Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Antacids effects

Luv2Peak

Bluelighter
I have heard that stomach acid destroys up to 60% of the mdma contained in a pill when swallowed. Do antacids and things like quikeaze nuetralize stomach acid? If yes then will taking some antacid before pilling mean that less of the pill will be wasted by the stomach acid and more mdma will be absorbed into my system???

I would have thought the acid conditions of the stomach would normally facilitate absorption rather than destroy the molecule.
It's possible very acid conditions or enzymes present in this environment could "breakdown" MDMA, but as a HCl salt, absorption in the stomach would normally be fairly quick.

As MDMA also stimulates 5HT3 receptors in the stomach, extra secretions could raise acidity slightly, but as to whether this would cause more destruction of the amine, this is hard to say. It is the liver which destroys much of the MDMA absorbed. This is why plugging is prefered by some people as it involves administration via a less acidic area which is further from the liver (reducing first pass breakdown)

If you take antacids too close to rolling, you may very well cause less absorption of MDMA in the stomach. The alkaline nature would react with MDMA HCl. Except for perhaps a little absorption in the small intestine, most of this freebase would pass through the gut.

I found that antacids (Quick EZE) worked very well for me and had no noticeable effect on the potency of pills. I usually get an upset stomach from pills which can range from discomfort to projectile vomiting and seems to vary for no real reason I can find.

I have since switched to retro-introgestion (sorry to anyone who didn't see South Park and won't get that).

Combining antacids with prescription amphetamines is known to cause an increase in the absorption of the amphetamine. Drugs that acidify the GItract (including ascorbic acid etc) can reduce the absorption of amphetamines. It is likely the same is true for MDMA, but what this means for users is another matter. Given that antacids help with MDMA induced nausea, it is not very consistent, ulness this is purely a placebo effect.

I have heard that stomach acid destroys up to 60% of the mdma contained in a pill when swallowed.

I think what you're referring to is first-pass effects where 40-60% of the MDMA from your pill is metabolised by enzymes in your liver before it reaches your brain. This is (for the most part) unavoidable, when you are taking your pills orally. You can get more from your pill through other methods of ingestion which bypass the liver first time around, such as snorting or plugging, which will give you about 1.5 to 2x as much effect from the same pill due to the MDMA reaching your blood first.

Antacids are valuable when rolling though, to help ease your stomach if you feel queasy after pills and no food...

BigTrancer :)

Combining antacids with prescription amphetamines is known to cause an increase in the absorption of the amphetamine. Drugs that acidify the GItract (including ascorbic acid etc) can reduce the absorption of amphetamines.

I agree totally on both these points babydoc, but I was thinking more of both substances, an alkali and an acid salt, being in the stomach at the same time. Some MDMA would definitely be neutralised IMO, and therefore become insoluble.