I added baking soda to neutralize the HCI that forms and ethyl alcohol to protect against most if not all phosgene creation.

Last edited:
As for long-term effects, keep one thing in mind: regardless of ROA, chloroform is a known carcinogen.
Actually a lot of the dangers of chloroform are related to phosgene and I've tried my best to negate phosgene from forming

Although for the second link I'm don't have inhalant induced psychotic disorder and would like to know if again I know I've asked this question before but will chloroform effect my skitzophrenia? Because weed nitrous-other inhalants are actually very bad-other drugs will just fuck up my skitzophrenia ? I'd much rather use weed but I can't just fuck this up so I need to use a substance that won't do that. And from what I know the only one right now is chloroform at least what I can get a hold of

Your not gunna find alot of info on chloroform because it was phased by much safer anesthetics over a hundred years ago.

Basically chloroform acts as a anesthetic supressing excititory signaling in the brain which sounds like it might be good for schizophrenia positive symptoms like hallucinations agitation, ect however, by supressing activity in the cerrebellum and motor cortex it can increase the motor deficits making it seem like your floor is moving having trouble walking and causing gait and posture abnormalities

Also while acutely it may reduce the paranoid anxiety by supressing activity i. The amydala in the long term it causes a upregulation of gaba receptors further reducing the ability of your brain to supress inappropiate signaling.

Also thereis evidence that schiphrenia has to do also with oxidative stress and other complex poorly understood intercellular (inside the cell) and intra cellular( between cells) signaling. Chloroform is a alkylhalide which interms of reactivity is very high which is why it is so important in chemistry. Also as a solvent it sinks in water and disolves lipids and many many important chemicals essential to life. Another example of a chloroform likecompound is dichloroethane used in dry cleaning because its able to remove stainsof biological (semen blood fat) and plants (chloroohyll polyphenols the red in wine ect) the issue is when you inhale chloroform it is able to disolve just about everything so it starts destroying your liver. Entering the brai. Composed of lipids disolving them . Interacting with all the chemicalreactions your body preforms and when you have schizophrenia youmight be very sensitive to chloroformdisrupting normal cellular functioning because its doing the opposite of mood stabilizers or antipsychotics e
Or exercise or evensleep its penetratibng your brainand basically dry cleaning it

Your not gunna find alot of info on chloroform because it was phased by much safer anesthetics over a hundred years ago.

Basically chloroform acts as a anesthetic supressing excititory signaling in the brain which sounds like it might be good for schizophrenia positive symptoms like hallucinations agitation, ect however, by supressing activity in the cerrebellum and motor cortex it can increase the motor deficits making it seem like your floor is moving having trouble walking and causing gait and posture abnormalities

Also while acutely it may reduce the paranoid anxiety by supressing activity i. The amydala in the long term it causes a upregulation of gaba receptors further reducing the ability of your brain to supress inappropiate signaling.

Also thereis evidence that schiphrenia has to do also with oxidative stress and other complex poorly understood intercellular (inside the cell) and intra cellular( between cells) signaling. Chloroform is a alkylhalide which interms of reactivity is very high which is why it is so important in chemistry. Also as a solvent it sinks in water and disolves lipids and many many important chemicals essential to life. Another example of a chloroform likecompound is dichloroethane used in dry cleaning because its able to remove stainsof biological (semen blood fat) and plants (chloroohyll polyphenols the red in wine ect) the issue is when you inhale chloroform it is able to disolve just about everything so it starts destroying your liver. Entering the brai. Composed of lipids disolving them . Interacting with all the chemicalreactions your body preforms and when you have schizophrenia youmight be very sensitive to chloroformdisrupting normal cellular functioning because its doing the opposite of mood stabilizers or antipsychotics e
Or exercise or evensleep its penetratibng your brainand basically dry cleaning it

So from what I'm understanding is it bad because it can dissolve some of you tissues and other things-beginning with liver but could be helpful acutely for skitzophrenia? Yet has the opposite effect of antipsychotics. How would chronic use play out then? And will it affect any anti pyscotics I'm placed on(I don't know if they are giving me pills or not but i will know by Wednesday.

Do you think it would be ok to use chloroform as its my last resort? And could it hurt my skitzophrenia in any way cause if I say that I'm using it will that be very bad as it could some how hinder my skitzophrenia because I am very interested in drugs and have been for 5 years and have done a lot but now I'm focused on drugs that couldn't hurt to do on a somewhat regular basis?(more just when I can hang out with friends) social drinker problem, (could it hinder my therapy or if I receive pills is my main question?)

Yes chloroform isnt used as anesthesia because it was unsafe even when used once. It has a very narrow window between intoxicated and death. And it has a extremely high risk of you fainting and choking on your vomit and dying. If you go and look up papers from the 1800s on pubmed or something you can actually find reports of deaths using for anesthesia and that is by doctors with medical equipment around.

Ive stupidly used it before and i remember having hallucinations like i was walking and the ground would stretch so it seemed like i was walking but confused in a stupor id loose things and forget where i put what i started having paranoid delusions of being poisoned tossing bottle away looking at side walk curve like a snake feeling all kinds of weird sensations like pins and needles and stuff on my arms and legs. Never again.

Basically i think looking at it as dissolving things vital to life is a good way to look at it.

What i am saying is by acting basically like a solvent for lipids it will increase your risks of severe schizophrenic symptoms.

if you took your brain out of your head and dropped it into a bowl of water it wouldnt come apart. If you dropped it into chloroform youd be able to disolve the fats that make your brain have its structure and youll end up with a goopy mess. When u inhale chloroform its able to go into your brain and start messing your brain up. The more you mess up your brain the worse your schizophrenia might get.

Chloroform is not safe not even once.

Think of it this way if you drink alcohol in excess what happens you get sick.

Chloroform is basically a ethanol with three chlorines.

Fruits and vegetables have antioxidents and are good for you.

Chloroform reacts with things to cause oxidation

In terms of reactivity each chlorine makes it like ten fold more reactive then alcohol

Therefore, the stress of chloroform on the body isnt slightly higher then alcohol it is like over 100,000% percent more stressful therefore any amount is too much period.