• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Treatment Morphine Detox

Sunshine34242

Greenlighter
Ok so I'm currently taking morphine 60mg abg.. I take or bang a half a day and want to taper off safely! Would really appreciate a safe taper plan to get off this crap. Please don't judge me! Keep all your smart offensive comments to yourself ! I'm just looking for Help to get off the shit! Safely! I've done it before with heroine and roxy but not morphine. Should I just do less and less everyday?? I also have one 8mg subutex that I plan on using after I've tapered off as low as I could go.. And i plan to break that subutex up into tiny pieces and take about a piece a day under my tongue and eventually be completely off.. Any advice and help or support and suggestions would be greatly appreciated thank you ..

Last edited by a moderator:
Mods, could you move this to SL or DS for Sunshine? I know she'll get better responses there for what she's attempting to accomplish. She posted in my detox thread and wanted to help her get information. Given her medical condition, I don't feel comfortable advising on a taper plan personally.

All I can say is that's a very high dose and I would advise reducing it immediately and tapering to a lower dose and then stop tapering if you experience WD and then continue when you adjust to the lower dose.. other than that I have little to offer as I don't know your reasons for taking a high dose and other factors but I'm sure more experienced members can better help you, and pm me if you need to. peace :)

Last edited:
Moved to 'Sober Living' where it will get more replies.

As a suggestion - Please stick with the standard size font, people will often ignore messages that contain too many font sizes, colors, or are difficult to read on a mobile device etc.

Hi! I was taking 300mgs prescribed a day of morphine. I had seizures both times I went off cold turkey Is it possible for you to go inpatient? Even for 5 days?

My detox was really traumatizing. I was in jail both times. Hope you can get a medically supervised detox. Keep us posted.

Ok so I'm currently taking morphine 60mg abg.. I take or bang a half a day and want to taper off safely! Would really appreciate a safe taper plan to get off this crap. Please don't judge me! Keep all your smart offensive comments to yourself ! I'm just looking for Help to get off the shit! Safely! I've done it before with heroine and roxy but not morphine. Should I just do less and less everyday?? I also have one 8mg subutex that I plan on using after I've tapered off as low as I could go.. And i plan to break that subutex up into tiny pieces and take about a piece a day under my tongue and eventually be completely off.. Any advice and help or support and suggestions would be greatly appreciated thank you ..

If you think you will have issues going back and want to taper without no WD effects, I would check out suboxone. You can do a taper method with straight morphine, but you will have to have the will power to control your usage and also not fall back into the addiction. This can be difficult.

Have you looked into a suboxone treatment? These work pretty well and you should feel minimal discomfort, beyond initial anxiety for the first couple of days.

Buprenorphine or methadone will make a taper much more practice. It will be more difficult tapering off using morphine. If you have been using the morphine IV start taking it orally, and take a bit less every day until you feel like you are too uncomfortable. Basically taper the morphine just like you did with heroin and oxycodone. It works basically the same way in terms of morphine also being a relatively shorter acting opioid).

Once you've gone down as low as you can, wait a day or until you're getting really sick and switch over to the buprenorphine. Can you get any more than just 8mg? 8mg will make a big difference, if you take 2mg intranasal (to make it more effective and spread it out longer) for four days, but you would be better off having more to work with.

How many mgs of suboxone do you recommend to.be an effective amount to detox? I have about 28mgs (3 1/2 8mg strips) I may be able to get more. Just wondering. Thanks ?

How many mgs of suboxone do you recommend to.be an effective amount to detox? I have about 28mgs (3 1/2 8mg strips) I may be able to get more. Just wondering. Thanks ��

It depends what kind of habit you had. If you had an average habit, 28mg should probably be enough to see you through with minimal pain or suffering. It all depend on the specifics of each individual case though.

I'm not sure if Sunshine will find her way back to this thread, but something of note that was in another one of her posts (in my journal @ TDS) is that she is currently pregnant. I'm sure that will be considered relevant when discussing taper plans and giving advice. I saw she was active yesterday, so perhaps she will make it back to this thread.

I knew she'd get a better response in here, you all are awesome!

If she is pregnant she needs to get into a methadone or buprenorphine program (Subutex not Suboxone - the naloxone in Suboxone is a teratogen, a substance that causes birth defects, but buprenorphine on its own should pose no problems; methadone has long been used to treat substance use disorder among pregnant women safely and effectively).

Methadone or buprenoprhine (not Suboxone, only buprenorphine) is the best, safest way for her to carry her baby to term if that is what she intends to do. If she is interested in having an abortion, then that should be the priority right now, but if not some kind of extended detox/maintenance program is required if she wanted to protect the wellbeing of her baby to be (and herself!).

I found a methadone clinic like an hour away. Planning on going first thing Tuesday.. I'm just scared they will try and keep me at a high dose! Should I just be honest with them and tell them I'm not trying to be on a high dose of methadone??

I haven't been able to write because I forgot my password like an idiot.. But I went to my doctors appointment and they gave me some resources and methadone clinics near me. I'm going in first thing Tuesday.. thank you all for your comments and not judging me. Ever since I found out I was pregnant I didn't want to be on this mess! That's why I'm seeking help. Hopefully for the next 8 months everything will turn out ok for us.. just scared and I feel so bad. Wish I wasn't on this crap!

Keep your head up Sunshine, that is awesome you are getting the support! None of us can do this alone, particularly not when we are caring for two!