• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Questions on Suboxone Withdrawals and My Thoughts. Please Listen ☺

Wannabefiend

Greenlighter
Thanks to everyone that reads this in advance, as it's not that short..

Hello everybody! Oh boy, well it's been a few years since I've posted but it's about that time because I'm sure my life is taking a change for the better, and I wanted to share my experiences and my emotional state with others that have been through this all too familiar shitstorm.

But anyways, onto the topic at hand. Since my last thread I descended into a soul sucking, abysmal drug use that not only hurt myself but those around me.
I graduated from snorting Black Tar to shooting, and many of you know that pit. I then got on Suboxone Maintenance and man I felt like it was a miracle, even though I would still get high often, I did take my Suboxone often. I was on suboxone for a year and a half (8mg/daily) but I would shoot it often as well, maybe not the whole 8mgs though.

Well I was arrested ten days ago and, surprise! You can't take your own prescribed suboxone in jail (I mean, I'm not really that surprised), and the cop who arrested me did not let me at least take one last suboxone dose, seeing as it had been 2 days since last dose. I spent 5 days locked up, so when i was released I had been clean for 7 days from suboxone. I started feeling WD on day 3 and the next few days, but after that, I didn't experience practicality anymore! I was thinking I would have suffered much longer due to its half-life but i felt better. So the minute I was released from jail, I actually took a whole 8mgs, I couldn't help it cause I had it, but I won't anymore...

So it has been about a week since I did any Sub, and I feel more or less fine! I get some lower back pain and general bad feeling, but it's easily bearable, but last night I couldn't sleep, so I took maybe 1mg, and I actually caught a buzz. I know I shouldn't have, but I figured it shouldn't really put me back seeing as it was such a small dose..

My question is, is the worst over? Or has it not really started? I won't take anymore this time, I'm changing my life and I know I am. God is giving me the strength, and if the worst is over, I know I will be okay and wont relapse. My life has to change, it's been way too long just fucking up with my parents and I couldn't stay stable enough to be in a good relationship with my girlfriend, whom I love and adore, so so much, so it's time for change.

Would appreciate any input on the Buprenorphine WDs.

Honestly I just wanted to be heard, and offered advice or support possibly. BL is the best, I'm glad you guys exist. ☺

P.S. Dropping some acid today, so I'm looking forward to that quite a bit, it's been a minute and maybe I'll get some insights ☺☺☺

That is fucking awesome OP! It is rare you hear of such stories, but what you explained makes sense to me. Was this your first time getting arrested, or a particularly difficult experience?

Anyways, buprenorphine withdrawal normally will peak around day 3-5, with the acute withdrawal lasting no longer than 7-14 days for most people. If you're already about a week in, even if you took a strip once, you would have already been pretty well aquatinted with how bad it is gonna get. It won't get any worse after day five, it the symptoms just stick around for a while until they taper off and fade away.

Not my first time being arrested, but the longest, even though it was only 5 days. I violated probation from a first time DWI because I didn't pay my fees and such. But id rather just serve time than 18months probation anyway.

And thank you for your response, I personally think the worst is over, I just wanted some one else's input. It's a weight lifted off my shoulders. Not having to worry about having to take anything to feel normal.

Thanks!