• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom deaths from liver failure

mwfive

Ex-Bluelighter
Hi i was just wondering how much kratom can damage the liver cus of harm reduction and all that thanks in advance.

Unfortunately, it's not something that's easily quantifiable. All we can tell you is that there have been referenced instances of Kratom causing, among other complications, liver damage. It doesn't appear to be very common, however.

It's very rare, and this question is an impossible one to answer. It's not clear whether the liver issues are directly caused by kratom, a contaminant, or if it's related to specific predispositions. I would be more worried about anaphylaxis from a bee sting, but it's prudent to avoid taking kratom with other drugs that are hard the liver or if you already have liver damage. Or you can just see a doctor and they'll be able to assess your liver function and whether kratom is causing any problems.

I've seen alot more about people worrying about horror stories

Yea, it certainly seems that way. If anything, Kratom use has escalated in the wake of this potential ban (or so it would seem) and we really don't hear anything regarding severe complications from the drug.

Well you guys obviously hear a lot different from me Ive had people confirm it CAN cause Liver, Heart, Lung damage and the liver can be fatal as well as brain swellings nosebleeds gastric distress the list is endless really but this drug is most defo NOT SAFE!